What has happened to sieges since last update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Have given up on assaulting towns since the last update, unless the defending force is small enough to be overwhelmed in a single rush.

Am not sure what is going on, but my troops keep abandoning siege towers or ignoring ladders, and just standing around in front of the walls getting shot to pieces, and reinforcements seem to be arriving very slowly, and only in small batches, so even if you have a huge army all that happens is they get frittered away a few at a time.

Why? This didn't used to be the case.

I realise it's just a game, but Taleworlds seem to make tweaks that are absurdly counterintuitive and illogical sometimes.

I don't know about this because I don't use siege towers. But I claimed about 1.5 factions of land in 1.8 using a strong ranged force and no siege gear, just place a group in front of each ladders, close enough that siege weapons can't get them and then separate a small group of 20 guys and seek em at the door and race to see if the ranged kills everyone on the walls before they break the door down. You have to re-seek them on the second door though.

defensive seiges have issues as well. Units getting stuck on the spawn and not going to defensive positions seems common.
Worst of all, if the player tries to stand on the wall and use a bow, the allied units will literally push you off the walls and down onto the ground outside the castle walls.

Absolutely, defending a fortress/town has become a complete waste of time - troops running backwards and forwards and going nowhere (again, we've been here before and it was supposed to be fixed), and not even defending themselves, or attempting to retreat, whilst being shot, or hacked down! Yes, have also had the 'shoved off the wall' experience, by troops shuffling around and not using their weapons, or shields.

Last attempt, as an attacker, the defender's 'catapults' (ludicrously, insanely - Warhammer like - over-powered by the way - very much like cannon, but completely out of 'era' - if that was reality, who would have bothered with missile troops armed with bows and crossbows (and later muskets) to defend walls?!) massacred my advancing troops, and then destroyed both siege towers and the ram when they were at the walls and crowded with troops - not sure how they're supposed to do that, but hey, it's a game. The few survivors of the first wave fled (while my character fought on and got shot down), then my army sent a few skirmishing archers forward (slowly) in dribs and drabs to stand in the open in front of the walls and get massacred, whilst the rest of the army just stood in lines in the open, a little furth back and got blasted by the defender's 'catapults' - no attempt to break through the inner gates, or scale the walls with ladders - nope, just stood there and shuffled a little as they got shot!

What has happened to sieges?! What has happened to this game? The game is currently unplayable (again) and no update in sight on this. Loved the original Mount and Blade, it was so well thought out, engrossing, charming, and atmospheric, the NPCs had memorable personalities, there was actually some kind of 'romance' involved with wooing a spouse, and it actually felt 'medieval'(ish).

I was excited by the prospects for Bannerlord since it was first touted, and love the idea of a post-'Roman' Empire setting, very Byzantine. I've put up with the many (many) flaws and weaknesses, and the incredible mind numbing tedium of playing Bannerlord since day one because I thought the prospects were good, and it could only get better, and better, with (I hoped) a bit more emphasis on the roleplaying elements ('Rogue' events/quests/skills? Social interactions with NPCs? 'Mercenary' options? 'Feasts'? Host your own tournaments? Trade? etc... SO MUCH potential, just ignored) but that was (literally) years ago now, and it's apparently going backwards - I have to say, in all seriousness, has the project been abandoned?

You know what? I'm finally done, the straw has broken the camel's back, and these last few sessions (I'm a hard working, family man, I need to set aside scarce and valuable time for this) have ruined it for me, I've got more important things to do with my life, so Bannerlord is being deleted to make room for something a little more enjoyable/playable. Good luck with the game.

Back
Top Bottom