Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a question about the new reinforcements deployment system. anyone had a chance of testing it? does it work?
At least I haven't seen a situation when enemy soldiers spawn behind my troops...

But in sieges they still spawn very close to my soldiers even when the walls are taken/destroyed and mo troops are on the streets. Makes no sense to me, they should spawn somewhere on a city square or something when enemy is close to their initial spawn points.

haha, I didn't really liked the old system that much. But I agree with the sentiment that arranging a marriage should be more than pass a RNG check.
I am for what MostBlunted and Lesbosisles are suggesting: There should be clear conditions, so you can work your way towards it.
examples:
- you should own a town before you can marry into a high tier clan.
- you should own a castle before you can marry into a middle tier clan
- high relations with the clan
- have a curtain amount of money (not payment, but as proof that you can provide for your family)
- capture a noble from an opposing faction (from target clan) to prove you are a capable warrior.
- etc:
+1 to these suggestions. They can just manage relationships as quests with these gates, similar to the beginning quest of needing X renown/gold/companions/etc.

With that in mind it should be possible to marry into the leader of a Kingdom to combine them - I've gotten to T5 clan status as an independent kingdom and it just turns into a massive slog, would be a fun option for Integration.

Also good enough reason to allow us to marry companions, though we can sort of do that now by promoting them to nobility.

Typing it out really highlights how hollowed out the marriage system is. I didn't like the Warband mechanism of hunting down poets, but at least it felt more rewarding and you could do it with a Claimant as well for some 4D chess gunboat diplomacy.

+1 to these suggestions. They can just manage relationships as quests with these gates, similar to the beginning quest of needing X renown/gold/companions/etc.

With that in mind it should be possible to marry into the leader of a Kingdom to combine them - I've gotten to T5 clan status as an independent kingdom and it just turns into a massive slog, would be a fun option for Integration.

Also good enough reason to allow us to marry companions, though we can sort of do that now by promoting them to nobility.

Typing it out really highlights how hollowed out the marriage system is. I didn't like the Warband mechanism of hunting down poets, but at least it felt more rewarding and you could do it with a Claimant as well for some 4D chess gunboat diplomacy.
Another suggestion:
I don’t mind the dialogue, but there should be a way to find out the characters traits by talking to other npc’s. With these traits you can deduct what kind of answers would be required. After choosing the right answers and fulfilling other requirements the other party agrees to the marriage. At the moment you could say anything just to pass the check, you are never called out on your bull****. I hope there will be a system that checks your traits with your answers. (You would think the other party also does a background check on you). If you get married, but after a while your actions become much different than what you initially answered, I hope there will come a message from your partner saying that you are not the person they thought you would be. This could just be flavour text, or could have consequences like decreased pregnancy chance.

Hotfix 16/06/22

Singleplayer​

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused Notables to join tournaments.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crafting pieces to reset after save/load.
GOAT
Thanks for the quick smithing fix! Finally I can start a new campaign :grin:

Well, you guys fixed the decals missing after you put any mod above the native ones in 1.7.2
BUT in e1.8.0 this problem still exist!!! Decals still not showing after putting any mod above the native!

I'm still interested in those 4 new battle maps... Has anyone discovered at least one of them yet? :grin: Been desperately trying to find them, but, alas...

Hey, devs, care to share with us what are those 4 new battle maps? :grin:

I noticed mention of traits a few times in the patch. Are these now working?
I don't think so, the wording sounds more like heroes get equipment based on their traits, children gain traits periodically, and companions were given different traits - but there doesn't seem to be any changes to the mechanics of traits themselves.

Last I checked:

* None of the traits except potentially Valor appear to change lords' behaviour in any noticeable way.
* All positive/negative traits are either difficult or impossible for the player to gain except for Valor and Honor. Eg: Mercy is only gained through a couple of quests, and Impulsive trait doesn't seem to be possible to gain.
* Executing people decreases Honor stat, and so makes the player "Deceitful" rather than "Sadistic" like it should.
* Releasing prisoners doesn't seem to increase Mercy trait.
* Keeping your troops well paid and fed doesn't seem to increase Generosity trait.
* Companion Traits don't do anything except Sadistic and Merciful.

Some of these I've observed myself, and some of these are from other people's testing attempting to gain various traits that might be outdated now. But since 1.5.8 I haven't seen any changes to traits.

pffft.
Pommels. It would be nice if all pommels unlocks would work on all weapons types. Why i have to unlock the very same weapon part but for a several different weapon types?
I also have to unlock "none" for each of them.
That is just silly.

I'm about 40 days in a new game and encountered a Sea Rider incursion
SJhI1MG.png

Not sure if this is intended or a bug. Those guys simply appeared after my return from Car Banseth back to Ocs Hall.

help!

campaign options are being RESET upon exit !!

restarting the game is defaulting to "freebooter" in my save, and i am no freebooter

I'm about 40 days in a new game and encountered a Sea Rider incursion
SJhI1MG.png

Not sure if this is intended or a bug. Those guys simply appeared after my return from Car Banseth back to Ocs Hall.
ive noticed that when you destory a camp all the bandits near by will move to the new one that appears havent followed one fully yet though as they ussually swarm me before i can follow them fully

I hope criminal empire features get added. It would be nice to be able to influence settlements loyalty somehow to incite rebellions, making it easier to get your first settlement without being a vassal, and also good reason to add some needed gameplay inside the towns.

Also, I noticed a vlandian lord in the town's keep with long woman dress O_O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom