Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds Have you guys ever thought about reverting building progress and building levels when an army sacks a Castle/Town. It would seem to me that historically when the sieging army sacks a place its practically destroyed and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. I feel like this would be an easy thing to implement in the game if it were considered.
Devastating a town (post siege choice) already does this.

Please please add more coat of plates , longer ones similar to the ones in warband and more tabard variants with chainmail. Also more chainmail shoulder armor and more variants of splint boots and splint gloves. Thanks

Hey, @Duh_TaleWorlds , just thought about one thing, maybe you could tell us something about it...

My question is about quests. There are a few points I'd like to ask you about:

1) I can't even recall the last patch with new added bunch of quests. Sure, 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 were great in the scope of gameplay-wise features, but the current amount of quests in the game and their repetitivness makes me wonder if the team plans to add more of them in the nearest updates, or the main focus now is making more maps and focusing on battles and other general stuff?

2) More specific question: right now, being of a faction cuts off a possibility to accept some lord quests (mostly, "fetch"-type quests, but still). So, in general, you lose some without offering some new ones in return. Are there any plans to make a King-only quests to compensate the described above situation?

3) This one may be tedious, but still, I am really interested: I remember you mentioning (in some other topic, "Quests are boring" if I remember correclty), that quests actually affect some settlements' stats (Prosperity, security, etc.), but the info about these effect is actually nowhere to be found. Could you please share a list of effects for quests available in the game? Right now I only know that "Village needs tools" boosts a village hearth rate, "Village needs grain" boosts town prosperity, but what about others? What are the effects of the town quests? If I help only gang leaders, will this affect the town somehow, or their quests serve only the purpose of boosting their power stats? The same for merchants/artisans. What about the lord/lady quests?

As I said, the third paragraph may be a bit tedious to answer, yet this info could be super useful for managing your own settlements' prosperity and for cutting down the enemy ones. Thank you.

1) I can't even recall the last patch with new added bunch of quests. Sure, 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 were great in the scope of gameplay-wise features, but the current amount of quests in the game and their repetitivness makes me wonder if the team plans to add more of them in the nearest updates, or the main focus now is making more maps and focusing on battles and other general stuff?
Some additional quests are a possibility, but I don't personally think they would significantly impact your experience. IIRC there are some 40+ issue quests in the game, so if we add 5 more - that's nice, but not a drastic change. On the other hand, adding 40 more seems unrealistic to me. What may, however, still help is further tweaks and balancing with the issue generation to have a better distribution of active issues. Naturally, that is somewhat limited by issues being tied to world conditions.

2) More specific question: right now, being of a faction cuts off a possibility to accept some lord quests (mostly, "fetch"-type quests, but still). So, in general, you lose some without offering some new ones in return. Are there any plans to make a King-only quests to compensate the described above situation?
Nothing concrete. We do explore all kinds of ideas though. No hopeTM plox.

3) This one may be tedious, but still, I am really interested: I remember you mentioning (in some other topic, "Quests are boring" if I remember correclty), that quests actually affect some settlements' stats (Prosperity, security, etc.), but the info about these effect is actually nowhere to be found. Could you please share a list of effects for quests available in the game? Right now I only know that "Village needs tools" boosts a village hearth rate, "Village needs grain" boosts town prosperity, but what about others? What are the effects of the town quests? If I help only gang leaders, will this affect the town somehow, or their quests serve only the purpose of boosting their power stats? The same for merchants/artisans. What about the lord/lady quests?
I will look into it, but no promises. Also do note that the effects are updated across patches - so any information I share can become outdated over time.

I will look into it, but no promises
This would be very kind of you, hope you'll find the time to share this info :smile: Also, please consider adding the effects info into a quest log, like it was suggested in the 'Quests are boring' topics: for example, when you open a quest log, the description will have the "Effects" tab with a brief description: +50 relation with a %QUESTGIVER_NAME%, +50 hearth rate in %VILLAGE_NAME%, -20 %BOUND_CITY_NAME% security.

With that the info will always be up to date and ready at hand (and it will also make a quest log useful :wink:)

Naturally, that is somewhat limited by issues being tied to world conditions.
Well, as a small suggestion, the team could add some more quests which are not directly bound to a world conditions: for example, I doubt that the "Spy party" quest affects anything beside the relationship boost/decrease with a questgiver, yet, it is somewhat interesting to complete plus it gives you a reason to roam a city scene which is a win-win. I've expressed a similar idea a while ago in this topic, you might wanna check it out and suggest it to the team. Call it an entertaining quests with a possibility to boost relationship with a questgiver :smile:

Nothing concrete. We do explore all kinds of ideas though. No hopeTM plox.
Ok, here's hope that this won't be dropped down.

