Multiplayer campaign (Co-op)

Users who are viewing this thread

zACz

Recruit
Good afternoon to everyone who reads this.

Every friend of mine who has played at least a little or is familiar with this series of games would gladly buy the game if it had co-op.

Mount and Blade is a great game. It has something to do for many tens of hours.

And at the same time it is strange that at least the simplest version of the cooperative is not implemented in such a game.

I ask the developers to add the simplest version of the cooperative.

It is enough to make the opportunity to be a companion in the Host group.

Let everyone watch the action of the host on the map, in dialogues, in the market.

And in battles, in the city, in events (ambushes) they fight as companions.

It's all!

You don't need to do something very complicated - as many people have written that they want, so that in the campaign the players can split up and walk on their own ...

This is not necessary, please add the simplest co-op, where I could Conquer Calradia together with my friends!

Your game has incredible potential. The lion's share of your game is a well-developed single player game that cannot be played with friends.

Even with the simplest and most antediluvian co-op, there will be much more players.

An example is the game Northgard.
90% of my friends only bought it after they added the Conquest co-op mode.

And this despite the fact that initially only multiplayer between players was available in it. The Single Player Campaign appeared in it a little later and all efforts were dedicated to the multiplayer.

You have most of the players playing the campaign - co-op in any form is simply necessary for this game.

Check out bannerlord online.
As Alyss said, the "bannerlord online" mod is an mmorpg.

I ask you to add the simplest type of co-op, where my friends will play as companions and participate in battles with me.

This should increase the number of people playing the game. Yes, the most important thing for developers is that this can significantly increase the number of sales - now people can even buy a frankly bad indie game just because there is a cooperative there.

And here the game itself is directly created for this.

Taleworlds said that they tried to implement COOP at some point in the development but they abandoned it as it was not worth the effort.
But a team of modders are working on it, here is the link to their discord: https://discord.gg/PgwVHcfR9U
Taleworlds invent something complicated.

I do not understand why they did not implement it in the first part.

Those modders to which you just gave a link do just the same complex implementation of the cooperative - where each player runs separately.

I offer the simplest option - where everyone except the host watches his actions and participates in battles.

People will like it - for such an opportunity, people will be ready to buy this game.

Not everyone likes to fight in multiplayer against players - people want to fight together against the AI.

And they fight not with ordinary soldiers, but with heroes, led by their friend.

It lies on the surface - no need to complicate. Do the simplest.

If anyone knows where it is better to write to the developers - please write here.

Playing exclusively as companions would be boring as **** though, not worth the dev effort, just wait for mods
But why is it boring - they decided to play for the bandits - everyone chose a class for themselves - an archer, a swordsman, and so on.

They run and rob caravans, communicate, make decisions together in dialogues.

They will run in one squad with friends and fight against small squads relying only on their own strength.

It's fun to play alone, but suddenly boring with friends?
Elementary, I have a friend with whom I would like to complete the game (capture the whole of Calradia) and we are at war together.

The FACT itself - there is no cooperative at all in the game, although there is a huge demand for it, that even mods are now developing.

So why can't the developers themselves create it even in the simplest version ?!

This game must have co-op!

I think the problem with a co-op campaign is that the world map can actually be pretty resource intensive. It'd be unrealistic to think that the host can process everything at once so what's more likely to happen is that if someone is forced into battle or enters a town, all other players would teleport to that location just to save resources. I can see some players wanting to split up to do as many objectives as possible in a short time, though that wouldn't be doable if everyone gets teleported from place to place due to hostile parties or one player wants to go to a specific town or village.

I think the most that can be done for Mount&Blade co-op is something similar to Warband's Invasion mode.

And at the same time it is strange that at least the simplest version of the cooperative is not implemented in such a game.
Isn't it, though? For years it was the most common suggestion, going back to the original M&B in the mid-2000s, through Warband, and into Bannerlord. If I remember correctly, Armagan even said so in an interview two or three years ago. I think since Bannerlord's EA it has been replaced with "just fix the game" for recent suggestions but it's still gotta be the all-time winner.

Which means we've got tons of threads for it already, and the topic has been beaten to death and beyond. I won't lock your thread and tell you to go post in an existing one, since there isn't a terribly recent thread for it, but the devs are acutely aware of the demand for coop and have been for over a decade. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Playing exclusively as companions would be boring as **** though, not worth the dev effort, just wait for mods
doesn't, have to be. A lot of the game is battles anyway. While one player is controlling the campaign map you can discuss your next moves. Or the other player can lookup the encyclopedia or check other info.
It would be cool if you can switch control between players to keep things fresh.
A fun addition could be to choose to participate in the battle as a companion, or as part of the enemy party. Body sliding after dead is necessary to keep everyone engaged.

