What is annoying in Bannerlord in july 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

Once they have no Cities of castles they should automatically look to another faction to join or have there chance of death in battle vastly increased. Or maybe once they put in a dungeon they stay there.
Yes the vasall clans, but the ruling clan (which in my case had 5-8 Lords or Ladys) stays and hires mercs and is harassing former faction land forever.
I was Battania and Lord of Omor and Balgard, between these two and Sibir, they always seem to hang out (Sturgia remnants), and they plunder my villages with 10-20 men. I didnt want to execute all because that ruins relations even in my faction.
So destroying faction + message like in good old warband should be there. I mean there is already a mod for that, but this is pretty basic stuff which should be there by default.

Really good? Mmmm I'd say parts of the tactical and siege battles are but mostly because I've not played any game that has nailed horseback fighting as well as Bannerlords. I have to emphasize parts because unit decisions could be significantly improved, such as unit cohesion and orders.

Units should want to stick together and higher tier units ought to have better cohesion. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen. Horse archers should also try their best to maintain distance as long as they have arrows. Unfortunately, this no longer happens. 1.0 was much better as I remember being impressed by how "smart" horse archers were. 1.8, you'll see horse archers shooting at point blank range.

Huge improvement is a stretch. There's been some improvement in some areas (and downgrades in other areas) but overall game play hasn't changed.

What new options do you have in 1.8 that you didn't in 1.0?
I'm noob with this game, I started late in may so I can't compare the points you're talking about.
What I know is that it's still an EA (beta) and I'm having a lot of fun playing this game BUT yeah many things are frustrating/irritating/unfair. This game makes me thinking about Crusader Kings that I like a lot too but here you can fight yourself the ennmies and I love it.

With this thread I try to help the community and devs to gather what must be improved.

And yeah, patrols should be included with per ex the garrison who go back at the town or castle when too much strong ennemies are coming.
Like orders forno only companion parties but fro every troops : you're the leader so everybody must obey (ok no smartphone but per ex a delay of few days depending the distance like the time that a guy needs to come to lords to bring the orders).

Also, what I dislike is the price of the equipment : 200 000 more just to have a 2 points more? This is not good.
Also the loot after a battle : you should can have the real equipment of your ennemies.

My mod list :
-Realistic Battle Combat
-Trus Relation
-True Item Values
-True Noble Opinion
-Trus Battle Loot
-True Quality Modifiers
-Trues Army cost
-Auto Resolve Rebalanced (for siege, but you already know it)

I have also Raise you Torch and Perfect Fire arrows because it's super well done and beautiful.
I left Raise you Banner for now because there is some inconvenience.

All rebels should be executed. Pretty standard.

- *Few executions*, Lords and Ladys should be able to execute other Lords and Ladys (Rebels dont count), but only under certain circumstances. I tried the execution mod and thats probably too much execution.
Once a lord/lady is captured executions could be put to a vote . like voting for war this could be a faction trial, so you best hope they like you and you have a good relationship. This way if executed the negative impact could be faction wide or maybe only on the characters that voted. Also we could get a cool cutscene of a trial public law driven execution. instead of the player having god mode. At the moment in my campaign there is no one in calradia executed more people than my character and the right people are still in great relations with me and my enemies just let me go when they beat me in battle. ( i had to the Empire had united and my faction was losing and now were not) .

Rebels don't count ? Duh!!!!

Yes the vasall clans, but the ruling clan (which in my case had 5-8 Lords or Ladys) stays and hires mercs and is harassing former faction land forever.
I was Battania and Lord of Omor and Balgard, between these two and Sibir, they always seem to hang out (Sturgia remnants), and they plunder my villages with 10-20 men. I didnt want to execute all because that ruins relations even in my faction.
So destroying faction + message like in good old warband should be there. I mean there is already a mod for that, but this is pretty basic stuff which should be there by default.
I am having same problem in my campaign with the Vlandians attacking my villages . They have nothing left but i don't want to execute them . But if it was done through trial the relationship loss could be minor. That's my thinking.

- *Children bug*, most if not all childrens are clones and this is still not fixed since years.
LKqWvY1.jpg

This is the one that makes it unplayable for me.
Yeah... erf.

