Which Series of Old Games Have You Replayed During Bannerlord EA?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
For me the list is quite extensive:

1) The Witcher 1,2 and 3

2) Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim

3) Thief 1 Gold , Thief 2 and Thief Deadly Shadows

4) LA Noire

5) Dishonoured 1 and 2

6) Mafia 1 and 2

What about you?

(Not strictly about Bannerlord but I think the forum mods might allow some flexibility considering the extraordinary amount of waiting we have all done)

Skyrim and Enderal.

Enderal is not popular as much as it should be. It is a total conversion mod for Skyrim. The story takes place in its own universe, it has nothing to do with TES lore. There is so much WTF moments in the story. I totally recommend it.

... warband mods
Prophesy of Pendor remains a blast, and Brytenwalda, even as broken as it is, it's still has a mystic to it I wished Bannerlord had :/

Mass Effect 1-3 and Andromeda (partly). State of Decay 1-2. Next are the Fallouts, because I can't even look at Skyrim anymore from overplaying it.

Warhammer Vermintide 2. It has deep and very satisfying melee mechanics. But unlike BL, it's not a simulation.
Deep Rock Galactic
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Sea of Thieves
XCOM, XCOM2
Iron Danger
Far Cry Primal
Dishonored 2 and The Death of the Outsider
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dark Mod
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Skyrim
City of Brass

Not really coming back to "old" games but I keep playing the following:
Ghostreckon Breakpoint
Hell Let Loose
And recently started Warhammer 40k Gladius

For old-old games? Legend of Mana, Tactics Ogre, FFTA, Paper Mario, FF7, settlers 3 n 4, aoe2
For less old games I've re-played Oblivion, Darks souls series, Darkest Dungeon,
For newer games I played Elden Ring, wargroove, aoe4, and I've dabbled in wartales, solista and tiny metal but not played that much.
I'm kind of picky and would rather re-play something familiar then try new things for the most part. In fact even now I want to play Legend of Mana, Tactics Ogre, FFTA again (-_-;

I've been playing a lot of old Warband mods (including TLD), as well as mods for original M&B (such as Eagle and the Wolves - a post-Roman Brittania mod), with a couple of campaigns in Hearts of Iron III (IV doesn't interest me) and Europa Universalis III mixed in.

Recently, I decided to try Kenshi, and am liking it a lot so far, despite its clunky interface. It seems to include a lot of settlement and construction features which go a bit beyond what I had hoped to see in Bannerlord, but lacks the FPP experience of the M&B games. Combine the best features of that and Warband and you'd have what I'd consider the perfect game. As is, each alone feels like an incomplete experience.

Unfortunately, I've seen FAR too much of Morrowind to go back to it; it's all too familiar after something like 10,000+ hours over more than a decade, and I burned out on Oblivion in one play-through and never want to see it again, since it lacked just about everything that I liked about Morrowind.

i used to play a lot of warband when i was younger, and i mean A LOT
i've been burnout of gaming lately but there was a problem with the electric company and i had no energy for 12 days
when i got my energy back i was so hyped to play, i downloaded warband again and played over 50 hours in 3 days man that game is still rock solid i cant believe how good it is for a game that came out so long ago

im currently trying to take over swadia, they are resisting but i wont rest until all their villages are burned, their lands salted and all swadian lords are my prisioners

theres a long time i dont **** up my sleep schedule due to a game being so good, now i remember why it was my favourite for years
unfortunately no more multiplayer tho but tbh im having more fun in campaign then i've ever had

Warband, naturally.
I've been trying to get into Pendor and Perisno and some of the other fantasy-saturated mods for a change. The decision to put ridiculously over-equipped enemies into early game missions has been testing my patience though. Regular bandit hideout, I think, what could go wrong? I couldn't get sniped from across the scene by an axe-throwing mother****ing heretic magnus, could I? Maybe I'm just misremembering but the hideout party feels like it's much more randomly chosen than native, so I'd just keep getting bloody peasant women and ladies in waiting instead of actual top tiers. Oh well, I've been running a more diplomatic-mercantile character lately since my pc's started to have performance issues anyway, even though the capabilities of my high persuasion skill are greatly hindered by not being able to coerce the ruler into making political decisions... I'm starting to think PoP is overrated.
Warhammer Vermintide 2. It has deep and very satisfying melee mechanics. But unlike BL, it's not a simulation.
EXCUSE ME it's a state of the art rat-slaying simulator. But absolutely, VT combat is ridiculously addictive. I've always come back to it in between months and it's good to see they upped the difficulties somewhat. Before that Cataclysm and certain maps were the only actual challenges for maxed out chars.
I tried some Total War mods (for empire and napoleon) if there was time.
Absolutely. Dearth Mod for Napoléon and MK1212 for Attila. The 40x version of Darth Mod for me is canon Napoleon, where army sizes can get into tens of thousands; it's an incredible experience, hundreds of cannons shaking the earth - that immersion factor of sheer size!
Medieval Kingdoms 1212 is also the best French-clapping simulator after Medieval 2.
4) LA Noire
Played it for the first time actually but it was an unforgettable experience. For all its flaws, the ambition seeps through every single facet of gameplay and I may be biased in saying this as I'm a fan of the time and setting but it's just an insanely captivating journey all the way. So much so that it sent me on a noir binge of Chandler novels, Hawkins jazz pieces and movies like L.A. Confidential and The Maltese Falcon.

The decision to put ridiculously over-equipped enemies into early game missions has been testing my patience though.
The early game difficulty is a common complaint. Git gud.
Nah, just kidding. Ramping up the difficulty with few high tier troops in early game parties was not a very good decision, but it was driven by veteran players (looking for more challenge) who were most active and helpful on the mod board. It was a mistake IMO, because the silent majority are average players.
However, a difficult beginning may make you think more about tactics and assessing who to engage and who to avoid, if you were used to the simplicity of vanilla where these decisions were easier.
Once you progress past the early game noob barrier, there's a lot of options open to you and you can enjoy the mod in all its glory.

Absolutely. Dearth Mod for Napoléon and MK1212 for Attila. The 40x version of Darth Mod for me is canon Napoleon, where army sizes can get into tens of thousands; it's an incredible experience, hundreds of cannons shaking the earth - that immersion factor of sheer size!
Medieval Kingdoms 1212 is also the best French-clapping simulator after Medieval 2.
... so now i tried that Attila mod (1212), Attila quite new for me, but that mod must be :wink:

Back
Top Bottom