We're at the end of Q2 2022. Do you think we are going to have a "Futur Plans V2" ? ?

Users who are viewing this thread

1st they must solve the stability problems, these damn D3D shader, texture,.... crashes make me crazy.
With my rog6800XT, 5800X3D and 32Go RAM I can't play the game and only this game with high graphic settings 1400p -> wtf is wrong with this stuff??

How do other Early Access titles usually transition to full release? Do they normally just drop a patch and call it the "official release", or do they hold back a bunch of content so the the official release drops with a big splash and lots of new goodies? How do you get players excited about a game that's been available for years? (and yes, I admit that I'm still irrationally holding onto the deluded notion that TW is holding onto some big surprises for the official launch, as unlikely as that is.)

How do other Early Access titles usually transition to full release? Do they normally just drop a patch and call it the "official release", or do they hold back a bunch of content so the the official release drops with a big splash and lots of new goodies?
I had an other game in EA and they just released the game with a big patch, without any surprise because all the content was already confirmed and made avialable on the test server...
How do you get players excited about a game that's been available for years? (and yes, I admit that I'm still irrationally holding onto the deluded notion that TW is holding onto some big surprises for the official launch, as unlikely as that is.)
I think the exact same way than you... 🤫

I had an other game in EA and they just released the game with a big patch, without any surprise because all the content was already confirmed and made avialable on the test server...

I think the exact same way than you... 🤫
Seems like a good way to gimp your launch, if you ask me. Its like a musician dropping a new album but all the songs were already releases as singles.

How do other Early Access titles usually transition to full release? Do they normally just drop a patch and call it the "official release", or do they hold back a bunch of content so the the official release drops with a big splash and lots of new goodies? How do you get players excited about a game that's been available for years? (and yes, I admit that I'm still irrationally holding onto the deluded notion that TW is holding onto some big surprises for the official launch, as unlikely as that is.)
This is no usual EA title. TW will one week before release officialy say it and release a broken update and call it 1.0.

Steam gives EA titles a second "look" for their official release and that puts the title in front of a lot more eyeballs than usual. It isn't about attracting the old players though, since they already paid for the game.

The last EA project I saw transition just dropped the 1.0 patch with a bit of content and broken saves.

Just add moonlight to night time battles so I can see the ****ing game. Also, the game keeps crashing, even when I know it's not the mods causing it. Also, I haven't entered a town/village since the game released.

Rain? Which would cause cavalry to move slower on the battle field, as well as campaign map? Sorry off topic, but these are simple quirks to add which would make the game feel more considered. It's just a ****ty reskin of warband and I feel duped as **** for buying into the game from their devlogs.

Just add moonlight to night time battles so I can see the ****ing game. Also, the game keeps crashing, even when I know it's not the mods causing it. Also, I haven't entered a town/village since the game released.

Rain? Which would cause cavalry to move slower on the battle field, as well as campaign map? Sorry off topic, but these are simple quirks to add which would make the game feel more considered. It's just a ****ty reskin of warband and I feel duped as **** for buying into the game from their devlogs.
The funny thing is, rain is coded in the game. It's just apparently bugged so that it never occurs.

It's going to need a few major patches - I'd say 2023 or even 2024 is a more realistic target at this point.

Unless the plan is to release the game without all features and add them in later on.

So like a full release that´s really just the next EA version of the game? Have you already got a job offer from TW for this brilliant idea? :iamamoron:

The main issue is if there will be free updates or if this will be funded in the form of DLC.

There are already plans they've discussed for DLC - is that going to be additional features on top of a completed game?

Back
Top Bottom