I add something else that is SUPER annoying and frustrating too and from the same family : when you just fought for a castle or a city, the 3 candidates are everything but from the same faction than the city => so too often there's a rebellion and you lose it ; TW MUST change it, even if the guy is not the favorite there must be at least one guy from the same faction than the town, that's just logic.

* not knowing where people are or being able to send a messenger to them
* Clan members and companions take a stupidly long time to train skills
* If RNG makes you fail sneaking into a town, you don't get the chance to fight your way out like in Warband, the game just instantly throws you in the dungeon
* You can absolutely thrash an enemy in war, take all their fiefs, have all their lords prisoner, kill thousands of their troops, but they will still demand you pay them tribute, and despite having no income they will attack you forever with armies and mercenaries they don't have to pay for
* losing random high tier units in autoresolve who never would have died in the real battle
* My fief sitting at extremely low loyalty and thus construction projects stalled at "completion date: NEVER", despite me having the correct governor culture, completing quests for notables frequently and killing all bandits in the vicinity, having a good size garrison, and pumping thousands of Denars into construction
* Voting being worthless because lords usually all vote the same way and you can't change it even if you have a billion influence
* Vassals spamming votes that you already said no to, burning your ruler influence
* Having to set up an entire siege camp and do the whole siege battle because the 1 man garrison won't just surrender to your huge army
* Siege camps taking ages to set up even when you have like 200 engineering skill, and you have to do 100 sieges to win the game
* Grinding 900 renown to Clan Rank 4 when you get like 1-4 renown per battle won or quest done
* Having 100 relation with a lord barely makes them more likely to join you, and won't make them let you go free from a battle if you surrender
* Losing relation with 70 different nobles internationally when you kill 1 guy
* Buying the best suit of armour in the game but still dying in like 5 arrows
* Hearing the same 2 songs a hundred times in sieges, and the same 1 song a billion times in bandit hideouts, tournaments, and looter fights
in sum, management sucks along with late game.
as for armor, well, it has sucked from day one, read the new patch and thought: "that seems to solve no fking **** whatsoever"
They needed to take the design choices from WB mods like 1257ad, where armor has class categories, and if you wear full plate you're virtually a tank. As is the armor in this game looks like full plate but behaves as if they were made of cardboard paper for halloween costumes, you can literally get killed by spitting

Last edited:
-You're in the top 3 of the strongest factions an allies (friends too) who you gave towns and castles leave you to join a weak one : why??
Late game, top faction on the map and some fool family leaves your faction with 2 towns and 2 castles. In the middle of your controlled area. You even have relationship 100 with them, but they join up with a faction with no estates or income, not even their "home" faction, but just a random bankrupted faction. Makes 0 sense and kills my motivation for playing this game, because it keeps happening.

A few other things late game, that causes mental meltdowns for me:
- Wars, like it's okay to have a war now and then, but not all the time with 3+ factions. It just get annoying going from one battle to another over and over again.
- AI behavior is bad, like our faction have so much cash, influence and members, but still we only have max 5 braindead armies. We could make 20+, braindead armies but no, let's keep it fair for the other factions. It's war, not hide and seek. It's all in or nothing. AI should also take into account, that a larger, much larger faction, is proberly not the best opponent for a war.
- It seems like, when at war with a faction, and you crawl your way up the stream of endless armies and you finally reach the point (holding +50 captive enemy lords), where you can start dealing with their cities or castles, then either your faction king or their king declares peace. At war it takes two sides to make peace, not just one side saying, okay let's have peace. There is no consecquence for the AI and no negotiation, just peace because one side says so. Again makes 0 sense. Few days later, you do the same again with another faction and again with the faction you trashed earlier - repeat - repeat - repeat - repeat...

For the record, I dont chop off heads, but it's like the AI and game mechanics forces me to pick that option. Sadly, because that just not how Mount and Blade should be played (in my book). Really loved some of the game mechanics in Warband... Actually think I will install it again.

Late game, top faction on the map and some fool family leaves your faction with 2 towns and 2 castles. In the middle of your controlled area. You even have relationship 100 with them, but they join up with a faction with no estates or income, not even their "home" faction, but just a random bankrupted faction. Makes 0 sense and kills my motivation for playing this game, because it keeps happening.

