In Progress [1.8.0.] Vassals randomly leaving kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Its been 3 week3 can we get an update, this is game breaking and delaying true testing on the late game for the beta branch

Noticed I had this problem in a 1.8.0 game in which I was with Southern Empire. I was getting upset because the same lord was getting all the castles and towns I was taking. Then we got into a war with the Aserai and almost immediately he defected to them with his holdings. His native culture wasn't Aserai and because he was getting all sorts of land there was no reason he should have wanted to defect. (Yes, I took it all back from him).

Actually seen a few "Vagabond" lords now.

This guy have now come back to us for the 3rd time.. and each time it only goes a short time and he will join another faction.

Since he is new to the kingdome each time he get atleast 1-2 fiefs before he leaves, bit annoying to put it that way.

While I wouldnt rank it as "gamebreaking" - again my opinion may differ from yours - this is ultra-frustrating though.

Like if a lord had done this in rl I be he'd get a shave by the neck by an axe ehem.

Actually seen a few "Vagabond" lords now.

This guy have now come back to us for the 3rd time.. and each time it only goes a short time and he will join another faction.

Since he is new to the kingdome each time he get atleast 1-2 fiefs before he leaves, bit annoying to put it that way.

While I wouldnt rank it as "gamebreaking" - again my opinion may differ from yours - this is ultra-frustrating though.

Like if a lord had done this in rl I be he'd get a shave by the neck by an axe ehem.
Yes, they should add a timer for new clan to be able to get fiefs.
So newly recruited clans can not get fiefs for short or long time period and yes, clans should value their fiefs and the security to keep their fiefs.

And clans that have defected from their old faction, should be able to be executed at least for 1 in-game year, without honor or relation penalties.

Yeah, just happened in this game. Clan joined while we were doing the Nertzes quest part where Aserai, Battanians, & Vlandians are in unending war with us. Took care of Aserai, then clan joined us just before I started on Battanian area. Took Uthelheim Castle, it was awarded to them. Then took Seonon, it was awarded to them. Less than a day later he defects to Vlandians. In real life, why would any lord defect if within a week and a half he has already been awarded a Town and Castle he had no part in taking.

For the record, since the Neretzes thing started, I've lead the army that took all 5 towns and 5 castles the Aserai lost before they offered peace. So far I've taken back a castle we had lost and the castle & town noted above. So I've led the army that took 6 towns, 6 castles, reclaimed another castle, and defeated at least a 1/2 dozen other armies in the field. I've been awarded none of the holdings we took and in addition to the 2 holdings lost above, so far 1 of the Aserai towns I took has rebelled. Additionally, 2 other towns previously taken by armies I led & which were not awarded to me have rebelled. About the only thing the rest of the Southern Empire does is occasionally take back a holding that was lost and mostly retake rebelled towns so they can rebel again a little bit later.

Yeah, this is one of the better games I've had. Have gotten some real good items from tournaments and occasional drops & my family & companions are well outfitted. I think the only battle I've lost was 1 hideout (although I tried to retreat in another one, had to auto-fight it with me injured, and managed to win it). But the above scenario combined with the fact that I've pretty much led the armies that took the territories that pretty much doubled the size of our kingdom, but have only been awarded 2 towns and 2 castles, none of which are my native culture, is very frustrating. Keeping what I've been given with the -3 culture penalty, while having to make sure we don't lose everything I've gained for us has been very frustrating. Its too bad none of the Taleworlds Devs play the game. They might understand better why its frustrating.

Yeah, in my current game there's been 3 or 4 instances where a clan, a lot of times one of the former rebellion clans, joined our kingdom for maybe a season. Was top vote getter and given 3 or 4 holdings, then defected to someone we were at war with. Meanwhile I have a town in trouble because I have no time from fighting wars to go do little meaningless stuff, so it rebels and I lose it. Then when its taken back I'm not awarded it. My net result for probably the last 30 or 40 holdings I've led armies to take is that I'm down one town. The stuff is given to lords that defect or lords without the right culture so they rebel.

Its getting to the point where its useless playing this game. There isn't little hope, there's no hope of winning it. 2nd time tonight a nothing clan has left our kingdom after taking all the holdings I won. In the last case, I'm watching as the Leosis clan is awarded 5 straight holdings. After the 1st 4 I'm thinking this clan is leaving us soon. Shortly after the 5th they left our kingdom. Not only do clans grab a whole bunch of holdings, then leave, but they are clans that didn't even exist when the game started. They aren't the traditional clans. But for some reason, whenever there is a vote to award a newly taken castle or town, the newest clan is awarded it. Then after they get a bunch they leave with their holdings. There's no point in playing the game because you can't make any progress. You start to make progress, then the last 4 or 5 holdings you took leave with a nothing clan.

How does Taleworlds justify that 75% of the lords in a kingdom are going to vote to give clans that have 5 lords, that are the most recent clans to join the kingdom, 5 straight towns/castles? Meanwhile, the lord who has taken more castles and towns than actually exist on the map can't even be given the town he used to hold, that rebelled because he was off fighting endless wars with 3 to 4 kingdoms at once, and who has a useless governor who can't keep villagers from rebelling because he can't resolve family feuds and such with 450 or so trained militia and garrison troops. How does Taleworlds justify this drivel? I want to like this game. I really enjoy it up to the point where I have 2 or 3 holdingss. Then its an absolute mess.

My current game I took the Neretzes quest and joined the Northern Empire. I did this because the last time I played, when you destroyed one of the empire kingdoms they would disappear. Now they don't disappear. I've wiped out the Southern Empire and the Western Empire. They have no holdings and shouldn't exist. With the Southern Empire I forced about a dozen votes to finally get peace with them. So what happens? About 3 or 4 days ago they declared war on us. Since then I've seen about 9 or 10 notices they are raiding villages. All but one of them are my villages. Why are they targeting me? They have no holdings, so its not like I border their territory or anything. Just the stupid game trying to get another of my towns to rebel because I can't spend the time going to defend it or do petty tasks when we are at war with 3 other REAL empires. Taleworlds can't be bothered to fix routine stuff and wants you to spend tons of time documenting problems and sending saves, even if its something that can obviously and easily be recreated in 5 minutes with the 100s of save files they already have on file.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm tired of this crap and walking away again for a while. I paid to play a game with a lot of promise that I expected to be a fun, smooth running game within a few months of buying it. 2 years later some things have improved, but just as much has gotten worse. Goodbye.

Last edited:
Same here, I lost two vassals during war. I just gave them newly conguered city/castle. Several minutes later they joined my enemy in war. First traitor received 5th city/castle. Second one received 4th city/castle. I am worried to give a lot of castles to my vassals.

Last edited:
I just made an account to come and say I have the same issue, related to others as well. For me it is the minor faction clans (Eleftheroi in particular, but also Ghilman, Golden Boar, Lake Rats, etc.) that are getting 100% support to take all new fiefs over main clans with matching culture who have fewer fiefs. Then Eleftheroi will randomly defect despite 100 relation and Rich wealth taking all their fiefs with them. I've even paid them to come back and they did the same thing again!

Bump, as it just happened to me too.

I have just had a clan leave my kingdom with 4 members all at 99 relation. They went and joined the Aserai, who currently have zero castles and zero towns, on account of...diplomatic relations we've had.

I'm trying to actually eliminate the Aserai, I manage to persuade their clan members to join me, they're at 99 relation, and a week later they defect to the Aserai again despite that kingdom having no settlements at all. How the hell are we supposed to win this game when we can't destroy a kingdom at all and clans pull this kinda crap?

Back
Top Bottom