My issues with Bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

RozBritanicus

Sergeant
I got so many issues with bannerlord i don't play it like a calculator looking at numbers and crunching the best numbers for best overall power. For me the clan system is broken the family system is still broken . The personalities haven't been worked on and traits are pointless . The RGP element is completely an after thought and are lack-luster . We have states and perks and for me they work. But every lord and king have not personality on actions that say that is caladog thats what he dose. Conversations are broken , i am playing my son as my starting character died . The son went to his wife and she said " as this is the first time we have met could you introduce yourself. I hope they fix this because it completely spoils the immersion for me.

Hehe 😉
Like the lord you help and says « i’m forever in your debt « and one day you meet him for a battle and he won’t let you go, even at least one time 🙄😉

The honorable, gallant, helpfull, …, lords, supposed to be « good » and who attack innocents (villagers, village raiding, caravans), this has been to be fixed else traits are just a decorative feature … beyond all the conversations and anything related to personality.

Hehe 😉
Like the lord you help and says « i’m forever in your debt « and one day you meet him for a battle and he won’t let you go, even at least one time 🙄😉

The honorable, gallant, helpfull, …, lords, supposed to be « good » and who attack innocents (villagers, village raiding, caravans), this has been to be fixed else traits are just a decorative feature … beyond all the conversations and anything related to personality.
Wouldn't be good if the lord said hello i remember you i owe you a debt lets not fight today (him having the bigger army) .

Wouldn't be good if the lord said hello i remember you i owe you a debt lets not fight today (him having the bigger army) .
Yea but stuff like that he will fight you (because war) but if he wins he will let you and the prisoners he took from the battle go?

"I remember the battle you´ve saved me from a sure lose, as my favor I´ll let you and your troops go."

But I guess stuff like this is considered as "too complex" or "not fitting TheVisionTM", maybe both. Those details would make a game like Bannerlord feel alive.

Yea but stuff like that he will fight you (because war) but if he wins he will let you and the prisoners he took from the battle go?

"I remember the battle you´ve saved me from a sure lose, as my favor I´ll let you and your troops go."

But I guess stuff like this is considered as "too complex" or "not fitting TheVisionTM", maybe both. Those details would make a game like Bannerlord feel alive.
Agreed (y)

It fits in 1 paragraph? I could fill War and Peace, but I won't. But yeah, please fix it all so I don't get humiliated. I'll have to make a new steam ID so nobody knows I payed 4k+ hours of Bannerlord.

The son went to his wife and she said " as this is the first time we have met could you introduce yourself.
OOF! Bonus points if she already had his children.
Wasn't this a thing in WB? I could swear I remember running into lords at war being like "Bro I really don't want to fight you" and one of the options instead of surrendering was "Please instead of fighting consider our friendship" then they were like "yeah ok buzz off".

Ohh! Are we complaining about Bannerlord!!!?!?! Lemme get some of this action.

-The "main quest" is pointless. No rewards and barely provides the player a pat on the back for completing it, despite how difficult and time consuming it is. Warband had it right.
-Sieges are gross. The settlements have massive advantages, unless you own them, and you can't starve them out. Imagine my disgust when I brought an entire year's worth of food and found out that only the garrison will die from starvation. The enemy lords, however, seem to be able to hang out indefinitely with their armies intact.
-The ability to craft weapons is cool. However, to get the materials to do so you have to either spends tens of thousands of gold on weapons to dismantle them, or waste your skill upgrades to get the right 'perks' at the expense of being able to unlock parts. Even if you get the skill as high as it is possible to get it (somewhere in the 400's), there's still a chance you have some locked parts. And to top it off, you can't make armor.
-Limited customization with of clan emblem. Seriously, I've seen single dev games with better customization options.
-Limited options to gain land. Usually requires tons of cheese. It's cool that you get to choose the bannerlord though :p
-Criminal stuff is incomplete and useless. Becoming a bandit is a dead-end option. Fighting criminals in a city will increase your relations with notables (relations which will go up anyway) but decrease your relation with whoever you're attacking. Great for locking off recruits from yourself for no good reason.
-The only way to prevent robber-barons is to kill them, which can lead to rebellions because their relations with lords that have joined you/notable under your control do not deteriorate at all. Even if they perform actions which would normally cause relationship deterioration.
-Marrying people off has no point. Neither does marrying into a family. I usually marry Ira for ****s and giggles, but it has never awarded me any sort of advantage other than having her in my party. Even if Rhagaea dies the nobles vote for the next ruler, which likely won't be you or Ira.
-The skills and perks are broken. Leveling is so slow that by the time you have the skills to actually do something cool (without cheating or cheesing), your character is at risk of dying from old age. The only skill that allows a reasonable grind time is smithing.
And now for the meta things! :grin:
-The wiki is less helpful to learn about game mechanics than reddit threads. Hell, the actual wikipedia page might be more helpful.
-This game has been in development for ~12 years (EA began in 2020, 10 years after dev began) with more people developing it than Warband, and it doesn't even have as much content as Warband. To me it feels like every step forward the devs take, they take two steps backward trying to prevent 'snowballing'.
-They seriously charged 49.99 for this.
/rant

Seriously though, I like the game enough to care about stuff like this. It has a lot of potential, and I'm hoping it lives up to it.

