Any Sturgia infantry army tips and tricks or mods?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes. It is RMB. Realistic battle mod.

Cav is really bad becouse they miss hits all the time.

Problem with cavalty as infantry army that you need 1 hour to catch and kill them.
Cav basically win by having more overall health and just boringly chipping away at infantry with weak charges.

Cavalry vs infantry should be a lot more stressful and pant ****ting.

Cav basically win by having more overall health and just boringly chipping away at infantry with weak charges.

Cavalry vs infantry should be a lot more stressful and pant ****ting.
If cavalry do get the accuracy improvements they need, then I think it will be very important to increase the number of pike infantry in the game, available from lower tiers than cavalry, to give them a proper counter once they become effective fighters.

If cavalry do get the accuracy improvements they need, then I think it will be very important to increase the number of pike infantry in the game, available from lower tiers than cavalry, to give them a proper counter once they become effective fighters.
Pikes and spears are awful against cavalry in this game. Becouse they deal zero damage.

And best counter to cavalry is archers.

Provided how cavs are dumb i only play infantry/archers, using and abusing of shield wall, and only Two groups to manage. And yes spears should be more efficient. In the game cavs have the « good » role, but are not able to charge an ennemy archer position, plus they are the more expansive and harder to replace. My infantry advances in shieldwall formation under cover of archers and cut ennemy lines. With a 300 party i have like 210 infantry, 90 archers. Among infantry like 150 with shields, rest in palace guards, falxmen, Line breakers, voulgiers. Works well.

Melee cavalry definitely needs an improvement in their ability to aim attacks and couch lances, but I also think they need to have a harder time pushing through lines of infantry - especially in tight/shield wall formations. If footmen also had an improved ability to utilize spears (more akin to Viking Conquest), I think this would have the potential for some pretty solid infantry-cavalry balance: the success of frontal charges would depend largely on the army composition/numbers, but rear charges could be really devastating.

Back
Top Bottom