Last edited:
Disorganized State
  • We have gone over the conditions and effects of the disorganized state, which temporarily weakens parties and armies after a recent challenge, to make it more meaningful and consistent.

What does this mean and how does it play out? Is this a World Map behaviour that just makes Parties recently engaged in heavy fighting reluctant to engage again too soon? Does this lower their effectiveness in Auto-Calc situations? Does this alter their actual fighting ability in Battles scenes?

What does this mean and how does it play out? Is this a World Map behaviour that just makes Parties recently engaged in heavy fighting reluctant to engage again too soon? Does this lower their effectiveness in Auto-Calc situations? Does this alter their actual fighting ability in Battles scenes?
I know it slows you down a ton after a battle on the campaign map, my guess is it also lowers your overall morale in a battle but not sure about this one.

@Duh_TaleWorlds thanks for the time you take to write these, didn't expect to see nearly all of it done within a single patch, looks like you'll need to make a "Statement About SP: Part V" very soon.

I did have some specific questions though regarding the longer-term roadmap, mostly around Claimants. Will we be able to marry them like we could in Warband, and tangential to that point, will we be able to inter-marry with Kingdom Rulers anytime soon? It was an organic diplomatic option we were robbed off and it also messes up clans like when the PC's brothers or sisters marry out as well all they do is just move Clans and it doesn't have much impact beyond raising relationship.

Second part related to Claimants, will they ever operate independently? Right now we have Rebellions which are organic and happen at a really even rate, will they ever join up with Claimaints, or is the Rebellions systems going to be revamped to actually just aligning them underneath a Claimant's "banner" versus the "X Person of Town Y" Clans that are spawned?

And lastly on my part, will the players ever be afforded to opportunity to send messengers? We have gotten some great QoL like summoning clan members and turning in quests to Lord's stewards in their owned settlements - but the major thing is requesting other Mercs, but maybe even trying to entice Lords to join.

Some additional quests are a possibility, but I don't personally think they would significantly impact your experience. IIRC there are some 40+ issue quests in the game, so if we add 5 more - that's nice, but not a drastic change. On the other hand, adding 40 more seems unrealistic to me. What may, however, still help is further tweaks and balancing with the issue generation to have a better distribution of active issues. Naturally, that is somewhat limited by issues being tied to world conditions.
What about the storyline main quest? It's been a long time since the last update on this I think.

• Additional AI Offers
    • We were quite happy with the reception and impact of AI ransom and peace offers to the player. These new notifications make the world feel more alive and we want to build upon them. For this purpose, we are exploring marriage, mercenary and vassalage offers.
Playing as a mercenary in my current playthrough and was thinking it would be pretty cool and immersive to get an offer to join an army when it is formed. It would definitely feel more natural when you are a vassal, actually being called upon to join a warband. Then just like the AI when the player becomes a king they can't get invited to armies anymore as they are expected to be leading. Feels like a natural fit for immersive offers.

Could go two routes with it depending on how much of an impact on the game you want it to have. One route is to have it have little impact, dont have the AI calculate the player offer as a guaranteed party like a typical summon, incase the player wants to decline, and have relationship not be impacted. The other route is to have these offers make a big impact, have the AI army calc its strength with the player so if they dont join they are weaker and make it a relationship + or - if the player accepts the offer or not.

It would definitely feel more natural when you are a vassal, actually being called upon to join a warband.
This is the most immersion breaking thing for me. I join a faction and I am just a new boy in the realm. But right from the start I can form an army with the members of most influential clans but no one can order me around. What the hell is this?

In my new gameplay, I saw my character listed as a faction leader in encyclopedia. I did not join a faction yet. Is this still the case in the encyclopedia when the player is part of a faction as a vassal? I am asking this because when you form an army, only one you can not summon to your army is the faction leader and I am seeing my character as a faction leader in encyclopedia. So when you connect the dots, the game code in the background always consider the player as a faction leader since no one can summon the player to his/her army? If this is the case, this is just... I do not what to say.

As soon as a war declared upon your faction or your faction declared the war, one thing is deciding who can form an army and it is who was the quickest one to open the army menu. This is the experience I am having just as a player, of course, I do not know how game code decides which lord will lead an army and which ones be called upon to the army. As a player, the experience I am having is just ridiculous, immersion breaking to the core.

Just add marshalls to the game already. Just give the king ability to appoint several marshalls who are the only one with the authority to form an army. Give the player to choice to decline the order from marshalls with relation loss or influence loss or both.

Better thing to do is just remove this ridiculous thing called influence out of the game.

