NA Captain mode is unable to find match.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have not been able to get a captain's match in NA since the 1.7.2 update implemented ranked matchmaking. I have played games on EU since 1.7.2, this is my theory on why I'm unable to find matches in NA.
The games I've gotten on EU since the code change forms teams based on elo points. I can check my teammates and opponents elo after the match, my experience shows it will grab from the entire range of elo (roughly 1950-1200) and strictly pair those values up six times to make a fair match. I will explain the flaws I see and have experienced. With the system grabbing from every range it seems to only pair low and high level players into a lobby, not sure if it averages from everyone online but noticeably there are one or two veterans on either team and one or two new players. The next problem is the amount of people queueing for captains is low until you get to peak hours and I think the strict ranking will deny some games to start even if 12 people are queuing. I have queued NA captains for 8 hours during peak hours and not gotten a game. Also after 20 or so EU games now I get +3 elo for wins and losses give -7.
This game offers a lot of modes, a lot of different ways to enjoy the game like siege, TDM, skirmish, battle, and captain. The NA steam group has not been able to form a captains match in weeks. There are a lot of American players that enjoy captain mode as their main way to play the game. NA captains died overnight with the 1.7.2 update. There is currently a foreign clan hosting captain servers and NA players are using them because they instantly get into a captains match. I'm seeing veteran players move on to different games for the first time even when the old updates broke queue for a little while. All of the confusion about the queue also causes even less players to be on NA queue. I understand Taleworlds is juggling so many communities between all of their content and we might be one of the smallest, but I wanted to speak out for NA captains because we're struggling to play our mode on NA public at the moment.

It's sad we can only speculate.

The clans GK/DR likely have more insight than the average player because they have the ability to host custom servers. They must communicate at least a little with those clans to give them the ability. It's unfortunate to have players from all over the world playing on the same DR captain servers with 150-300 ping because the official ones/queue is broken. It's like volunteer labor.

Taleworlds. Please publicly address the game-breaking issues in multiplayer.

I can put up a captains server in NA if you guys need, I can't really guarantee it's going to work though because I don't have any of the enhancements that DR might have made.

I was waiting for the next update to bring the battle server back up because of all the lags and crashing introduced with 1.7.2, but it's taking way longer than I expected.

I can put up a captains server in NA if you guys need, I can't really guarantee it's going to work though because I don't have any of the enhancements that DR might have made.

I was waiting for the next update to bring the battle server back up because of all the lags and crashing introduced with 1.7.2, but it's taking way longer than I expected.
pls gib battle

I'm honestly haven't been experiencing the lag everyone's talking about. I usually get over 100 fps and not much stuttering or lag at all, and my PC is nothing crazy. I do use dlss and have the game installed on an SSD so that might be it but idk

Back
Top Bottom