This is unplayable (Stuttering 1.7.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meh. That's pretending there is an issue with one car made by TaleWorlds, not with all of them. And that that issue would have to be fixed for each single car itself, not for all at once.
If we want to overanalyze the analogy, we can read any number of assumptions into it. The fact is the product is not working as intended, and the way to facilitate fixing it is to provide the data which details how it is malfunctioning. It is common knowledge that in order to get things fixed, one has to explain or demonstrate how something is broken. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

What car mechanic needs more then a month to fix broken car?
Please tell this to my father's diesel mechanic. Inquiring minds want to know.

If we want to overanalyze the analogy, we can read any number of assumptions into it. The fact is the product is not working as intended, and the way to facilitate fixing it is to provide the data which details how it is malfunctioning. It is common knowledge that in order to get things fixed, one has to explain or demonstrate how something is broken. Nothing happens in a vacuum.
If this was a somewhat isolated issue - yes, you'd be right. But it is not. If they wanted data, they could spin up their own game and record it themselves.

Please tell this to my father's diesel mechanic. Inquiring minds want to know.
Capable mechanic will run diagnostic and will find what needs to be fixed. This will take less then 10 minutes and not 1 month like Tw needs.

Sure, but cars are more akin to consoles than PCs in this case. On a console you have (mostly) fixed hardware, which is a known quantity from the beginning to the end of that console's life cycle, and stricter version control. Being the equivalent of a mechanic for a console version of the game is more straightforward because many problems which are rooted in hardware can be readily tested in the office. It's like being an in-house mechanic at a manufacturer's dealership: you work on cars from that manufacturer, using parts you get from the manufacturer, and that's it. For PC it's like being a BMW-Mercedes-Fiat-Alfa Romeo-Ferrari-Citroen-Volkswagen-Ford-Chevrolet-Toyota-Hyundai-Subaru mechanic who specializes in engine repairs, transmissions, electrical, and bodywork on gasoline, diesel, electric, and hybrid cars. There are people running this game on budget PCs from 2015 and there are people running it on i9-12900Ks with 64GB of DDR5 and a 3090 Ti, along with everything in between. Performance problems can present differently across different hardware setups, and may not even be noticeable on some. The devs have a finite number of PCs in their office with different hardware they can test the game on before an update is released, which cannot possibly account for the amount of hardware variety their customers use. So, they ask for data on how the game is breaking from people who experience problems.

Sure, but cars are more akin to consoles than PCs in this case. On a console you have (mostly) fixed hardware, which is a known quantity from the beginning to the end of that console's life cycle, and stricter version control. Being the equivalent of a mechanic for a console version of the game is more straightforward because many problems which are rooted in hardware can be readily tested in the office. It's like being an in-house mechanic at a manufacturer's dealership: you work on cars from that manufacturer, using parts you get from the manufacturer, and that's it. For PC it's like being a BMW-Mercedes-Fiat-Alfa Romeo-Ferrari-Citroen-Volkswagen-Ford-Chevrolet-Toyota-Hyundai-Subaru mechanic who specializes in engine repairs, transmissions, electrical, and bodywork on gasoline, diesel, electric, and hybrid cars. There are people running this game on budget PCs from 2015 and there are people running it on i9-12900Ks with 64GB of DDR5 and a 3090 Ti, along with everything in between. Performance problems can present differently across different hardware setups, and may not even be noticeable on some. The devs have a finite number of PCs in their office with different hardware they can test the game on before an update is released, which cannot possibly account for the amount of hardware variety their customers use. So, they ask for data on how the game is breaking from people who experience problems.
The game stutters. It's not a performance issue that only affects people with certain setups, be it high or low specs.
You can get hung up on your car analogy all you like, but this issue has been around for a month and I have not heard of anyone not having it.

TaleWorlds pushing a non-working "hot"fix a month after they introduced an issue is laughable at best.
Do they need more data to troubleshoot? Maybe. I honestly doubt it, since a) they could look at what code was changed with the last patch and b) they could just play the game and experience the issue themselves.
With those things said, asking for data from players now comes across as... disconnected, I guess? love you though MArdA, we know it ain't your fault ♥

The game stutters. It's not a performance issue that only affects people with certain setups, be it high or low specs.
You can get hung up on your car analogy all you like, but this issue has been around for a month and I have not heard of anyone not having it.
It wasn't mine to begin with, and you started this pedantic tangent. It's right there on the previous page of this topic. Analogy or not, I think it's pretty clear by now that it's not as simple as "why didn't they just play it and see that it's broken?" What bizarre fantasy world do we think they live in where they never try their own product? Given their track record, I'd guess that the reason it took a month to push a hotfix is because they had trouble fixing problems they discovered during their internal testing. By your own report, the problem still exists but it changed:
Still exists, felt a little better at the start, then worse after about a round on siege.
If this is indeed the case, it seems to me like they began investigating the issue and implemented fixes for some things but not all.

I honestly doubt it, since a) they could look at what code was changed with the last patch
american-psycho-willem-dafoe.gif

It wasn't mine to begin with, and you started this pedantic tangent. It's right there on the previous page of this topic.
Yeah, the ikko person made it up and you took it up, and I disagreed with your post disagreeing with it. Was that now me or you starting it? I don't really know, and I don't really care if I'm honest.

Analogy or not, I think it's pretty clear by now that it's not as simple as "why didn't they just play it and see that it's broken?" What bizarre fantasy world do we think they live in where they never try their own product?
Lol, you clearly haven't been following what has been happening with Bannerlords multiplayer for the last 3 years.

