Making babies need a rework

Users who are viewing this thread

I have just returned to the game after a year. After playing it for about 30 hours I uninstalled the game in frustration. All I wanted to do was conceiving an heir before proceeding with my gameplay but the event itself is so terribly boring and RNG based that it filled me with disgust towards the game.
I have spent huge amounts of time waiting in my town without doing nothing, trying to get a male heir. In the end I was so bored that I straight up alt+f4'ed and directly uninstalled the game.

Having babies should just happen on it's own while we're away playing the game or should be triggered with a weekly repeateble dialogue check with the spouse. I absolutely hate this current mechanic which makes you wait in the god damn town doing nothing for hours.

Also I got 4 children and all of them were female, where if they marry they leave the clan. Since my plan was to create a family based clan it went to gutter and my hours wasted for nothing. Either introduce matrilineal marriage so we keep our daughters in the clan or increase the chanve of having the opposite gender baby with each pregnancy to balance it out.

Save and reload to get usable male childs, it´s the only workaround if you don´t want to get ****ed by RNG. Or wait until TW fixes the problem that female childs are just useless (maybe someday a dev might actually play the game for more than 5 hours after starting a new campaign and will encounter all the stuff that just doesn´t work but only begins after midgame). So I guess save and reload until eternity it is! (Or until mods fixes it).

In my opinion there are only two options for an easy fix:

- Player female childs get treated as male childs (won´t leave your clan when married)
- The player can just choose if the newborn is male/female (I know it´s gamey, but what do like 95% of all players do right now? Save/reload until male, so practically the same but more tedious)

Getting married and getting a male child are the most two savescum reasons right now, change my mind!

Last edited:
I have just returned to the game after a year. After playing it for about 30 hours I uninstalled the game in frustration. All I wanted to do was conceiving an heir before proceeding with my gameplay but the event itself is so terribly boring and RNG based that it filled me with disgust towards the game.
I have spent huge amounts of time waiting in my town without doing nothing, trying to get a male heir. In the end I was so bored that I straight up alt+f4'ed and directly uninstalled the game.

Having babies should just happen on it's own while we're away playing the game or should be triggered with a weekly repeateble dialogue check with the spouse. I absolutely hate this current mechanic which makes you wait in the god damn town doing nothing for hours.

Also I got 4 children and all of them were female, where if they marry they leave the clan. Since my plan was to create a family based clan it went to gutter and my hours wasted for nothing. Either introduce matrilineal marriage so we keep our daughters in the clan or increase the chanve of having the opposite gender baby with each pregnancy to balance it out.
Save the game, before your wife gives birth and then reload the game, if the baby is female, the baby gender is decided at the birth and the game even decide if it is a twin birth.
And if you want someone in your clan to get pregnant wait 10 days and if no wife in your clan gets pregnant reload the game.

And yes, they absolutly have to add matrilineal marriage, because of their story with the southern empire and the heir Ira.
Fun Fact: She is in the story the heir, but she will never become the ruler of the southern empire.

They should change it though so no random %. Nobody like waiting to make baby. They should let us choose who leaves and stays in clan too, so male and female children won't matter.
That would be nice, chosing what Clan the person will marry off. It would be nice as well to something like: appoint heir apparent, not only for clans but kingdoms/empire as well. As with:

"This person is my selected and supported heir"

So, if the play choose a woman, being the heir she wouldn't leave the clan.. Unless the player changes the heir later on, so the girl could be marry into another clan

Same ludicrous proposition. Choosing who goes and stays while the every PC clan is just at your mercy and you get to absorb all their members is a terrible solution.

Males staying and females going is functional. Females deciding culture is functional.

It’s not broken. It’s your “main character bias” wanting the game to favor you at every turn versus living in a world at work.

Except the side that loses a clan member is generally getting the worse end of the deal. At best, they get clan relations and some dowry cash, but the player is much better at making more cash than the AI, so the money doesn't matter as much to them (edit: to the player I mean), and there are generally better ways to increase relation than losing a potential governor/party leader/captain/etc.

Last edited:
Same ludicrous proposition. Choosing who goes and stays while the every PC clan is just at your mercy and you get to absorb all their members is a terrible solution.

Males staying and females going is functional. Females deciding culture is functional.

It’s not broken. It’s your “main character bias” wanting the game to favor you at every turn versus living in a world at work.
Females deciding culture is not functional, because that favour the player only the AI will always get in trouble for it, because the clash of Fief and culture

These only work if they actually considered all the other aspects with the 'Male stay, female go' in the game world; which is very far removed from a 'living world at work'. There's next to no diplomacy in this game, no complicated features that make it even worthwhile (ie alliances, dowries, heirs, etc...) that it would've been like in medieval times with a daughter/marriages. So it's just a straight loss to the player with no reward whatsoever.

And restricting the culture/function with it is a shortsighted decision that (although I haven't played beyond one generation) will fall apart/devolve after 3 or so generations with how the culture mechanics work in game.

Choosing who goes and stays while the every PC clan is just at your mercy and you get to absorb all their members is a terrible solution.
If the game last long enough for any children to be 18, it's because the whole game is already at my mercy and chose to let the game lasts longer.
Like so many things in this game, only player CHOICE should matter. Do I the player want to give a member to another clan, either a vassal or just any suffering clan? Or do not care in this game state? Maybe 1 clan I care about and the others I don't. What if a clan only has female members left? Now I can only take members form them or donate a male to the likely old barren clan leader? The system is bad and player choice is better. It's always better.

It functions to make the game suck more.

>living in a world at work.
This doesn't exist in Bannerlord, not even 1 bit and it's not going to at this rate.
@Earth Dragon how many times have you finished the map in Bannerlord? So so many of your takes seem based on some non-existent imaginary version of the game. Have you actually rolled it over and seen it's underbelly?

Also I got 4 children and all of them were female

i had 5 female babies last run. totally ruined the campaign for me and quit the game for months.

If the game last long enough for any children to be 18, it's because the whole game is already at my mercy and chose to let the game lasts longer.
Like so many things in this game, only player CHOICE should matter. Do I the player want to give a member to another clan, either a vassal or just any suffering clan? Or do not care in this game state? Maybe 1 clan I care about and the others I don't. What if a clan only has female members left? Now I can only take members form them or donate a male to the likely old barren clan leader? The system is bad and player choice is better. It's always better.

It functions to make the game suck more.

>living in a world at work.
This doesn't exist in Bannerlord, not even 1 bit and it's not going to at this rate.
@Earth Dragon how many times have you finished the map in Bannerlord? So so many of your takes seem based on some non-existent imaginary version of the game. Have you actually rolled it over and seen it's underbelly?
+1

Back
Top Bottom