Kingdoms do not disintegrate quickly causing bizarre effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone, I'm back to the game after a long time without touching it, now with beta 1.8 to test the new and promising changes. One of them was that supposedly kingdoms are now really disintegrating.

In my current game, the Western Empire fell apart. The clans began to migrate to other kingdoms. But Garios still remained, hiring mercenaries and bothering the rest of the kingdoms, so far normal.

The bizarre thing was two events that occurred in the game, which I think were driven by the AI's intention to balance the game.

The first was that rebels from Varcheg decided to ally with the western empire, only to lose the city to my kingdom immediately since the empire was at war with us. It was not a very brilliant thing to seek alliance with the weakest kingdom and also not even with their own culture

The second and more bizarre was that the Corenios clan, a former empire, decided to leave Vladia to return to the western empire, taking Zeonica with them, the empire being at war with my kingdom and Vladia at the same time. I take the city with ease. After that, Corenios decided to return to Vladia, soon after the Clan dey Folcun, a clan from Vladia, decided to leave Vladia to join the Western Empire, taking with them a city and 5 castles! To my bad luck Aserai declared war on us, forcing us to make peace with the western empire, so in this free property piñata we only got one castle and the rest certainly Vladia will conquer one by one.

I'm assuming this was caused by the AI trying to stabilize the strength of the Realms, which isn't necessarily bad. But you must do it smartly, just trying to stabilize with the kingdoms that are still in the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if when Vladia manages to recover the properties again and a new clan enters Vladia, another one will make this stupid decision.

And of course, the Vanquished Kingdoms mechanic needs to be much more energetic than it is today. Because right now I don't see how the western empire is going to disintegrate in my game and it is currently helping to give free property to anyone who is at war with it.

@Sir Frederic so right now the only way for a kingdom to be disintegrated is by everyone dying in the last clan, which can unfortunately take decades as most king clans have 6+ members from the start.

The defection issue you are experiencing is a known issue that is impacting everyone, they are working on a fix.

Can you send us a save regarding this defection?
Actually we would love to have saves regarding this defection situation. As it currently stands I believe it is unintended.
Thank you for your feedback!
Shogun if you need any more saves this seems like a good one.

@Sir Frederic so right now the only way for a kingdom to be disintegrated is by everyone dying in the last clan, which can unfortunately take decades as most king clans have 6+ members from the start.

The defection issue you are experiencing is a known issue that is impacting everyone, they are working on a fix.

Shogun if you need any more saves this seems like a good one.
I really dislike the idea that a kingdom is only destroyed if the last ppl in there dies off. That's so annoying.
@SadShogun @Dejan
Can't you guys bring this up internally? I mean a King with no land is just an exiled lord and if he has no lands, why would he carry the the name of a nation? Unless you guys intend do something with it like claimant, quest to restore the kingdom, etc...

After they lose their last settlement they should just have a year (or some period of time) to capture territory, if they fail the kingdom should be destroyed no matter how many clans are left in it.

@dannazgu @Julio-Claudian they've actually already been thinking about it, nothing confirmed tho
This is something we are thinking on, the death/disappearance of the kingdoms. I do not have a clear idea on how it would be conducted though. For kingdoms to die, I believe there should be a way for new kingdom's to emerge as well yet this is a complicated process demanding high development and quality assurance effort.

One idea we have is that the kingdoms which "dissappeared" can reappear with certain conditions or events (such as low loyalty in several of that kingdoms original towns at the same time, or maybe "successful" rebellions can claim the ownership of the fall kingdom etc. Still these are hypothetical. Reducing them to mercenaries also requires a way for them to climb back up or there would be unwanted game states where all former clans are mercenary clans etc.

However I believe that original problem with destroying kingdom discussion stems from the fact that they keep spawning and returning to battle endlessly because of the way spawn mechanic works. Perhaps the spawn mechanic can be adjusted to reduce the strength / delay the spawn of the new parties created. So that the player does not have to micro manage and kill each member of the kingdom's clans.

So the only thing that's changed now is that there's a cutscene. It is not clear to me what the difficulty or the intention is with not dissolving Kingdoms. Whereas the player can easily and quickly fix it with executions.

At least I am happy with the fact that the Kingdom in which I participate, is no longer 100% in disagreement in making peace treaties when we have many enemies. Even when one is a piñata of free fiefdoms

That sounds really good. I hope they actually implement those ideas in some form.
that doesn't sound good at all. That comment is 4 months old... It amuses me that I recognized the comment and at the time I responded to it claiming that they at least look for a practical and temporary solution in any case. The game has been years with an error left on purpose because they are thinking.

Imagine that a hole opens in the wall of your house and you have been thinking for 4 months if you should repair it or take the opportunity to put a door... or maybe a window lol

that doesn't sound good at all. That comment is 4 months old... It amuses me that I recognized the comment and at the time I responded to it claiming that they at least look for a practical and temporary solution in any case. The game has been years with an error left on purpose because they are thinking.

Imagine that a hole opens in the wall of your house and you have been thinking for 4 months if you should repair it or take the opportunity to put a door... or maybe a window lol

For kingdoms to die, I believe there should be a way for new kingdom's to emerge ....
One idea we have is that the kingdoms which "dissappeared" can reappear with certain conditions or events (such as low loyalty in several of that kingdoms original towns at the same time, or maybe "successful" rebellions can claim the ownership of the fall kingdom etc.

That sounds really good to me. I like the idea of rebellions to resurrect kingdoms and new kingdoms arising. Didn't know the post was four months old, can't say I expect to get any of this in the base game.

When the roof is caving in, the kitchen is on fire, the basement is flooded, and front door is broken……I can see putting trash bags on the wall as I’m repairing the other problems

Back
Top Bottom