Given their track record, I'd guess that the reason it took a month to push a hotfix is because they had trouble fixing problems they discovered during their internal testing.
The testing that was supposedly done in the half a year the patch was on the beta branch?
Jokes aside, you make a reasonable point here, but that should be communicated far better then, rather than leaving everyone that doesn't read every single thing on the forums in the dark for a month+ yes, I opened the whole "TW needs to communicate better" thing. I don't think we really need to discuss it, everyone knows already.

By your own report, the problem still exists but it changed:
If this is indeed the case, it seems to me like they began investigating the issue and implemented fixes for some things but not all.
Pushing a hotfix without investigating would be quite something. I said it felt better - that's anecdotal at best, and as I also said: It quickly deteriorated and is still very much noticable (read: nearing unplayable) with higher player counts.

Thanks. I know it's obvious. It should still be their number one step but I have reason to doubt it was done in depth...

Yeah, the ikko person made it up and you took it up, and I disagreed with your post disagreeing with it. Was that now me or you starting it? I don't really know, and I don't really care if I'm honest.
We both agree it's not useful at this point, so I guess we can total it. :iamamoron:

Jokes aside, you make a reasonable point here, but that should be communicated far better then, rather than leaving everyone that doesn't read every single thing on the forums in the dark for a month
They get crucified every time they admit fault or delays, and fairly regularly when they say nothing. Even when they're posting announcements for fixes and requested features they get **** slung at them, so I'm not surprised at their unwillingness to do this.

Lol, you clearly haven't been following what has been happening with Bannerlords multiplayer for the last 3 years.
What they want their product to be and what we want it to be are different things, certainly, but there are areas of overlap. Performance is one such area, because everybody wants their experience to run smoothly. It's not a questionable design decision to leave the stutters in there, it's a problem they want fixed as much as the players do.

TALEWORLDS
Hello, playerbase. What's happening? Uh… we have sort of a problem here.
Yeah. You apparently didn't upload a new telemetry file to get reviewed before the next hotfix.

PLAYERS
Oh, yeah. I'm sorry about that. I, I forgot.

TALEWORLDS
MMMM..YEAH. YOU SEE, WE'RE MAKING OUR PLAYERS SUBMIT TELEMETRY DATA
NOW BEFORE WE WORK ON A HOTFIX. DID YOU SEE THE MEMO ABOUT THIS?

PLAYERS
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I've got the memo right here, but, uh, uh, I just
forgot. But, uh, I'm the paying customer not an employee, volunteer, or beta tester, so that kind of seems like a weird ask.

TALEWORLDS
Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on,
that will be great. And Uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another
copy of that memo Mmmm, Ok?

TALEWORLDS WALKS AWAY...

Captain mode still dead can we roll back 1.7.2 please its been a catastrophic disaster for the game
They will NEVER acknowledge it's broken and they want you to stop trying. Unfortunately, you can only play Captain Mode via the DR Captain servers that are EU based.

This isn't me caping. I think it's horrible.

If we want more insight into the development process/known issues maybe we are expected to learn German, join the DR clan/community, and try prying insight out of them.

edit: More likely they want us to **** off and shut up and will continue to ban/mute dissent until they can make the console sales and start the cycle over

They will NEVER acknowledge it's broken and they want you to stop trying. Unfortunately, you can only play Captain Mode via the DR Captain servers that are EU based.

This isn't me caping. I think it's horrible.

If we want more insight into the development process/known issues maybe we are expected to learn German, join the DR clan/community, and try prying insight out of them.

edit: More likely they want us to **** off and shut up and will continue to ban/mute dissent until they can make the console sales and start the cycle over
the lack of communication on these issues is telling for certain

So we're clear, ikKO was muted for spamming the same message and tags across multiple threads. He was banned because he made a duplicate account shortly after, to bypass the mute. He even did it a second time minutes after the first dupe was banned. Nothing to do with dissent, and you can tell yourself that the purely volunteer forum staff are shutting down negativity with an iron fist but anyone who can spare a glance at any of the BL boards will see that isn't the case. Might make you feel better, though.

So we're clear, ikKO was muted for spamming the same message and tags across multiple threads. He was banned because he made a duplicate account shortly after, to bypass the mute. He even did it a second time minutes after the first dupe was banned. Nothing to do with dissent, and you can tell yourself that the purely volunteer forum staff are shutting down negativity with an iron fist but anyone who can spare a glance at any of the BL boards will see that isn't the case. Might make you feel better, though.
Spamming and being a donkey isnt cool but it would be nice if the dev team was a little more transparent about a few of the issues this game currently faces so that you dont have people feeling like acting up is their only way to heard, not excusing people being a donkey but you get the point.

I had no idea. Thanks for giving more insight than the non-volunteers

I'm still suffering from this issue, I've been playing this game fine since the beta, on hight/ultra settings, with stable FPS, yet after the update 1.7.2, I get sttuttering while playing siege every 5 seconds,
It's unplayable... game is running at 140FPS and for 1 second drops to 20 out of nowhere only to climb all the way up . And it keeps doing it.

I'm still suffering from this issue, I've been playing this game fine since the beta, on hight/ultra settings, with stable FPS, yet after the update 1.7.2, I get sttuttering while playing siege every 5 seconds,
It's unplayable... game is running at 140FPS and for 1 second drops to 20 out of nowhere only to climb all the way up . And it keeps doing it.
You're telling me this stuff keeps going lmfaooo

Back
Top Bottom