In Progress [1.8.0.] Vassals randomly leaving kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Since 1.8.0, vassals seem to randomly leave the kingdom despite high relations and fiefs.
How to Reproduce: Wait enough time and vassals will eventually defect to other factions. I have three saves with all fiefs under my kingdom/faction. In 1.7.2, years would pass without issue with vassals, but after switching to 1.8.0, random clans start leaving within a few days or weeks for no clear reason. Clans usually defect to a faction we're at war with, not at peace.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats or mods.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
GPU Driver Version: 22.5.2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB

Summary: Since 1.8.0, vassals seem to randomly leave the kingdom despite high relations and fiefs.
How to Reproduce: Wait enough time and vassals will eventually defect to other factions. I have three saves with all fiefs under my kingdom/faction. In 1.7.2, years would pass without issue with vassals, but after switching to 1.8.0, random clans start leaving within a few days or weeks for no clear reason. Clans usually defect to a faction we're at war with, not at peace.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats or mods.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
GPU Driver Version: 22.5.2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB
+1

And even your promoted companions leave your faction.
The only solution against this is keeping the clan leaders in your army, because defection behavior is disabled, when the leader is in an army.

+1

And even your promoted companions leave your faction.
The only solution against this is keeping the clan leaders in your army, because defection behavior is disabled, when the leader is in an army.
Save scumming delays the defections for awhile, but it's annoying and not really a solution. Especially frustrating is when clans defect while I am leading an army doing a siege (against a town that also defected...) and suddenly my army is down by hundreds.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Thank you, I just sent the files. Sometimes the vassals start leaving within minutes, but sometimes it may take a week or two and then it tends to snowball.

This is a thing even on 1.7.1

You can have 100 relations with lords and give them fiefs, they still might leave your kingdom without any explanation.

At least for me, I've had clans leave in previous versions but those made more sense as the relation was low. After raising relations, everything was stable. With the new update though, clans just leave anyway.

Thank you for reporting this. I have had the same problem where I am ruler of Aserai kingdom and in 1.8 my vassals randomly leave despite high relations and having several fiefs.

I have submitted a ticket (twice accidently) on this issue with a save game, I will post my description and media it here for discussion.

Summary: My Vassal defect and join an enemy faction (taking fiefs) despite having max relations with me, having a fief and average or better wealth and the enemy being much weaker.
Version: 1.8.0 Beta
Is the game modded?: NO
How to Reproduce: I will upload a save from before the two events in the video happen. As it is a random roll for vassals to leave it may or may not happen again, or could be another vassal, but you can examine the condition of the vassals and see if this is appropriate. I will just say as a player I don't feel this is appropriate and there's not point to play the game if vassals leave this often for no reason.The clan in the video are Fairhairs Raiders and Boar Riders, but other clan may leave if you wait and see. The forum URL is somebody else topic but the same issue I report here. Have you used cheats and if so which: NO

I hope it isn't by design because it kinda ruins the point of conquering territory (which is the point of the game, isn't it?) if everyone is just gonna defect so easily.

This happened to me. I executed the defectors. Now, since I’ve lost all honor, I’m executing every enemy I capture and will give nothing to anybody. Little did they know that their betrayal would unleash the beast!

This happened to me. I executed the defectors. Now, since I’ve lost all honor, I’m executing every enemy I capture and will give nothing to anybody. Little did they know that their betrayal would unleash the beast!
If the victim is dishonorable, you lose no honor, but yes if a character takes some dishonorable actions against you, like raiding your villages, they should be free for execution.

sadly, it appears that clan leaders also leave you even if they are in your army. it just happened to me =(
i convinced th clan leader to join me again and he joined me for 45k. he had 2 settlements and i got them back to.
it seems like you dont need to pay for the settlements he owns while bartering.

sadly, it appears that clan leaders also leave you even if they are in your army. it just happened to me =(
i convinced th clan leader to join me again and he joined me for 45k. he had 2 settlements and i got them back to.
it seems like you dont need to pay for the settlements he owns while bartering.
if thats true then other kingdoms might not be paying much to get them away from you also making it so easy for the AI to steal clans

if thats true then other kingdoms might not be paying much to get them away from you also making it so easy for the AI to steal clans
I managed to clip the situation from the stream today. i dont think that the ai actually has to pay for joining vasalls period, but that is just a guess.
Look who left the army and who iam talking with here:

bartering is here:

aradwyr had 2 settlements at this time: rhemtoil and gersegos as far as i remember right. you can see the sign of aradwyrs clan on the top of rhemtoil

I managed to clip the situation from the stream today. i dont think that the ai actually has to pay for joining vasalls period, but that is just a guess.
Look who left the army and who iam talking with here:

bartering is here:

aradwyr had 2 settlements at this time: rhemtoil and gersegos as far as i remember right. you can see the sign of aradwyrs clan on the top of rhemtoil

what was clan wealth? Definitely looks like a bad code issue, someone entered a 0 or , or . in the wrong spot

what was clan wealth? Definitely looks like a bad code issue, someone entered a 0 or , or . in the wrong spot
the wealth was average. those clips where just to show that clanleaders in fact leave you while they are in an army and that settlements are not part of the bartering process anymore.
i dont know the code as iam not a developer myself. i can only observe what happens in the game. if you would ask me, it looks like that the clans leaving your kingdom behave like mercenaries. as soon as faction strength runs low in war, the ai tries to force get more strength to balance things to normal again.

i had a rich 99 relation 8 settlements clan leaving me to a non settlement kingdom - problem solved. such clans shouldnt be able to leave you at all.

Back
Top Bottom