Need More Info No "switch weapon usage" with controllers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: There is currently no way to switch throwing weapons or lances to their alternative usage, melee/couch when using a controller. This is a huge problem. It should be assigned to the D-pad instead of cheers.

Also please allow us to completely disable first person in the options. It will frequently go into first person accidently in intense fights.

These are currently the most urgent fixes needed for controller support.
How to Reproduce: play with a controller.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
IT should be R1 button. Could you try if that works?
No, the R1 button allows you to switch between your equipment. It does NOT allow you to switch the mode of thrown weapons to melee use for instance. There is no binding for that, which is a HUGE oversight.

There's no reason that cheers, etc are bound to the d-pad, but we have nothing to switch weapon mode. This should be a priority fix.

Last edited:
We have just tested this on PC build. It is R1 on our end. You don't need to hold the button, pressing it once will change the weapon mode.
You are correct, my bad for being so sassy. But please pass it along that we need an option to disable first person view switching. It's so easy to accidentally go into first person mode on accident very bad situations.

Thanks for helping me resolve this issue.

Is it directly switching to a First-person camera with the controller at the moment? Will forward it.
There was a similar problem when Warband was released on consoles. It was assigned to pressing the left stick, but so many people complained about accidentally pressing it, that they patched it to allow you to completely disable it in the options.

In Bannerlord you must hold down the left stick for 2 seconds for it to switch, but when you are in a tournament getting beat on by two opponents or any other intense fight you will CONSTANTLY switch views accidentally, causing death etc.

Please just let us completely disable first person switching in the options.

Back
Top Bottom