Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

So I have digged a little bit and here are the changes that, I think, have lead to the current situation.
  • 200+ power headman notables provide elite troops.
  • Notables at villages which are bounded by a castle now gain more power each day compared to others.
  • Notables provide elite troops instantly
The combination of the above 3 changes may result in some unexpected high availability of elite troops (depending on how quick headmen get 200+ power).
Elites don't depend on notable power anymore- they used to. But in more recent versions it's purely based on being a notable in a village which is attached to a castle.
Svelok is correct.
Notables giving these troops will increase in 1.5.10 (2 next patch). All rural notables at villages bounded by castle will give these noble troops. Currently only rural notables and headman with 200+ power are giving them but this will change. Currently about 20% of village notables are giving noble troops this will be around 33% with new rule.

Also these notables can give noble troops from even first slots. Currently there are mostly tier-1 common recruits at first slots. This is not guarenteed but will be evaluated.

I will suggest adding 1 notable to castles for giving noble troops but it has less chance to be accepted. Anyway even this is not accepted these rare troops will be more common.

I'm wondering if the "Party Template" (leading to more specialization/variation per lords) was really implemented with 1.8.0.
There is a "Party Template" xml file but that's still the same than before, really basic one.
On the other side, AI prioritizing cavalry type troops was confirmed a while ago.
Patch 1.5.7 : LINK
And I don't believe party templates have actually been enabled yet, although the code for it exists in 1.8, as "preferred formations" (eg skirmisher, infantry, horse archers). But it depends on lords having that formation flagged in their XML, which hasn't happened yet.
Clan and Party
  • Hero party leaders now have preferred troop types when upgrading.
So they don't say party templates here, just preferred troops types when upgrading. Comparing party compositions from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0 there seems to be parties focusing on a specific troop type now.

1.7.0 - You'll notice there is typically a relatively even number of woodsmen and warriors. Also there aren't any parties with like 40+ of a single troop type.
axjVf.jpg
zDTkt.jpg
4EbZM.jpg
27zpL.jpg

1.8.0 - pretty clear specializations going on
9mURO.jpg
4Z1OP.jpg
ehE4_.jpg
M7wdd.jpg

Last edited:
Recruitable elites should have an influence cost dependent upon tier. Even better have them only recuitable at Castles whose Kingdom you are part of.

Svelok is correct.

So they don't say party templates here, just preferred troops types when upgrading. Comparing party compositions from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0 there seems to be parties focusing on a specific troop type now.

1.7.0 - You'll notice there is typically a relatively even number of woodsmen and warriors. Also there aren't any parties with like 40+ of a single troop type.
axjVf.jpg
zDTkt.jpg
4EbZM.jpg
27zpL.jpg

9mURO.jpg
4Z1OP.jpg
ehE4_.jpg
M7wdd.jpg
Okay I see.
Much clearer now.
But then what would be the purpose of the "Party Templates" announced by TW in August 2021. We already have some kind of specialization...
I'm kinda confused...

On the topic of defection, I tried setting my relation with everyone to 100, my renown to clan tier 5, and my denars to some ridiculous amount in the multimillions and still couldn't find anyone to defect in the early kingdom phase. Relation really needs to do more for defection likelihood, it's very unintuitive and unsatisfying in its current state.

Like why have a relation mechanic with lords at all if it does almost nothing, either for allies or enemies? You can be best friends with a lord, have married your daughter to their son, have done 30 quests to help them out, and be known across the lands as an honorable, valorous lord... And he still won't join your kingdom for millions of denars, or let you go free if you surrender.

axjVf.jpg
zDTkt.jpg
4EbZM.jpg
27zpL.jpg

9mURO.jpg
4Z1OP.jpg
ehE4_.jpg
M7wdd.jpg
I'm glad that it seems like there is variation in preference per faction, I wonder if the variation is dependent on personality traits or clan rank?

did NPCs die in battles in version 1.8.0? I suspect that this is a bug and no one dies in battles, although the option is enabled
I've seen at least 1 AI lords enemy die in live battle and 1 wanderer on my side die in battle, but I agree it seems rare. There was a dev comment about age and armor being a factor in thier survival but I don't know the specifics. The one death on my side was a low armor wanderer so maybe.

@Dejan any word on the vassal defection problem hotfix, really tough to do anything late game
Yes, sad to see no hotfix today, my main campaign has been on hold a week now because it's just not enjoyable to make a kingdom if they bail left and right. There could be even more late game issues too that won't be reported in time because many players are avoiding it because of this bug.

why do Governors move ?
here is the Governor of Odokh but he currently is in Ocs hall ..
to recall him to the party it takes 7 days

Last edited:
oh ok ... thx for the bug report
TW seems to have problems with saves ..
the crafting pieces not saving (fixed)
this ..
the game difficulty not saving ( a major bug for me)

Love the new skill progression, it is a lot easier to skill athletics and riding. Although I would love it if moving over normal terrain would raise the scouting skill, although slower than moving through forest or hills. Case in point as I am currently moving through the desert the normal routes between the various Aserai towns will not really progress the scouting skill.

I hope the developers understand that it is impossible to play sieges due to the fact that NPCs placed by me in positions (during defense) run away from the position, archers stand behind walls and cannot shoot, etc. because of this, I lose sieges and delete the pass save:sad:

Is it really changing the difficulty setting or is it just changing the top one (quick setting)and leaving the rest as they were? For me it was saying freebooter in the top slot but the settings were actually still on bannerlord and such.
you both are right dammit
Same for me, settings are not really changed.
i even started a new game because i thought i played a few hours on easy ...

Back
Top Bottom