Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Like "she prefers a warrior", win 50+ battles or whatever to impress her. There are enough options TW could choose from. Random stuff just doesn´t make sense to me in this case.
Some logic and challenge in a marriage system, along with some conditions you should comply with, would've been really nice.

Right now, the system doesn't even have a basic logic. Like, why would anyone marry a representative of a poorest clan on Calradia which has not a single fief left? Yes, I'm talking about the de-jure destroyed factions with no fiefs and no means to reclaim them back, but their parties are still running around because some lord has given their leader a wife and they began to multiply...

Or why would ANY noble lord would let some no-name merc marry his daughter?

Or why would a lord who hates me with all his heart (-100) would let me marry his daughter?

Right now it has no logic or depth.

Some logic and challenge in a marriage system, along with some conditions you should comply with, would've been really nice.

Right now, the system doesn't even have a basic logic. Like, why would anyone marry a representative of a poorest clan on Calradia which has not a single fief left? Yes, I'm talking about the de-jure destroyed factions with no fiefs and no means to reclaim them back, but their parties are still running around because some lord has given their leader a wife and they began to multiply...

Or why would a lord who hates me with all his heart (-100) would let me marry his daughter?

bEoCoUsE iT iS LoVe
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of...

I thought the cutscenes would of been a waste of time for you to add TW and they would of not been any good , when you announced them a way back in a devblog.

But they look good and add more to the M&B experience. I will happily admit I was wrong. Good job TW.

Combat
  • Armour Effectiveness Improvements:
    • Reduced the armor coefficient from 100 to 50. In translation, 1 armour now provides 2 health points against blunt attacks.
    • Reduced blunt damage's pure damage coefficient from 1 to 0.4.
    • Increased additional armour effectiveness against blunt damage from 0 to 0.25.
    • These changes increase the effectiveness of mid to late game armour against blunt damages to make it feel like a more meaningful investment.
So this is only singleplayer stuff?

I want an option to seduce and elope with noblewomen, but we'll never get proper dating sim elements :xf-cry:
At LEAST let me marry Rhagaea PLEASE GOD

I know that it is almost unreal from your side (because of rehandling the system) but I'll try.
Guys, please, return Warband system of picking equipment in MP. Because current implementation of it looks weird.

In Warband you can pick any part of your equipment. Helmet, weapon, boots and so on. Now you pick class and pick your armor like perks.
You could implement 3 (archer, infantry and rider) classes and then allow players to pick the part of equipment on its own. Whether it sword, helmet, shield or anything else.

The second thing would be items you can take and throw. For example, throwable stones, jugs of oil and so on. Why can't I pick it up if they are just lying on the ground? It looks super weird and please, fix it in the future. If you afraid of players will throw stones constantly then just implement that the stone is destroyed after the throw (to avoid the problem when player throw the same stone many times by hands).

Last edited:
it's called mount and blade bannerlord, not love&affairs: marriagelord.
Well there is one thing wrong with the name already because there are no banners in the game anyways.

What MostBlunted said, I'm not asking for a dating sim, but for the game to have some damn life, LIKE IT DID IN WARBAND MY DUDE

Well there is one thing wrong with the name already because there are no banners in the game anyways.

What MostBlunted said, I'm not asking for a dating sim, but for the game to have some damn life, LIKE IT DID IN WARBAND MY DUDE
I just want to sneak in with the handmaiden to meet my future wife and recite poetry I learned at the tavern a minute ago.

the performance improvements in 1.8.0 are AMAZING!

it has totally restored my faith in this game. i now feel it just might be ready by the end of next year if they keep this up.

i couldn't believe the difference was night and day suddenly the map navigation was smooth, the zooming and scrolling too.. i'm so stoked.

it's not the first time they've included "performance improvements" on their patch notes but that never really did anything for me until 1.8.0. so well done taleworlds!!

I just want to sneak in with the handmaiden to meet my future wife and recite poetry I learned at the tavern a minute ago.
haha, I didn't really liked the old system that much. But I agree with the sentiment that arranging a marriage should be more than pass a RNG check.
I am for what MostBlunted and Lesbosisles are suggesting: There should be clear conditions, so you can work your way towards it.
examples:
- you should own a town before you can marry into a high tier clan.
- you should own a castle before you can marry into a middle tier clan
- high relations with the clan
- have a curtain amount of money (not payment, but as proof that you can provide for your family)
- capture a noble from an opposing faction (from target clan) to prove you are a capable warrior.
- etc:

With the current system of receiving a random fief this would've brought more pain rather than a feeling of "life" into a game.

haha, I didn't really liked the old system that much. But I agree with the sentiment that arranging a marriage should be more than pass a RNG check.
I am for what MostBlunted and Lesbosisles are suggesting: There should be clear conditions, so you can work your way towards it.
examples:
- high relations with the clan
- have a curtain amount of money (not payment, but as proof that you can provide for your family)
- capture a noble from an opposing faction (from target clan) to prove you are a capable warrior.
- etc:
Right! There are so many options the game already offers and every single one of them is better than praying to rng jesus (or to just save scum).

Stuff like this also makes the world more alive.

Right! There are so many options the game already offers and every single one of them is better than praying to rng jesus (or to just save scum).

Stuff like this also makes the world more alive.
In Warband, marriage didn't really matter - but in BL it's pretty much a requirement for long playthroughs (as intended vs disabling death).
Right now, it's just a couple interview questions and bam, you can marry; but I think, if you fail, you cannot attempt with same individual again (hence the save scumming - as that is a stupid implementation otherwise). No need to really work on the clan/relation aspect either (afaik) whereas in Warband, believe you had to have a certain threshold of +relation.
And even if you do manage to get high relation with prospective wife/husband (from quests, etc...), it resets once you marry and is a lot more difficult to get it back up as it's only through those ****ty boardgames or stalking their created party to 'assist' in battles where you can gain it. Though understand that is more 'RP' aspect as has no practical function but is what gives the world a sense of life; which is what so many aspects of BL is missing.

I don´t know if caravans are really "better" now but they get captured as fast as before, so now you even lose more money (15.000).

So still not worth the risk compared to workshops and the companion slot they use.

We need the option to manage their troops or they stay useless forever I guess.
my testing showed the opposite - Both profits and survivability is up

Back
Top Bottom