Button to organize troops is gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Bonicolai

Recruit
Summary:
Last time I played Bannerlord I could easily organize my troops into the different numbered groups. That meant I could train my army more efficient and in the style I like. Also when I needed to restock my army I could just get some recruits, organize them as the number "5", or what ever, and send them into battle alone.

I hope this is a just a bug that can be solved somehow and not an actual feature to remove the button..

How to Reproduce:
For me I just go into the party screen and try to find the organize troops button.

Have you used cheats and if so which:
nO
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidea Geforce RTX 2070 Super
GPU Driver Version: 516.19
CPU: i7-9700KF 3.60GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Intel SSD 1TB

I hope this is a just a bug that can be solved somehow and not an actual feature to remove the button..
Nope, that's gone. Working as intended. We got the battle formations in the field as a replacement. You can specialize groups into shield, shock, etc.

I had basically the same reaction as you and it's still tough to say goodbye to a certain level of control but it is a cool new system.

I had basically the same reaction as you and it's still tough to say goodbye to a certain level of control but it is a cool new system.
That doesn't prohibit them from adding those features back in to the new system. I had never played the game, and was surprised I could not select specific units to put into the current groups. Like really baffled at why they wouldn't let you do that. However, then I though that this game is still in development. It may be a feature they want to work on and add more "filters" to the current ones. I hope they do.

It does make sense imo that you either have an on the fly method like we do now or a rigid method like we used to have. Not both at the same time. While it was good for my OCD to have the first method I do think the new option is better for adjusting to developments on the battlefield.

Totally disagree. The sliders are not enough to cater for the different player interests, as they are clumsy and lacking differentiation. I would with delight go back to the pre-1.7 party screen system if possible, but as that will not happen, they should at least add a party screen option to the slider pre-battle feature/nonsense. The mod which did it is sadly not up to date for 1.8.0 but worked well in 1.7.1.

I love the new system, can do things with it I couldn't do before.

I wonder if a compromise can be programmed in? Like a selection in game options for which system you prefer.

Nope, that's gone. Working as intended. We got the battle formations in the field as a replacement. You can specialize groups into shield, shock, etc.
I'm curious to know how, for example, you make a group of either only Menavliatons, or Palace Guards or Line Breakers ?
I look to have been unable to make for example groups of shock infantry with their dedicated captain (Menavliaton, Voulgier, will want bonuses for swinging polearms, while sergeants, legionary, for thrusts...etc).

Personaly the new version is ok, these are the filters to distinguish troops that do not look relevant. In my opinion.

Maybe I should retry, maybe I did not pay attention to something.

I still need an answer to my question (first line of this post).

I still need an answer to my question
I don't think you can because those troops are similar so the slider options will lump them together. You could try sorting by armor (helmet) though, might be able to get the heaviest one out first, then the same for the second heaviest armored one, if the game can detect the differences.

I preferred original latin numbering system. I had total and absolute control over who is going to which group. I just stamped a number on their forhead and that was it 😁

Of the two options I think the current one is better, and it's readily apparent the two cannot co-exist, one is based on troop type, in the sense of a specific type like "Imperial Infantryman" whereas the other is based on a class like "heavy cavalry".

That being said, the new system would benefit from more granularity, especially the ability to "lock" certain troops types like polemen or light cavalry to specific formations. Overall, though, the current formation system works better with the current battle system. Mostly you're better off grouping all your infantry together in a mixed block, instead of having pikes and swords be separate - something that was mostly true historically, too.

By (not only) my opinion, creating some kind of OrderOfBattle is a good decision, but definitely not for the price of removing CustomGroups :/
OOB should support and cooperate with CGs but not replace them.
I wouldn't say if CGs weren't possible or too difficult to develop, but when they once were there, they should remain.
Do you think there is any real possibility that developers will give CustomGroups back? Otherwise it's a step backwards I think :/

Back
Top Bottom