How can I tell apart my own soldiers from other leaders' when setting deployment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry if someone has mentioned this. but I didn't find any useful message after doing some search.
well, now here is the question:
USUALLY
I like to make my team 100% riders, but to preserve their map speed, I have to control their numbers. and 150 is the best for me.
so, in that condition, sometimes the enemy's numbers are about 3-4 times my guerrillas, and for the kingdom's profit maximization, I can't void these battles.
this will cause about 10-20% of troops to lose in banner lord mode.
then I thought out a tactic, I build non-noble, mixed, cheap riders as team 2, and group myself with them into a double team army.
this is very effective, by dismissing and regrouping this mini 100%riders army I have strength and speed at the same time, and when they fight freely(AI commanding) I always have chances and space to give some meticulous command, also this is very convenient for my clan members to practice their medic skill.
BUT, WHEN I BUILD A KINGDOM
I just have to command every one of them! no matter whether we were in the same army or not. my clan members, my lord, they all give their soldiers to me, without asking, without an option.
and I don't know how to change it back :sad:
I need my team 2 to draw the enemy's attention, I don't want to set them into my crack troops' squad:sad:
I didn't find any button, or an option to do this
can someone help a bit?

Yeah you have control over all of them in this situation. They are sorted into the same groups you set up for field battles, in siege the game sorts them...other ways. There's no way to get rid of them other then not adding them to you army and avoiding entering fights with them.

For using a second group in battle, just use the + to add emblems to you crack group (like helmet for armor) and make a second group of that unit type on the right and slide out all the non-elites you can. Both will still contain and army troops that meet the criteria though.

I would say just consider all your factions troops as yours and use them the best you can and preserve them. For instance I use many horse archers so I will just move ahead with them and leave my vassal's infantry and stuff and the edge of the map and only move it up and use it after thinning out the enemy and giving them a advantage where they will have few losses. All their troops help them in AI X AI battles but in live battles many of them are useless so why put them in harm's way?

A problem for you to watch out for though when releasing a clan party for speed/bait is they may get summoned to another vassals army right away.

Yeah you have control over all of them in this situation. They are sorted into the same groups you set up for field battles, in siege the game sorts them...other ways. There's no way to get rid of them other then not adding them to you army and avoiding entering fights with them.

For using a second group in battle, just use the + to add emblems to you crack group (like helmet for armor) and make a second group of that unit type on the right and slide out all the non-elites you can. Both will still contain and army troops that meet the criteria though.

I would say just consider all your factions troops as yours and use them the best you can and preserve them. For instance I use many horse archers so I will just move ahead with them and leave my vassal's infantry and stuff and the edge of the map and only move it up and use it after thinning out the enemy and giving them a advantage where they will have few losses. All their troops help them in AI X AI battles but in live battles many of them are useless so why put them in harm's way?

A problem for you to watch out for though when releasing a clan party for speed/bait is they may get summoned to another vassals army right away.

ah, well firstly thanks very much for your support.
but I know how to use a second group in battle, I just want to keep them pure(like 100% LV5 noble mounting archers), because sometimes replenishing their numbers means you have to go through the whole map, and mix them with cheap soldiers is reducing their firepower :sad:
and yes I know how to use different soldiers well(riders mixed with infantry), just get tired from giving orders to 5-6 squads at the same time.
yet, in e1.8, I think I have found a new way to make my life easy, now I myself only lead horse-bowman, and my team 2 are combined by all kinds of charge riders. considering armors are so useful and effective now, their death probability( with AI control) is far more acceptable, I don't need to sacrifice any cheap riders to keep crack troops alive anymore(gladly) :smile:
team 2 being summoned by another vassals army is not much frequent to me, when it is, these stupid lords will know who is the King/Queen(dismissing them without thinking) lol

ah, well firstly thanks very much for your support.
but I know how to use a second group in battle, I just want to keep them pure(like 100% LV5 noble mounting archers), because sometimes replenishing their numbers means you have to go through the whole map, and mix them with cheap soldiers is reducing their firepower :sad:
and yes I know how to use different soldiers well(riders mixed with infantry), just get tired from giving orders to 5-6 squads at the same time.
yet, in e1.8, I think I have found a new way to make my life easy, now I myself only lead horse-bowman, and my team 2 are combined by all kinds of charge riders. considering armors are so useful and effective now, their death probability( with AI control) is far more acceptable, I don't need to sacrifice any cheap riders to keep crack troops alive anymore(gladly) :smile:
team 2 being summoned by another vassals army is not much frequent to me, when it is, these stupid lords will know who is the King/Queen(dismissing them without thinking) lol
but tbh I still hope someone can lead my infantry for me, I hate low-speed creatures

Back
Top Bottom