This is the most immersion breaking thing for me. I join a faction and I am just a new boy in the realm. But right from the start I can form an army with the members of most influential clans but no one can order me around. What the hell is this?
I'm fine with being able to summon an army as a vassal, you are limited pretty heavily by influence. Some parties can cost up to 40 influence to summon these days and it can take awhile to stack up influence as a vassal. I like these increased influence cost, it does a good job of limiting the player early.
In my new gameplay, I saw my character listed as a faction leader in encyclopedia. I did not join a faction yet. Is this still the case in the encyclopedia when the player is part of a faction as a vassal? I am asking this because when you form an army, only one you can not summon to your army is the faction leader and I am seeing my character as a faction leader in encyclopedia. So when you connect the dots, the game code in the background always consider the player as a faction leader since no one can summon the player to his/her army? If this is the case, this is just... I do not what to say.
Nope not the case. I'm a mercenary for sturgia right now and not listed as a faction leader. Although it is interesting to see Suterios of the Hidden Hand on this list.
Y02yE.png

As soon as a war declared upon your faction or your faction declared the war, one thing is deciding who can form an army and it is who was the quickest one to open the army menu. This is the experience I am having just as a player, of course, I do not know how game code decides which lord will lead an army and which ones be called upon to the army. As a player, the experience I am having is just ridiculous, immersion breaking to the core.
Why do you think its immersion breaking to have armies formed when a war is declared on you? Seems like a normal thing for me, although I can understand it being annoying if you are trying to form an army yourself and every lord is scooped up in an instant. I've definitely experienced that, but normally only later game once every clan has a ton of influence.

Would be cool if you were part of the initial summoning to armies....

Some parties can cost up to 40 influence to summon these days and it can take awhile to stack up influence as a vassal. I like these increased influence cost, it does a good job of limiting the player early.
It is not about the influence cost, I can accumulate required influence anyway. It is about me, the new boy in the faction, having the ability to summon the son of the faction leader to my army. Let me quote myself:
There is clan tiers in the game that is heavily can be unlocked by winning battles. So when you first join a faction when your clan tier is just 3, there are clans whose tier 5 and 6. You wonder that they must have been in countless battles. Then there is this influence thing you also mainly earn by winning battles. After you join a faction and earning 70 influence or so, you get to get summon a clan tier 6 member into your army who arguably been in countless battles since her/his clan tier so high. How i can roleplay this? How i can roleplay a guy who won 10 battle or so instantly unlocking the ability to tell what to do other lords like summoning them to where i am yet alone being in my army.
Increasing influence does not require roleplay. Killing bandits, fighting armies, these are what every player do in their every gameplay anyway. But in Warband, I had to roleplay an honorable guy or dishonorable guy to convince a lord what to do. In Bannerlord, I just had to kill sufficient amount of looters to tell what to do to a party leader who belongs to the clan whose tier is 5-6.

Hell, as a vassal of Khuzait, I can go to Vlandia and kill bandits there and with the influence I gained I can summon Mesui to my army. It is just not making any sense and it defies common sense.
Why do you think its immersion breaking to have armies formed when a war is declared on you?
Nope, this is not the point I am making there. The point is which lord can form an army feels random, which lords be summoned to that army feels random.

Monchug staying in his castle and with the lords of the realm decided to declare war upon on Northern Empire. I opened the army menu and summoned a huge army including all of his clan members.

Monchug would be like "WTF, who the fck this new boy think he is, summoning all of my clan members to his army, my father ruled these steppes and long before his father and this new boy, out of nowhere, thinks he has a political power to summon my clan members to his army, hunt down this fcker and bring his head to me, I have a good spike for it"

This is the most sensible thing to do for Monchug when I do this in the game. Because where do I get this political power, hunting down bandits, winning battles? These are what every other lords do anyway.

For me to be able to pull off this kind of stunt in Warband, I first have to get the approval of the faction leader. This is how was in history and this is way more sensible and common sense than to current system we have.

Duh, good morning/afternoon!

Hope you had a good weekend

In the future will we get more sigils to make the banners, or be able to customized a bit more? I mean like some clans there's in game, look at the sigil of Seripides and Argoros, would be nice if we could combine elements on our banners or be able to replicate some, like putting three lions, three dogs, an eagle inside the laurel wreath.. I always wanted make a sigil like the sun with laurel wreath fromt he Seripiteds clan, i find amazing. Since we can't be adopted inside the clan or married into it.

One things could be think off...and that's an idea I had for the game while playing The Guild 3. You can marry members of your family inside your dynasty or outside, like when making the agreement you can choose which clan the descendants will be.
It'd be nice if we could the same on Bannerlord, oh, and of course adoption as well. Sandbox i believe would be easier to do this since you start as single son/daughter. The campaign would be challenging i guess unless adoptions were in place or we could integrate inside a clan by marriage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom