EU Native Battle Completed Plans for the future tournament

Which Format?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

RonnyJonny

Sergeant at Arms
Plans for the future tournament
As the Warband Ladder League has just ended and since there will probably be no one else to host one, I thought I will take matters into my own hands and host the next tourney.
I ve thought about what format I want to choose for the upcoming tourney and come to the conclusion, that there are only 3 viable options:
An 8v8 ladder format
A 6v6, Division or ladder format
(depending on teams that sign up) or
A Fantasy League

I couldn t deciede decisively, seeing that all of them are definitely viable options so I would like to know what the mood of the Bladers is like right now.
There is a poll in which everyone has 2 votes.

Please dont ****post, e.g.:
"haha everyone who votes for 6v6 is retard"
and dont beef, i will be deleting unreasonable posts, so that theres only important stuff.
This Thread is only for arguments, which also means that if Option A has 80 votes and Option B has 70, A doesnt automatically win.
The vote is just a quick way to view your guys desires.

The important question is, which also deciedes which format i will choose, which format accomplishes the best balance and attracts the most players.

if ur gonna do a ladder league i recommend using a similar format to the one i used in the mercs tourney, no rematches, BP, etc

summer break then 8v8 (with maxxio banned from making teams)

edit: im not biggest fan of fantasy league but if u want to host one, then it should have take place after summer definitelly.

Last edited:
summer break then 8v8 (with maxxio banned from making teams)

edit: im not biggest fan of fantasy league but if u want to host one, then it should have take place after summer definitelly.
++ pls dont waste summer break, last summer we played FL and it wasnt great imo

The last fantasy league played well. Was very good teams and competition where everyone has a chance to win unlike 8 vs 8 where its usually just 2 teams. I think a change to making it a fantasy league is for the best.

poll probably doesnt make sense, it should say 6v6 team tournament, 8v8 team tournament, 6v6 fantasy league, 8v8 fantasy league or JUST team tournament / fantasy league without specifying numbers, because right now you are splitting the vote which makes it seem like people prefer a fantasy league over a team tournament when really people that prefer team tournaments are just split between 8v8 and 6v6

poll probably doesnt make sense, it should say 6v6 team tournament, 8v8 team tournament, 6v6 fantasy league, 8v8 fantasy league or JUST team tournament / fantasy league without specifying numbers, because right now you are splitting the vote which makes it seem like people prefer a fantasy league over a team tournament when really people that prefer team tournaments are just split between 8v8 and 6v6
There literally is no reason to host a 6v6 fantasy leauge. Because the player signups are always way bigger than the captain sign ups and 6v6 fantasy league just wouldn't have enough captains. I'm sure Ronny is taking the split of 6v6 and 8v8 on the clan tourney thing into account.
During summer a lot of people will be gone throughout the tourney, so a more casual tourney (fantasy league) could be a good option Imo.

fantasy league format is one of the easiest ways to ensure there wont be stacked teams imo, just dont allow people who didnt sign up on time to join in if a team lacks players

There literally is no reason to host a 6v6 fantasy leauge. Because the player signups are always way bigger than the captain sign ups and 6v6 fantasy league just wouldn't have enough captains. I'm sure Ronny is taking the split of 6v6 and 8v8 on the clan tourney thing into account.
During summer a lot of people will be gone throughout the tourney, so a more casual tourney (fantasy league) could be a good option Imo.
Yea i didn't realise u could vote for both 8v8 ansld 6v6 - makes more sense then

fantasy league format is one of the easiest ways to ensure there wont be stacked teams imo, just dont allow people who didnt sign up on time to join in if a team lacks players
You clearly haven't played many fantasy league's. There are tons of drop outs everytime. Because their team isn't performing well or simply because they decide to be little *****es about it. If that happens it usually happens with multiple people on the same team and of course these free slots have to be filled by new players to ensure that the team can still play and that the tourney can keep going. Just replacements always have to be fair and reasonable. They always have to be either equally good or if that isn't possible a little worse, never better in terms of skill. In that case it should always be the person that fits to the team best, looking at past mercs fantasy league's there were admins who were good at it and a little biased admins :smile:
That's why it's a casual summer tourney.

@V1ncent oh yeah I didn't realise, you can see who voted so Ronny will have to delete those people that voted multiple times.

Im not sure about FL but if you wanna host a FL just dont do it like last one,sum players just want to see their price.I mean tiered randomised teams better than money ****.

Back
Top Bottom