A few other things late game, that causes mental meltdowns for me:
- Wars, like it's okay to have a war now and then, but not all the time with 3+ factions. It just get annoying going from one battle to another over and over again.
- AI behavior is bad, like our faction have so much cash, influence and members, but still we only have max 5 braindead armies. We could make 20+, braindead armies but no, let's keep it fair for the other factions. It's war, not hide and seek. It's all in or nothing. AI should also take into account, that a larger, much larger faction, is proberly not the best opponent for a war.
- It seems like, when at war with a faction, and you crawl your way up the stream of endless armies and you finally reach the point (holding +50 captive enemy lords), where you can start dealing with their cities or castles, then either your faction king or their king declares peace. At war it takes two sides to make peace, not just one side saying, okay let's have peace. There is no consecquence for the AI and no negotiation, just peace because one side says so. Again makes 0 sense. Few days later, you do the same again with another faction and again with the faction you trashed earlier - repeat - repeat - repeat - repeat...

For the record, I dont chop off heads, but it's like the AI and game mechanics forces me to pick that option. Sadly, because that just not how Mount and Blade should be played (in my book). Really loved some of the game mechanics in Warband... Actually think I will install it again.
This just happen to me in my campaign all 3 empire faction unit and attcked bittainia the faction i was in . 5 years in game war i was getting really board . I don't like to chop off heads because to AI doesn't seem to do it . IF i chopped of the kings head and his brothers i expect the next enemy enemy army from that faction is very likely to treat me in kind but no . They let you go ... crazy. I don't want executions removing but they need work. If you execute it should be murder or revenge but there should also be a faction justice system a vote for public execution . Just done the same as voting for laws or wars. All voter who said yes lowers relationship with victims clan and friends not the entire planet.

This just happen to me in my campaign all 3 empire faction unit and attcked bittainia the faction i was in . 5 years in game war i was getting really board . I don't like to chop off heads because to AI doesn't seem to do it . IF i chopped of the kings head and his brothers i expect the next enemy enemy army from that faction is very likely to treat me in kind but no . They let you go ... crazy. I don't want executions removing but they need work. If you execute it should be murder or revenge but there should also be a faction justice system a vote for public execution . Just done the same as voting for laws or wars. All voter who said yes lowers relationship with victims clan and friends not the entire planet.

Executions have been poorly executed. Heh.

You execute their enemy but YOUR friends hate you for it. Huh. And then you get deceitful instead of cruel. Like really? Liars are killers now?

Executions have been poorly executed. Heh.

You execute their enemy but YOUR friends hate you for it. Huh. And then you get deceitful instead of cruel. Like really? Liars are killers now?
Yes just about every one from all corners of the map as lower of negative relation to my character i did chop of 40 (i counted) empire nobles heads . But the let me live. My character died of old age and his son is not like must too. Really needs work.

Right now in 1.8.0 it's the Clan & Mercenary bugs with them just leaving you on a whim. There are also a lot of clipping issues in Empire and Aserai scenes where your friendly forces will get stuck on invisible ledges on staircases or stuck in the center gatehouse and get mauled.

Lack of diplomacy and general kingdom management. Still powerless as a Ruler to fight the whims of your braindead AI allies who will gladly start a new war while embroiled in two already. Add to the fact there is not much you can do from a strategy perspective, and while AI Army decision-making has improved, they seem to overcommit now and overextend themselves in a 2-front war. Lack of NAPs/Alliances or other forms of negotiating for peace makes it that all of mid-late game is spent in 3 wars and hunting merc parties hired by landless assholes.

Nothing to do with Minor Factions and they die out - which is good and bad...

Trade economy took a **** with the pricing rebalances as did workshops it seems

Companion/Spouse/Children skills are still all over the map and your kids/siblings/companions suffer the worst from it. The respec is nice but for end-game I would like better ways or even a static "go train" option in dialogue to meaningfully raise skills without cheesing Raider/Merc parties

Still unable to send messages though we can receive them. The ones we do receive we cannot answer remotely and have to hunt-by-encyclopedia

Still no bow/crossbow crafting. Feels bad man.

