Suggestion: Cosmetics unlock based on current match score

Users who are viewing this thread

Alkix

Regular
I expect this to be controversial, but I think the game would benefit from the better scored players being more decorated in a given match. Why? It helps allies stick with strong players and helps people identify who the biggest threats are on the other team.

One way to do this would be to activate selected cosmetics based on the scores of the player.

Additionally, it would be awesome (but probably a lot of work) to do high score (top x% ?) variations for gear.
I know this seems a bit extra, but imagine that you see someone and can make a visual determination of the skill of the player. That is really helpful. Plus, it'd probably feel really rewarding to get the extra bling in a match, even if it's temporary.

I mean it already does though
Reread it, sorry but I don't think you got what he means :p

OP, it seems like a cool idea but with how much TW neglects MP I doubt any suggestion like this will be taken seriously(this would only work in some of their mp modes too: tdm/siege/battle, while in skirmish and captain I can't see it done nicely) as it would take them too much manpower to implement it. We got armory char customization, either they would have to disband it and start from scratch or only make you wear what you bought from armory when you get x ammount of kills.
TW got 'suggestions' subforum, where this should be posted, althrough.. they don't implement anything from it. Like they said: 'We GoT OuR oWn ViSiOn Of ThE gAmE' and our rambling doesn't change anything even if their vision simply doesn't work. Suggestion subforum is there for the sake of being there. MP got some serious problems right now and after a month+ they didn't fix them. Some might be hard to fix, some surely ain't(like ranks being wrongly given in their new competitive ladder). I personally like you idea but we are in TW world.. I don't think any of cool ideas will get implemented :sad:

Last edited:
Why? In time most of bad players will have skins for each faction. You won't be able to tell who's random ****ter or good player. In tdm would be nice to know who's actually good?

Why? In time most of bad players will have skins for each faction. You won't be able to tell who's random ****ter or good player. In tdm would be nice to know who's actually good?
Do you know how people used to figure out who was good player back in Warband & With fire and Sword?

... It was by a very simple method called watching the guy play, if you saw a guy that would always be top score with a very good K/D...and he kept on being over and over, for several matches you might come to the conclusion that he was a good player.
(Also most people that were actually good would go naked)

No need for skins to tell someone is good, You just have to see him fight to know.

Also what's the point of skins when MP is dead because of the last patch? 🤡

Do you know how people used to figure out who was good player back in Warband & With fire and Sword?
You're missing the aspect of recognizing the skill of your own teammates, and the psychological effect of people sticking with their champions in large formats like TDM or Battle, where there are huge skill gaps in players.
I understand that you can watch a player and determine if they are good or not, that's not the point. It's helpful to know before you start fighting, and frankly, recognizing people and remembering how good they are when there are 40 people on the server is difficult.

Reread it, sorry but I don't think you got what he means :p

OP, it seems like a cool idea but with how much TW neglects MP I doubt any suggestion like this will be taken seriously(this would only work in some of their mp modes too: tdm/siege/battle, while in skirmish and captain I can't see it done nicely) as it would take them too much manpower to implement it. We got armory char customization, either they would have to disband it and start from scratch or only make you wear what you bought from armory when you get x ammount of kills.
TW got 'suggestions' subforum, where this should be posted, althrough.. they don't implement anything from it. Like they said: 'We GoT OuR oWn ViSiOn Of ThE gAmE' and our rambling doesn't change anything even if their vision simply doesn't work. Suggestion subforum is there for the sake of being there. MP got some serious problems right now and after a month+ they didn't fix them. Some might be hard to fix, some surely ain't(like ranks being wrongly given in their new competitive ladder). I personally like you idea but we are in TW world.. I don't think any of cool ideas will get implemented :sad:
Bro it literally works like that, you earn more money for cosmetics after winning a lot. "Pro" players already have the most expensive looking gear, and even without that system you can press tab and see who has better score, and just follow them? The alt button let's you see your mates' names. Also why it looks like you created an alt account to defend your own post lmfao

You're missing the aspect of recognizing the skill of your own teammates, and the psychological effect of people sticking with their champions in large formats like TDM or Battle, where there are huge skill gaps in players.
I understand that you can watch a player and determine if they are good or not, that's not the point. It's helpful to know before you start fighting, and frankly, recognizing people and remembering how good they are when there are 40 people on the server is difficult.
Press ALT to see your team mates names , you Don't need golden armour to say I'm here lol.

Cringe suggestion
Why do you want to follow a high score player? Even if you want to, just press alt to see his name and follow him around. You don't need skins for that.
All this would do is add more lags/stutters and make the game more unplayable.

Cringe suggestion
Why do you want to follow a high score player? Even if you want to, just press alt to see his name and follow him around. You don't need skins for that.
All this would do is add more lags/stutters and make the game more unplayable.

