1.8.0 Player feedback thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it would be good to have clan parties sell their prisoners at the tavern when you enter, like in previous versions. Now, in your fiefs they seem to put them in the dungeon, which if it over fill the dungeon causes prisoners to discarded over time. I like to use the prison to store useful prisoners to recruit and many got deleted because my clan mates put stuff in the dungeon instead of selling it to the tavern. I didn't understand for sometime that they were not selling them unfortunately.

Overall 1.8.0 improved the game a lot but that´s what I´ve expected after 3 months. Not a single crash yet but I haven´t a lot of crashes before even mods.

It´s a step in the right direction and I hope they continue this way and that we don´t have to wait 3 months again for a patch like this. A lot of those small things (recall companions) improve the overall gameplay a lot.

1.8.0 is undoubtedly a step in the right direction. I especially liked the part about mods.
But it still wasn't enough to make me reinstall the game. Feasts and improved minor factions would definitely make me come back.

The changes to leadership and scouting exp gain is really useful and lets them build up consistently in the early game. Noble bows are down to 31k, very nice price for a quality weapon. The Imperial Caravan Guard is a mounted crossbow unit, very fun and powerful! Cut scenes are fun and bring more personality to the game and your clan. The ability for multiple armies to team up to siege is very impressive and intimidating. More to come when I get to mid game.
Hi Ananda
I started a new single player campaign game yesterday ( after 18 months away ) to check out the heralded 1.8 improvements ( Steam " recent download 09 Jun " ).
It says 1.7.2 on launch but that is just the " stable " label, right ( ie the beta stuff is " quietly " in there; or have I missed something )?
But one detail I notice - I see noble bows cost 137,000, not your " 31,000 " above ......... so what exactly might be going on here ?
I now suspect I am in just a I.7.2 game after all. How can this be ?

Last edited:
You have to choose the 1.8.0 beta in steam game settings menu. Otherwise it won´t update to 1.8.0.
Thanks MostBlunted.
Obviously I thought it was all " standard " in each download.
I will have to have a look at the " Steam game settings menu ".
If I select that option now does it " beta update " the game I started yesterday, so I don't have to start a new one ?

Savegames should be compatible, but I would advise you to start a new save game after updating to 1.8.0 to prevent issues.

Steam settings, right click on Bannerlord (example for a different game, but the menu is the same, just choose the 1.8.0 beta):

mIa5myg.png

Bannerlord always only updates to the latest stable release which is 1.7.2 for now. You always have to opt in to the newest beta after a new beta release. But no worries, won´t happen that fast again.

Savegames should be compatible, but I would advise you to start a new save game after updating to 1.8.0 to prevent issues.

Steam settings, right click on Bannerlord (example for a different game, but the menu is the same, just choose the 1.8.0 beta):

mIa5myg.png

Bannerlord always only updates to the latest stable release which is 1.7.2 for now. You always have to opt in to the newest beta after a new beta release. But no worries, won´t happen that fast again.
Many thanks, again.
I just now downloaded and installed the 1.8 beta. Now I know.
Back in my game, noble bows are 31,000 now.
But as you advise I will start a new game anyway ( nothing much to lose ! )

Hi Ananda
I started a new single player campaign game yesterday ( after 18 months away ) to check out the heralded 1.8 improvements ( Steam " recent download 09 Jun " ).
It says 1.7.2 on launch but that is just the " stable " label, right ( ie the beta stuff is " quietly " in there; or have I missed something )?
But one detail I notice - I see noble bows cost 137,000, not your " 31,000 " above ......... so what exactly might be going on here ?
I now suspect I am in just a I.7.2 game after all. How can this be ?

mIa5myg.png

+? ???

People don't understand the value of feasts. It meant the game had a little more life, Bannerlord could be an average RTS at this point, just kill troops against NPCs, no RPG elements, nothing interesting outside of combat. Feasts were part of the bigger side of the RPG game, it meant the lords had a life and it simulated (at least in a vert small portion) a medieval life. It were just interesting, small details that made the game feel whole.
Agreed , feasts added another layer , a reason to continue.

Also good was buying a round for everyone in the tavern to increase relations with the town (in Bannerlord it could increase relation with notables, and increase loyalty if you are the owner)

You are also right. But i think they shouldnt 'add' feasts they should study why it is wanted. And then they should add features that improves uppon that idea. For example instead of saying 'feasts are mising', saying 'immersive rpg elements are missing' is better.
While I agree with this, there are some dense mofos out there.

Players were making comprehensive lists of everything this game was missing from Warband, and often times over half of the list were bullet points that had functional replacements in Bannerlord already.

But absolutely I agree that elements of immersion and interaction with the world are what we want/need in general. And when we get them, TW needs to resist pushing all of that stuff into the menus.

One easy thing TW can do is have the board games do something more. Grant a few tactics experience everytime you play to both players, so playing a game with your brother boosts both of your tactics. Even 5 to the winner and 2 to the loser (before multipliers) would be something. Also, have it increase your relationship with that person. The systems are already in place, they just need to DO something.

Back
Top Bottom