Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry - I worded my post poorly. The 1000 yards refers to the distance the French had to charge. So the English probably started shooting at about the 200 yard mark and kept shooting the entire time.
No problem brother. My bad, I was pulling your leg a bit 😉 Im usually very sceptical about these eyewitness stories, especially if those are monks or other military "experts".

This only applies to new games or did you also change how fast a workshop will go bankrupt?
The AI will now consider only the town's and castle's bound villages when determining which workshops to open. It will likewise consider only the primary products of those villages. For instance, in the current version of the game, all villages produce a small amount of grain, even if the grain is not their primary product. So game mostly opens inefficient brewery workshops at the beginning of the campaign. We decided to consider only the primary products of villages instead of all their products while selecting workshops. With this change, we will improve the efficiency of workshops and reduce the number of bankruptcies.

If a town or castle is conquered by an enemy or a natural kingdom, the bound village will now choose a new allied town market to sell its goods. Also, we added extra info to all village and town tooltips to give trade-bound information of bound villages.

The workshop selection is something that occurs at the beginning of the game which means that existing games won't be affected. If a workshop goes bankrupt, however, the game will use the new algorithm to select the new workshop type. The trade-bound selection is dynamic and occurs during runtime so the ongoing saves will be affected by that.

Correct, we're still working on it.
As soon as the issue is fixed, I think that Taleworlds should push an update just for this bug ☝️😯

Many of my viewers got their campaign destroyed because of it.
My own camping also turned to unplayable.

On top of that, players can't go back to 1.7.2 to continue their campaign once they switch to 1.8.0. it makes the game crash.

Guys you need to seriously consider adding a more convinient way to smelt/craft multiple items! Now that enter bug is gone, it's back to multiple clicks per item craft. It's slow, it's tedious, it's bad on your hands, it's not fun...

Guys you need to seriously consider adding a more convinient way to smelt/craft multiple items! Now that enter bug is gone, it's back to multiple clicks per item craft. It's slow, it's tedious, it's bad on your hands, it's not fun...
Would a slider not be better? From 1 till max possible based on raw materials and stamina. Or a ctr + click like in the inventory menu.

Not sure about the current state haven’t checked smithing in a long time

The AI will now consider only the town's and castle's bound villages when determining which workshops to open. It will likewise consider only the primary products of those villages. For instance, in the current version of the game, all villages produce a small amount of grain, even if the grain is not their primary product. So game mostly opens inefficient brewery workshops at the beginning of the campaign. We decided to consider only the primary products of villages instead of all their products while selecting workshops. With this change, we will improve the efficiency of workshops and reduce the number of bankruptcies.

If a town or castle is conquered by an enemy or a natural kingdom, the bound village will now choose a new allied town market to sell its goods. Also, we added extra info to all village and town tooltips to give trade-bound information of bound villages.

The workshop selection is something that occurs at the beginning of the game which means that existing games won't be affected. If a workshop goes bankrupt, however, the game will use the new algorithm to select the new workshop type. The trade-bound selection is dynamic and occurs during runtime so the ongoing saves will be affected by that.
Great, thanks for the fast reply.

• Increased the overall Medicine experience gains.
  • The Doctor's oath perk now applies medicine experience to both party surgeons.
  • Scouting experience is now correctly gained on other rough terrains including the desert, dune and snow. If a very low amount of Scouting experience would be gained by traversing the terrain it is now no longer given.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented AI noble parties from leaving hero prisoners in settlements.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the main hero to be included in battle simulations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused companions that have been left in a settlement by the player to move to another settlement.
Very good fixes/changes, ty very much.

I dont think they will do it, as the tediousness can work as a partial "nerf" to using smithing as a completely broken moneymaker. If it's so annoying to craft multiple items, the player will be less likely to just sit there and craft javelins.

Until they figure out that they can just use an auto-clicker to bypass this inconvenience...

Previously, for example, healing T1 and T5 troops both gave 10 XP. Now, it scales with the tier of troops (T2 gives 20 XP, T3 gives 30 XP,...).
even I don't understand logic/reasoning behind, anything that helps speed up medicine xp is more then welcome 😄

Back
Top Bottom