Ohh! Are we complaining about Bannerlord!!!?!?! Lemme get some of this action.

-The "main quest" is pointless. No rewards and barely provides the player a pat on the back for completing it, despite how difficult and time consuming it is. Warband had it right.
-Sieges are gross. The settlements have massive advantages, unless you own them, and you can't starve them out. Imagine my disgust when I brought an entire year's worth of food and found out that only the garrison will die from starvation. The enemy lords, however, seem to be able to hang out indefinitely with their armies intact.
-The ability to craft weapons is cool. However, to get the materials to do so you have to either spends tens of thousands of gold on weapons to dismantle them, or waste your skill upgrades to get the right 'perks' at the expense of being able to unlock parts. Even if you get the skill as high as it is possible to get it (somewhere in the 400's), there's still a chance you have some locked parts. And to top it off, you can't make armor.
-Limited customization with of clan emblem. Seriously, I've seen single dev games with better customization options.
-Limited options to gain land. Usually requires tons of cheese. It's cool that you get to choose the bannerlord though :p
-Criminal stuff is incomplete and useless. Becoming a bandit is a dead-end option. Fighting criminals in a city will increase your relations with notables (relations which will go up anyway) but decrease your relation with whoever you're attacking. Great for locking off recruits from yourself for no good reason.
-The only way to prevent robber-barons is to kill them, which can lead to rebellions because their relations with lords that have joined you/notable under your control do not deteriorate at all. Even if they perform actions which would normally cause relationship deterioration.
-Marrying people off has no point. Neither does marrying into a family. I usually marry Ira for ****s and giggles, but it has never awarded me any sort of advantage other than having her in my party. Even if Rhagaea dies the nobles vote for the next ruler, which likely won't be you or Ira.
-The skills and perks are broken. Leveling is so slow that by the time you have the skills to actually do something cool (without cheating or cheesing), your character is at risk of dying from old age. The only skill that allows a reasonable grind time is smithing.
And now for the meta things! :grin:
-The wiki is less helpful to learn about game mechanics than reddit threads. Hell, the actual wikipedia page might be more helpful.
-This game has been in development for ~12 years (EA began in 2020, 10 years after dev began) with more people developing it than Warband, and it doesn't even have as much content as Warband. To me it feels like every step forward the devs take, they take two steps backward trying to prevent 'snowballing'.
-They seriously charged 49.99 for this.
/rant

Seriously though, I like the game enough to care about stuff like this. It has a lot of potential, and I'm hoping it lives up to it.
Good complaints.

Hahaa I always marry Ira too. My "recent" (over 6 months ago) playthroughs I always played legendary Aserai merchant Schmuli of Banu Shekel, marry Ira, build a trading empire, get the capstone Trade perk and buy a town before I even think of joining a faction or assembling the banner.

And this entire moronic playstyle is brought to you by the fact that it's so painful to level Trade as a noble that the only reasonable way to max it out is to spend half a dozen years in-game as a free actor doing nothing but trading. Also the only way to level Honor, let alone Mercy, is to do literally like a hundred quests. And Generosity requires giving your troops a 5-star-chef fine dining experience non-stop for like 10 years straight. I still have yet to ever level Valor because I play on realistic and that makes it effectively impossible (the counter for Valor points only STARTS when you're outnumbered 3-to-2 IIRC).

This is what happens when I try to treat some buggy inept looter-murder-simulator like an actual RPG.

This is what happens when I try to treat some buggy inept looter-murder-simulator like an actual RPG.
3a7.jpg

That's either gloriously hilarious or just plain bad. :iamamoron:
lol there's more than that . That's small % of the broken conversion in the game. It needs lots work. I am just running out of will power to keep up with this stuff. Through i want the game to be great thats why i try.

lol there's more than that . That's small % of the broken conversion in the game. It needs lots work. I am just running out of will power to keep up with this stuff. Through i want the game to be great thats why i try.
I stopped playing over 1.5 years ago because I was too frustrated because Taleworlds was ignoring feedback, wouldn't communicate and the base game was just not fun. I can only ram my head into a wall before I have to stop. If you can get things changed good on you but I honestly don't think Taleworlds give 2 f&#ks about the player base or even this game.

Back
Top Bottom