Have you played battle? It's pretty often that the team will split and be disorganized even when they want to stay together because nobody knows who they should follow. A visual representation of a strong/capable player would encourage newer/less skilled players to stick with a champion and increase their odds of survival.

Why have extra steps to press tab, read a name, then attempt to find the name in 15 overlapping names of the people in front of you.
There's a reason that officers are decorated, distinguished, and things like flags existed on battlefields. Players don't have to follow the other best players, but in modes like battle, it's helpful to keep people together.

As for your concern about more stuttering, this would help, as only the high performing players would have the special cosmetics, which may be the top 3, maybe 5 from each team?

Have you played battle? It's pretty often that the team will split and be disorganized even when they want to stay together because nobody knows who they should follow. A visual representation of a strong/capable player would encourage newer/less skilled players to stick with a champion and increase their odds of survival.

Why have extra steps to press tab, read a name, then attempt to find the name in 15 overlapping names of the people in front of you.
There's a reason that officers are decorated, distinguished, and things like flags existed on battlefields. Players don't have to follow the other best players, but in modes like battle, it's helpful to keep people together.

As for your concern about more stuttering, this would help, as only the high performing players would have the special cosmetics, which may be the top 3, maybe 5 from each team?
You can't really expect players to be organized in public servers, that's what events are for. The only thing that would help them be more organized is a vc. What if the top players are playing cavalry? How are you going to follow them? New players can just stick with each other and fight together instead of following someone. This might be a good idea for private events but not for public servers.

Awarding even top 5 players skins every game is most likely going to cause stutters on the servers since TW's servers are so ****.

Assume for a moment you were hosting a line battle event, and you wanted you regiment to follow a captain, don't you think that you would have that player(the captain) be the only player with the custom cosmetics so that everyone else in the regiment would be able to easily visually follow them?

By the way, I'm not disagreeing with the state of the servers and the effect that cosmetics may have, but I think TW is going with cosmetics so I'm spitballing around that.

Assume for a moment you were hosting a line battle event, and you wanted you regiment to follow a captain, don't you think that you would have that player(the captain) be the only player with the custom cosmetics so that everyone else in the regiment would be able to easily visually follow them?

By the way, I'm not disagreeing with the state of the servers and the effect that cosmetics may have, but I think TW is going with cosmetics so I'm spitballing around that.
I think it would be the same as following someone based on their name. Since it's an event, the players must follow their captain and it's already so easy to find someone by pressing alt. Adding this as a feature is useless imo.

I think it would be the same as following someone based on their name. Since it's an event, the players must follow their captain and it's already so easy to find someone by pressing alt. Adding this as a feature is useless imo.
Sorry, I don't believe you. I think if you were in an event and were given two options, one where you had to hold alt and sift through 20 on screen names and the other where you literally only had to find the guy with the different helmet, you would say that the helmet was easier and more intuitive and a better experience than sorting through text and menus. I cannot believe that you would prefer the text.

Sorry, I don't believe you. I think if you were in an event and were given two options, one where you had to hold alt and sift through 20 on screen names and the other where you literally only had to find the guy with the different helmet, you would say that the helmet was easier and more intuitive and a better experience than sorting through text and menus. I cannot believe that you would prefer the text.
But that's for an event lol. What's the purpose of having this feature on public servers? You can probably already do that if you're hosting an event in a dedicated server but TW adding it as a feature is useless.

But that's for an event lol. What's the purpose of having this feature on public servers? You can probably already do that if you're hosting an event in a dedicated server but TW adding it as a feature is useless.
If it's cool and fun enough to bother organizing a bunch of people to do a thing, then it might be worth giving players the things they need to make it happen in public battle matches, and a strong player with the "follow this guy" helmet can say "Follow me to B" and people will do it, and it will be more awesome than people running around like idiots. (At least in battle/ siege, maybe it could help TDM)
It's already cool enough when you get the heavy inf in a battle match to make a shield wall, it would be nice to make that easier and more frequent.

You can tell a good player just by the way they move, you don't need some dorky skins or cosmetics in order to identify them lol

I expect this to be controversial, but I think the game would benefit from the better scored players being more decorated in a given match. Why? It helps allies stick with strong players and helps people identify who the biggest threats are on the other team.

One way to do this would be to activate selected cosmetics based on the scores of the player.

Additionally, it would be awesome (but probably a lot of work) to do high score (top x% ?) variations for gear.
I know this seems a bit extra, but imagine that you see someone and can make a visual determination of the skill of the player. That is really helpful. Plus, it'd probably feel really rewarding to get the extra bling in a match, even if it's temporary.
As Hans indicated, a player with high skill and high awareness will instantly identify a noob and get rid of him as soon as possible to avoid getting ganged 3v1. No need for super armor and whatever your suggestion entails.

P.S. doesn't help if you're a noob because you will fail to identify the pro from the noob in all likeliness

Back
Top Bottom