Why can't i use bastard sword 1h without shield now?

Should you be able to use bastard sword one handed without a shield?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I like not dying from still being in a 1h stance after losing my shield, thanks. Pressing X to change stances doesn't work half the time and i have gotten killed a few times just cuz i was trying to change stances.
Talewords could fix something like when the shield gets broken, automatically player controls swords in 2h, but fot those who loved use the 1h bastard sword, (against polearms was more effective) we're entirely screwed, they could do something like this and everyone would be happy again.

i found out how to use the bastard sword with 1 hand without a shield:

you have to have another weapon and a shield,

you quickly drop both your other weapon and your shield, and pull out your bastard sword.

takes a couple of tries but if ur fast enough you will pull out your bastard sword 1 handed

you quickly drop both your other weapon and your shield, and pull out your bastard sword.

takes a couple of tries but if ur fast enough you will pull out your bastard sword 1 handed
Watch this get patch soon lol

Lol not exactly the smooth transition we want mid fight but it'll have to do. Thanks for putting in the research and sharing.

That’s literally a bug lmao, should’ve also mentioned that your character becomes much more slower when you get that bug.

Why can't i use bastard sword 1h without shield now?

i appreciate the bastard sword switching to 2h when you drop/break shield making it easier to use when you need it, but fighting against polearms its better to use the bastard sword with 1h for the range, and you can no longer use the bastard sword 1h when you press x (change weapon mode/couch)

please put it back into the game,

thank you

...yeah I actually agree with you on this one. I liked the versatility of being able to drop in and out of 1-2 hands during a fight.

On the other hand, I do support the playability approach TW went with here. I miss the functionality as you do but I think it was the right call for the game to take it out, it had a tendency to confuse more than it solved.z

@flashn00b 's right about the controls being the ultimate problem, Bannerlord does not remember player inputs that were not valid during an action. (Same problem with the weird weapon-switching delay that was put in a few updates ago).
Many games "store" an input like this and perform it when the character is able to (after completing the current state).
If we got that, I think we would all fully support putting the X-toggle back in for swords.

...yeah I actually agree with you on this one. I liked the versatility of being able to drop in and out of 1-2 hands during a fight.

On the other hand, I do support the playability approach TW went with here. I miss the functionality as you do but I think it was the right call for the game to take it out, it had a tendency to confuse more than it solved.z

@flashn00b 's right about the controls being the ultimate problem, Bannerlord does not remember player inputs that were not valid during an action. (Same problem with the weird weapon-switching delay that was put in a few updates ago).
Many games "store" an input like this and perform it when the character is able to (after completing the current state).
If we got that, I think we would all fully support putting the X-toggle back in for swords.
Taleworlds could fix this making the sword gets 2 handed automatically when your shield gets broken, but enable the possibility of switch to 1 handed for those who used it.

Maybe the TW master weapon smith designed the 1½-hand swords to be two-handed :grin:

You're not wrong, though I'm still salty about how they removed the Falx's bastard sword status.
Yeah I'm not sure I understand why so many bastard sword options were removed. There are plenty of good cases where a 2hander might want to pick up a shield to get cover from arrow fire and still use their prime weapon. Almost all spears are like this.

Yeah I'm not sure I understand why so many bastard sword options were removed. There are plenty of good cases where a 2hander might want to pick up a shield to get cover from arrow fire and still use their prime weapon. Almost all spears are like this.
I think the reason behind these changes is because before e1.6.1, the shock troops weren't all that much of an attractive pick when heavy infantry had more armor AND had a faster two-handed weapon than most shock troops, and yet the Sergeant got a new two-handed weapon to replace his old one while others don't get a replacement at all.

In the case of the Falx, I figured that the reason why they nerfed it is because it was better than the Rhomphalia in every way, though the current version of Bannerlord seems to show that it's impossible to balance the Rhomphalia around having only 2 points of armor. Honestly, I think they should make that thing the base weapon and make the Falx the perk weapon. I think being basically naked would be a fair downside to have for what was the best bastard sword in the game at the time they were still a thing.

Back
Top Bottom