Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Devs great progress with character development, just a couple of small tweaks that would make it near perfect!

-Add dice to randomize clan name like we have for the first name
-Allow us to pick our starting home town based on the culture you pick
-Allow us to pick horse color
-Add the option to change the appearance of companions/family

Clan Name -While this is a huge improvement from from what we had it would be nice have a random list that we can go through until we find a suitable one.

Starting Home Town - The player should be able to pick this as it will be listed as the player home and parents home, it could just be a simple drop down menu that list the 5-7 towns based on the culture you pick. This is a must for role playing immersion.

Horse Color - It is crazy that the color of the horse that is generated in character creation is the horse color that you are stuck with the entire game, at least let the player choose this if we stay with this system. Maybe there can be the option to go to the horse trader to change the color of your horse as well.

Change NPC Appearance - It would be nice to be able to change your parents/brothers appearance in character creation. Even if it is a dice to re-roll what is generated which is usually terrible it would be a nice addition. Additionally it would be nice to be able to change family and companions appearance as well.

Character Creation Bug: The character creation use Bani for the Aserai clan name, it should be Banu to match the game.

Last edited:
Just my personal preference / assessment of this particular topic.
please lobby for it
i chased a Wanderer from the most western town to the top most North eastern town , he teleported there in a day
i wanted him as a governor so the new assignment is very very nice and the 4 days it took him to get to the town is realistic,
but
i unassigned him and assigned him again ind it took again 4 days
there wasnt even a minuit so he could not go far

the changing of party leaders worked nice took an hour to swap they both were in the same city

idea is that battania is the oldest empire still standing, and their towns and stoneworks are remants of the past and some towns are build on and amongst the ruins, while castles are much easier to build most of them are fresh settlements and few of them are earthen ramps at low wall levels.

I had the same feeling when visiting Battania, which is why I for one find their cities and entire estetic amazing. I actually like the large rocky castles contrasting with the more downbeat villages, castles and workshops.

I think not all the cutscenes are shared completely:

Edit: Nah.. Not completely, my bad. Even this one doesn't have all of them. (Different birth scene for female MC and something more etc. afaik)

Last edited:
I think not all the cutscenes are shared completely:

Edit: Nah.. Not completely, my bad. Even this one doesn't have all of them. (Different birth scene for female MC and something more etc. afaik)

Can't wait for coronation and the crowns we have in game start being meaningful S2

The cutscene i felt missing is the: Empire of Calradia reunited or End of the Civil war

Duh... I know we all past this point, but something that bothers me while i was playing... when some fief/province/cozy home rebels. The clan that rebel sometimes comes with a weird name: "Alary's clan, Urios' Clan"... or am i being impatient and they decide the name of the family when they are recognized as a formal lord?
Naw they stay as "Alary's clan, Urios' Clan" even when they become recognized as a formal lord and join a kingdom. Would be cool if they adopted a factions naming convention when they join their first kingdom.

Also @Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun could you guys spawn them with a female or two, maybe even as husband and wife so that they can start to reproduce. These clans never seem to marry and will eventually die out if they don't have a way to replenish the clan. Could even go so far to add a child or two to the clan so it doesn't take 18+ years to replenish.

pssst, this is a feature.
buying yourself a spouse is the most medieval thing you can do.
Yeah a boring one, specially because it's poorly made, you can get married in an insta second, and you pay like what, 4k denars? Low level armour costs that lmao, besides there's barely a benefit to it to both parties. Lords give their children to anyone these days lmao

Yeah a boring one
dunno the "romantic" way is also totally frustrating
iE i talked to Ira and the first 3 questions where all fine
i came back a few days later and she told me that most people think we are a good match
the first 2 questions i aswered to her liking
the last one she told me she had "plans" and i promised her to help to fulfill them .... BAM critical failure ...
so i never can talk to her again
i got to her mother and 37k and all the horses and stuff i had didnt even move the barter bar

many savescum to get the lady they want
i did not , i paid 27k for another one

I said this 5059272 times:
The wedding scene isn't lifeless itself, it's the context around it what it is. A wedding should be accompanied with a feast and a preparation, and it should take in game months to actually convince a lady to marry, not to mention convincing the lord too, I made this point several times but I guess the devs are busier answering troll threads
I think you're hoping for way too much.

In order to have an actual Wedding this is what would need to happen:

• Kingdoms would need to stop declaring war (so Towns don't flip)
  • Lords and Player all travel to a designated Town over several days (messing up where troops are located)
  • Then presumably stay there for a day or longer

That would completely break the game as is. Whole game conceptually would have to be overhauled to make actual Feasts/Marriages possible. Though that probably wouldn't be a bad thing, since this game is a Military Industrialist's dream i.e. kill each other, wait a bit, then kill each other some more!

Alternatively you could have some kind of chapels/sacred grounds for these things, probably easier to implement, but don't see it happening now.

I'm happy with the implementation of cutscenes as is (though a few seem to have some graphical glitches). They at least add some life/weight to the game's events.

Honestly what really needs work at this point is the character interactions themselves. Companions/Nobles are basically warband leaders, and nothing more. Other then actions taken directly against/for them they don't react to what you (other then some very select scenarios). If you have a Merciful Lord in your Army and you continue to Devastate Towns, not only should you lose relations, but they should protest your actions - even leave your Army. I mean the whole Trait System serves no real purpose, which just baffles me to it's inclusion.

Courtship should be a little more involved then simply getting "lucky" with Charm skill checks on the exact same dialogue every time. The dialogue should be much more dependent on the NPC being courted. Picking the right options based on the NPC and building up your relationship is what you should be aiming to do. That or just buy them from their Dad - because that's quite the medieval thing to do. Although even with the Father/Clan Leader there should be some negotiation. Clan Leaders should be very stingy about marrying off their clan members, but they should (generally) be happy to receive a new daughter-in-laws/son-in-laws to strengthen their Clan.

• Lords and Player all travel to a designated Town over several days (messing up where troops are located)

That would completely break the game as is. Whole game conceptually would have to be overhauled to make actual Feasts/Marriages possible. Though that probably wouldn't be a bad thing, since this game is a Military Industrialist's dream i.e. kill each other, wait a bit, then kill each other some more!
Except none of that is necessary?
In Warband (the prequel, I recommend playing it if you haven't specially the mods, they go an extra mile where bannerlord doesn't, despite the not so good looking combat) the Lady's father/brother tells you to wait a couple of days for the wedding/weeks, and when there is a free time the wedding is ready and the lords that are available to assist, just go there, war or not, and the game works perfectly fine.
TLDR: the feature literally exists in Warband without an issue.

Warband is like
IZXNxtkO1OU.jpg

Yeah a boring one, specially because it's poorly made, you can get married in an insta second, and you pay like what, 4k denars? Low level armour costs that lmao, besides there's barely a benefit to it to both parties. Lords give their children to anyone these days lmao
it's called mount and blade bannerlord, not love&affairs: marriagelord.

Nobody wants a dating sim but the marriage "system" is just plain stupid at the moment.

It shouldn´t only be about some random stuff but about things like your relation/reputation/clan level or whatever.

I would prefer a system that clearly says you can marry XYZ or you can´t depending on whatever stuff that you can influence in the world.

Like "she prefers a warrior", win 50+ battles or whatever to impress her. There are enough options TW could choose from. Random stuff just doesn´t make sense to me in this case.

@TaleWords
Can i respec husband or wife? because i looks like i can't.

"You can now reset your character's and companion's perk assignments through the arena master for a suitable price."

But it looks like i can't do that with nobles.

Back
Top Bottom