An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

Users who are viewing this thread

Logged in to say just this - base game looks wonderful and the devs seem to have done a fantastic job with 1.7, but, personally, was waiting for more mods in order to actually buy it. Modding scene seems dead-er than it was a year ago... And from what I am seeing, I am saddened that they don't get all the support they can get. It's like free employees for a huge period of time that refresh your PR and replayability. How silly would it be not to give them your full support? If it was on me I'd even create a framework just so that their mods (or at least many of them) wouldn't become obsolete at every patch.

the only reason I still play the game sometimes are the mods, the vanilla game sucks and it is boring, mods keep this game alive, I need more, please taleworlds, support your modders, we the players need the mods

I am saddened that they don't get all the support they can get.
please taleworlds, support your modders,
We have and will continue to do so. Besides releasing an array of in-depth modding tools on 1.10.2020 that can be accessed via the Steam Library by anyone that owns Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, we've done many modding related changes since v160 that were based on the feedback we've got from the modding community (you can check this thread to view them). Modding-related feedback/suggestions can be posted in this board and they will be discussed in dedicated meetings internally. We likewise participate in the modding discord and help the modders when and where we can.
If it was on me I'd even create a framework just so that their mods (or at least many of them) wouldn't become obsolete at every patch.
Modders can deeply interact with and influence the game - which is great but also means that the work they do can be dependent on many different parts of the base game in ways that we don’t control or know about. There is little that we can do to outright prevent such issues while the game is in active development.

We have and will continue to do so.

Truth be told I am not involved enough to know how exactly the game is supporting modding besides consumed xml properties. I do see that a lot of mods break with patches leading me to assume there isn't some kind of mediation API between mods and the game that has fallbacks and keeps references when possible. Maybe I am wrong on that and it's just not possible.

I know large projects are a nightmare, that you are in early access, and that your hard-at-work developers already have a bunch of things to worry about without having to hold back from refactoring stuff because of a huge amount of mods out there. I also know that you are already doing more than most companies out there to support it. However keep spamming your project managers to dedicate resources on communicating and helping modders as much as possible. Even if it's unintuitive on EA, the game has gone public for better of worse, and that wave needs to be ridden.

Once BL is officially released, I'll get serious about modding especially this mod.

BTW, Devs have you heard that "Rise of Mordor" mod for Attila Total War was kicked off MODDB !!! Warner Bros is getting snotty .. for some reason ???

scary..

Truth be told I am not involved enough to know how exactly the game is supporting modding besides consumed xml properties. I do see that a lot of mods break with patches leading me to assume there isn't some kind of mediation API between mods and the game that has fallbacks and keeps references when possible. Maybe I am wrong on that and it's just not possible.
That mods are breaking is something which every experienced modder is (should) be aware of and which should also be known by every Warband veteran since it was the same over a couple of years at Vanilla M&B and Warband. It could even happen that a mod broke due to the release of one of the DLCs since something in the game enginee got updated as well. That's why you find so many Warband mods which require a specific version of the game. It's not really possible to develope a game and keep each and every mod in mind to not break them.
BTW, Devs have you heard that "Rise of Mordor" mod for Attila Total War was kicked off MODDB !!! Warner Bros is getting snotty .. for some reason ???

scary..
That's not really something which should concern the developers of TW more than the developers of KoA. It's also off-topic here :wink:

TW don't need to care about mods ...it's the fans who care, and I care .. still waiting for Official Release of BL, then modders takeover.

Waiting ..... waiting ..... waiting ..

EN:
Dear developers, why don't your game engine make a visual editing GUI function, which will improve the speed of your UI production. Now many game engines have this function, don't you think your current GUI design is a little behind? Come on, it's 2022.

CN:
敬爱的开发者人员,你们的游戏引擎为什么不做一个可视化编辑GUI的功能,这将会提高你们的UI制作速度,现在诸多的游戏引擎都有这个功能,你们不觉得你们现在的这个GUI设计太落后了一点吗?拜托都2022年了。

Back
Top Bottom