There are also a lot of clipping issues in Empire and Aserai scenes where your friendly forces will get stuck on invisible ledges on staircases or stuck in the center gatehouse and get mauled
I don't get how this isn't mentioned more or acknowledged at all. Entire groups get stuck on staircases inside towers and elsewhere. It's a huge problem on siege maps and has been since early access began.

these types of rant instead something useful for devs

if you dont like the game, ****ing leave and don't waste time or energy..or as some stupid user here says " genuinely really at the game", god's sake.

Wait for the final if you don't like try mod, if then don't like try sell on steam if you can't refund or trade.

* not knowing where people are or being able to send a messenger to them
* Clan members and companions take a stupidly long time to train skills
* If RNG makes you fail sneaking into a town, you don't get the chance to fight your way out like in Warband, the game just instantly throws you in the dungeon
* You can absolutely thrash an enemy in war, take all their fiefs, have all their lords prisoner, kill thousands of their troops, but they will still demand you pay them tribute, and despite having no income they will attack you forever with armies and mercenaries they don't have to pay for
* losing random high tier units in autoresolve who never would have died in the real battle
* My fief sitting at extremely low loyalty and thus construction projects stalled at "completion date: NEVER", despite me having the correct governor culture, completing quests for notables frequently and killing all bandits in the vicinity, having a good size garrison, and pumping thousands of Denars into construction
* Voting being worthless because lords usually all vote the same way and you can't change it even if you have a billion influence
* Vassals spamming votes that you already said no to, burning your ruler influence
* Having to set up an entire siege camp and do the whole siege battle because the 1 man garrison won't just surrender to your huge army
* Siege camps taking ages to set up even when you have like 200 engineering skill, and you have to do 100 sieges to win the game
* Grinding 900 renown to Clan Rank 4 when you get like 1-4 renown per battle won or quest done
* Having 100 relation with a lord barely makes them more likely to join you, and won't make them let you go free from a battle if you surrender
* Losing relation with 70 different nobles internationally when you kill 1 guy
* Buying the best suit of armour in the game but still dying in like 5 arrows
* Hearing the same 2 songs a hundred times in sieges, and the same 1 song a billion times in bandit hideouts, tournaments, and looter fights
+1. Great list.

Right now in 1.8.0 it's the Clan & Mercenary bugs with them just leaving you on a whim. There are also a lot of clipping issues in Empire and Aserai scenes where your friendly forces will get stuck on invisible ledges on staircases or stuck in the center gatehouse and get mauled.

Lack of diplomacy and general kingdom management. Still powerless as a Ruler to fight the whims of your braindead AI allies who will gladly start a new war while embroiled in two already. Add to the fact there is not much you can do from a strategy perspective, and while AI Army decision-making has improved, they seem to overcommit now and overextend themselves in a 2-front war. Lack of NAPs/Alliances or other forms of negotiating for peace makes it that all of mid-late game is spent in 3 wars and hunting merc parties hired by landless assholes.

Nothing to do with Minor Factions and they die out - which is good and bad...

Trade economy took a **** with the pricing rebalances as did workshops it seems

Companion/Spouse/Children skills are still all over the map and your kids/siblings/companions suffer the worst from it. The respec is nice but for end-game I would like better ways or even a static "go train" option in dialogue to meaningfully raise skills without cheesing Raider/Merc parties

Still unable to send messages though we can receive them. The ones we do receive we cannot answer remotely and have to hunt-by-encyclopedia

Still no bow/crossbow crafting. Feels bad man.

Mercs should sign on for a finite period of time like 60 days or 90 days and current employer has right of renewal.

Unfortunately, because of poor decision making on TW's part, mercs are now filler armies. They're there to prop up the losers.

Braindead strategic AI.
Braindead tactic AI
Broken defensive sieges
Awful companion templates and leveling
I rework all heroes with CharacterManager when I start a game ! Crazy, not sure it is efficient, and extremely long.
Why do battanians have crossbow skills and why do vlandians have more bow skill than crossbow skills…they need me as design / lore / skills director lol

Back
Top Bottom