@zACz your suggestion looks like the most easy to implement Co-op system, anything more, like synchronized campaigns, seems unrealistic.

I agree, simply participating in battles as a captain would be enough for me. Remember Battle Time for Warband? That was awesome!

If tw has team to develop new things they should develop complete co-op. Each player should have their own army otherwise i think it is boring. I would like not to wait my captain to move around and wait him to join battle. Your only job becoming just fighting, pointless.

Isn't it, though? For years it was the most common suggestion, going back to the original M&B in the mid-2000s, through Warband, and into Bannerlord. If I remember correctly, Armagan even said so in an interview two or three years ago. I think since Bannerlord's EA it has been replaced with "just fix the game" for recent suggestions but it's still gotta be the all-time winner.

Which means we've got tons of threads for it already, and the topic has been beaten to death and beyond. I won't lock your thread and tell you to go post in an existing one, since there isn't a terribly recent thread for it, but the devs are acutely aware of the demand for coop and have been for over a decade. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Thank you for writing that the theme of the cooperative is the most common. I didn't know about it.

This confirms my words that there is a request from the community of players to the cooperative.

It turns out that the only question is how to implement it.

I am a supporter of the idea does not seek to immediately release the ideal co-op.

For starters, it's simple enough for the host's friends to be able to participate in battles.

This will already be enough to buy the game or advise friends to buy it.

And then modify as you wish. Introduce new features little by little. Perhaps even such an implementation is enough with the head - a more complex one is implemented through mods.

I agree that everyone would like a super cooperative with the ability to split into squads and run around the map separately. But as everyone says, it is difficult to implement and is it worth the effort.

нет, должно быть. В любом случае, большая часть игры — это сражения. Пока один игрок управляет картой кампании, вы можете обсудить свои дальнейшие действия. Или другой игрок может найти энциклопедию или проверить другую информацию.
Было бы здорово, если бы вы могли переключать управление между игроками, чтобы сохранять актуальность.
Забавным дополнением может быть выбор участия в битве в качестве компаньона или в составе вражеской группы. Скольжение тела после смерти необходимо, чтобы все были заняты.

@@zACz ваше предложение выглядит как самая простая в реализации кооперативная система, что-то большее, например синхронизированные кампании, кажется нереальным.
That's right, you understand me.
Familiar people will play in the co-op - friends with a connection through the messenger will play out their stories.

Everything that you say can be implemented later - the main thing is that the cooperative should start to exist in this game.

Согласен, мне было бы достаточно просто участвовать в боях в качестве капитана. Помните Battle Time для Warband? Это было потрясающе!
I even bought the first part just for the sake of trying to play with this mod, but unfortunately my friend could not see me on the Internet and could not play. Ended up getting a refund

If tw has team to develop new things they should develop complete co-op. Each player should have their own army otherwise i think it is boring. I would like not to wait my captain to move around and wait him to join battle. Your only job becoming just fighting, pointless.
I agree that it would be better to make the implementation that each player could have his own army.

But, let's first make a simple implementation, and then mods or the developers themselves will implement a more complex version of the cooperative.

After all, you see that the developers at the moment have not even made the simplest version of the cooperative.

Let's unite our efforts in what unites us - we all want cooperation. Let them implement it in any form - this should increase the number of sales online, because it will be possible to recommend to friends.

If the TW wanna be a rich, they have to make a Co-op for this game. It's a shame when the modders can do it while developers can't.

Co-op in Single player I think if it was possible time just flies all the time (slower than in slow mode)
That would be tough for players to plan stuff out and have time to prepare for threats that show up out of the blue, I'd think it would be best for the host and player to have control of pausing the game and resuming it, even if the other person pauses someone can unpause if they need to. This way you can speed up time or slow it down to how you want to play.

That would be tough for players to plan stuff out and have time to prepare for threats that show up out of the blue, I'd think it would be best for the host and player to have control of pausing the game and resuming it, even if the other person pauses someone can unpause if they need to. This way you can speed up time or slow it down to how you want to play.
Maybe 1 or 2 minutes for back to game? Automatic of course. I think this time is good for back to game. if someone is on the world map, they can be attacked easily (when, for example, looking through the inventory). Cities and castles must be besieged. Raided villages, etc

I mean, if you are playing co op with someone chances are it's a friend or someone you are talking to in voice chat, so you can plan out when to resume. I wouldn't automatically have the game resume.

Back
Top Bottom