What do you think about the Story Mode? SPOILER

What do you think about the Story Mode?

• That's Amaizing!!!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • That's OK

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • That sucks, 50 bucks for this thing?!?

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Charly30

Recruit
Hi,
So what do you think about the story?
Me? Thast's **** from professionals who sold me this game 50$.
I guess that the story has been imagined by an intern? A14yo one during his 2 weeks internship (I use a translator for some words, sorry if it's not good)? If yes, this is a good job boy, sorry :smile:

For real TW! WTF is wrong with you? I just spent the whole night to play to try to finish the game, still not : what the **** is wrong with you?????????????????

1. I got the whole map and I still lose alliances, very rich friends multi owners perfer to join an endangered faction ;
2. An endangered faction (empire) doesn't want to join the faction who conquered the WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (me)

So, you kill a 10 troups unit, catch their boss, catch an other 20 troups units and their boss, still don't want to join, kill an other15 troups unit and oh surprise here is the boss you catched 10mins before, still doesn't want to join you, 2h later playing like that you take a look on your quest : Objective -100% WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And repeat for hours and hours...............................................................

TaleWorlds, please, call back the intern for he programms quickly clans 100% joining you if you own the WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!! AND the empire can't be able to recruit after losing all their territories.

Then, let the professionals work to do it proprely WHITOUT BREAKING THE GAME!!!

Thank you TW, your game is amazing BUT some ****s are spoiling this jewel and that's a shame.
OK, this is still EA but still guys, for real.

The only good thing about it is getting 3 family clan members, but that's more a "WTF were they thinking" about why didn't they add some clan member options for sandbox mode too. Having and growing a full clan is an important part of the game and just removing it (and still leaving dead parents?) without compensation is a mistake. I guess getting a little free renown for the rebuild your clan quest is good too. Getting you older older brother to jump up your party size early is really good and being able to customize him and you younger siblings is really useful. But again, this is because of defects in the game: Companions should be better and faster to build up for clan roles, other clan members should be obtainable in sandbox and so on.

The initial quest is okay for teaching some basics of the game, although it's clunky and doesn't explicitly tell the player many basics things. It's lazy to use normal hideouts for the quests though. The latter quest to create a kingdom is the real problem though. The quest offers zero guidance or preparation for what having a faction is like in the game and the requirements listed in the quest are so low that it leads new player to make a faction in a very unprepared state. For two years now there is constant supply of "I just made my first kingdom and now...." questions because the game gives absolutely help on what to do or how anything works. Players are shocked and appalled that nobody will join their new kingdom and that they must contend with multiple 1k armies and such.

They should throw out the "talk to npcs about thing" part and add a real quest line that also goes through the general stages of game progression and teaches the player useful things.

in campaign mode I just done the Dragon banner quest... 20+ years (in-game) and many battles and in the end I have 3/4 of a map, two kingdoms with some fiefs left (Batania and Vlandia), no empire factions (including some rebel clans, who found their own empire)
now, I'm enjoining grandkids and start populate Calradia with my kin :grin:

OK, so I just "finished" the game : so I'm playing Bannerlord, I've got the 3 broken pieces of the banner, the 3 Empire factions are down and? Where is the banner? At least no popup to say "congratulation you defeated the 3 empire, you are the bannerlord! Continue/Quit"?
Early access yes, but a bit desappointing.

Also I got it (I guess) : you musn't be the only faction on the map, the empire clans won't be able to leave their faction to join an other one with territories.

OK, so I just "finished" the game : so I'm playing Bannerlord, I've got the 3 broken pieces of the banner, the 3 Empire factions are down and? Where is the banner? At least no popup to say "congratulation you defeated the 3 empire, you are the bannerlord! Continue/Quit"?
Early access yes, but a bit desappointing.

Also I got it (I guess) : you musn't be the only faction on the map, the empire clans won't be able to leave their faction to join an other one with territories.

This I find inexcusable. Yo Developers, take 30 minutes and give us a tiny End Game congrats screen! Is it that hard? are you that incensed by your own fan base..?

"Let em rot in ambuguity forever...". Not even a merciful death.

I was expecting a story about how the kingdoms in warband came to existence. Something like the fall of the empire and the rise of swadia. Something that fills the gap of the dialogue we find in warband like the swadian warrior queens Isola of Suno spoke of and the Khergit overtaking the whole east and the sarranid conquest of the south (fall of Charas)(like the fall of Iberia). Maybe the arrival of the nords? I think the Nord Invasion was a big thing too.

Bannerlords story mode is a waste of ressources and time. Every single complete overhaul mod will offer a better story, because it´s not really hard to have a better story than this. But I guess it´s there to catch new players, story and sandbox mode reads better on paper than just sandbox only. At least I´ve never seen a huge demand by the community that TW should add a story to Bannerlord. But overall it also doesn´t hurt the sandbox mode, only the ressources could have been used for something better, hell even a better 8k sheep texture.

I´ve not played the story for a long time, do you still have to catch those 10 lords on the map and talk to them? It was ****ing annoying.

they need to improve, having a story is nice, specially with some Lore.

They need to improve or remake the storyline, it makes zero senso after a time, i always thought the story would be around the murder of Arenicos, the fall or re-rise of the imperial power. (The fall would be in line with warband timeline - at least the map we know of that time) Unless there's more in the continet and the MEpire lived in sme small kingdom way and there's more to the east, south, etc.

But, it's an ok thing.. they really should have tried harder

It just fits the whole game, TW giving the smallest amount of effort possible to add whatever.
actually.. I just think they hired a very poor writer for the quests, or they are just making up on the go.

If they intended to place some lore and story line, they should have the story written first. as a small novella for the company writer-quest, etc.

I know that because i already tried get in the gaming industry, trying get a job as Gaming writer for companies and they explained me the process.

I think these were an attempt to place more lore in game, which i think makes sense, since they build a whole continent and cultures. But like many medieval games, it's mostly a "What if" whe the player gets in control

For example, when they Teased bout the Empire and Vlandia, it was very exciting and well written. Derthert suffer with rebel lords (Philippe Capet and William de Normandy "the conqueror") he has to make though decisions regarding kingdom policies.

Neretzes was incompetent and die, Arenicas was a hero ruled for 7 years and was murdered...

Bro these give easily a long plot for any rpg/medieval storyline and would look nice for the game, the end quest could be the dragon banner but "What if", got it?

If i was the company writer, I'd write the story until the end of Arenicos' year, the player would start in his final days, then would get a cutsene and notification about the murder and then the imperial split. From there they could let with a "What IF" thing, the dragon banner is nice touch for "national pride" but even Arenicos' didn't give a two ****s about it.

Last edited:
yep, if rebels keep town long enough to make peace, then they can create a kingdom, which is a pain in *ss
Is that something new on 1.8.0? I've never seen that happen on 1.7.1, sometimes if the rebellion succeeds they stay as an independent clan in control of the city but don't actually create a kingdom.

my last experience in story mode was:

-I gave Lucon the banner, he died shortly after, so I won a free kingdom asap.
-War with the other 2 empires forever.
-conquer 75% of the empire. WE "DEFEAT" the empire (in fact it never happened)
- now vladia, kusait and aserai are at war with you forever. My allies do not stop and try to make peace but the system prohibits them.
- Every time my kingdom managed to advance in one of these wars, the other empires, battania and sturgia declared war on us. Or a clan was reluctant to abandon us.
-had all vladia and aserai and kusait captured. My allies alone could not conquer the EMPTY settlements of these enemies.

This was not tested in 1.8, if I load that game now probably half of my allies will leave my realm to "balance" the game.

Didn't play the full story.. but to the bit I've seen I can say nah.
Never was a fan of story thing in this type of game and I agree it's a waste of time and resources.

Always playing in story mode but never do the quest 😉
It’s worldwar and the events coming with it are often very far from where we are, timed, and further more we are at war : cannot be everywhere at once 🤣😉

Re-thinking to the whole thing, thanks to your original post, TW wrote some lore with minor factions, that would be a very good excuse/direction to grow some (optional) quests for people prefering or like RP, around the stories of these factions.
I insist also on the unicity of the the units of the minor factions, which is a very good idea IMO.
I believe that these factions could have a mean to convert regular recruits from any culture in recruits from their faction. With maybe the addition of support units for some factions (Thinking to the Embers of the flame : no shield, no armor - or make them overwhelming to compensate their weakness).

I believe that these factions could have a mean to convert regular recruits from any culture in recruits from their faction.
I've been hoping for a mod that would do this. Minor factions/mercenaries might as well have no lore or unique units and just have generic names like "mercenary company 1" Since they are all always hired by the same kingdom at once they end up with the same collection of random units from all cultures. The game would honestly be no different if there were no minor factions or mercenaries.

Back
Top Bottom