Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope battanian towns will also get some love and will invest some denars into refurbishment and overall change of look from that fantasy post-apocaliptic LOTR appearance we have now. One would say that culture based on "Celts" would live in hillforts. Their cities are in general just an urban architect nightmare ?
Bro, i feel you. If you compare battanian cities with the other culture cities, they look like ****. Battanian have so nice music they need just better looking Cities.

A lot of issues with smithing. The way the pommels look on the 1 hand axes is laughable. Keep getting a notice
"Unlocked None part for Javelin" the way they are unlocking is making more of a grind then before...

Smithing is such a grind! That said one simple fix would be you get the parts unlocked for the weapons you smelt, this would be such a quality of life improvement to smithing imo. Even if you just get one of the parts, for example you buy a spear and smelt it the first unlock might be the shaft, the next time it might be the spear tip, and the third time you get the end cap.

I'd love see commanders and captains duels during battles, but that sounds more like "romance of three kingdoms" to me than anything else. don't take me wrong i'd love that, i find awesome, but game of thrones has more like western clashes of armies and accidentaly commanders found one another

It is just silly only the player has heroes in their ranks, adding a few named NPCs to the armies of Ai faction leaders wouldn't be that be of a deal. Some examples:

Leothold the Lion - One of the greatest knights in the Vlandian Kingdom that accompanies the King to battle and shows up in tournaments from time to time! This knights skills with a lance and sword are unparalleled and inspires the troops that are fighting near him.

Sorgard the Tall - This massive warrior is a terror on the battlefield with his great axe and men tremble at the sight of this monstrosity.

Kilhlem the Great - This mounted warrior is one of the best lancers the Aserai has ever produced, atop his famous mount Warwind he rides around the battlefield like a lighting bolt and strikes where he least is expected.

Those are just some examples but this would be a fun project creating the champions of Calradia, it would be cool that if you defeat these champions in battle that you get a unique item dropped as well. just a thought

Bro, i feel you. If you compare battanian cities with the other culture cities, they look like ****. Battanian have so nice music they need just better looking Cities.
The run-down state of Battanian cities is intentional from a lore perspective - Battania is a declining society which is too poor to build or repair new things and is slowly being conquered by its neighbours. By the time of Warband it has been destroyed completely with not a trace left. That's why all the buildings are collapsing, and why Battania has a cultural downside of slower project construction.

I do agree with @Brano though, that their cities are slightly too "high fantasy". Dunglanys, Marunath, Seonon and Pen Cannoc are too vertical and over-the-top, built on a mountain with colossally tall stone structures that look like Minas Tirith, which is cool but out of place. Car Banseth, on the other hand, is good, more realistic looking.

Not saying TW should change the existing cities, but when a new city scene is made for either Marunath or Seonon (as they both use the same scene) it would be nice if the last Battanian city looks more realistic, with lower stone structures and built on a hill rather than a mountain. A bit like these:

main-qimg-6961b27623f8842bc574c3140a4f14d5-c
brouiuh.jpg

Last edited:
Smithing is such a grind! That said one simple fix would be you get the parts unlocked for the weapons you smelt, this would be such a quality of life improvement to smithing imo. Even if you just get one of the parts, for example you buy a spear and smelt it the first unlock might be the shaft, the next time it might be the spear tip, and the third time you get the end cap.

It is just silly only the player has heroes in their ranks, adding a few named NPCs to the armies of Ai faction leaders wouldn't be that be of a deal. Some examples:

Leothold the Lion - One of the greatest knights in the Vlandian Kingdom that accompanies the King to battle and shows up in tournaments from time to time! This knights skills with a lance and sword are unparalleled and inspires the troops that are fighting near him.

Sorgard the Tall - This massive warrior is a terror on the battlefield with his great axe and men tremble at the sight of this monstrosity.

Kilhlem the Great - This mounted warrior is one of the best lancers the Aserai has ever produced, atop his famous mount Warwind he rides around the battlefield like a lighting bolt and strikes where he least is expected.

Those are just some examples but this would be a fun project creating the champions of Calradia, it would be cool that if you defeat these champions in battle that you get a unique item dropped as well. just a thought
already intrigued :smile: simple but effective

I've updated to 1.8 and I've checked the integrity of my files but it's still crashing to desktop. Something about not enough memory? I've never had memory issues before.

EDIT:

Sorry, not related. Had something else chewing up the memory. All good.

Last edited:
Hey, @Dejan with this update we've received a nice thing - a pop-up vassalage/mercenary and marriage offers from AI clans for the player.

I remember, someone here on the forums suggested a nice thing - offers from mercenary clans when player is a ruler. Something like:
"Hey, %PLAYERNAME%, we are %MINOR_FACTION_NAME% and we would like to offer you our services as a mercenaries in a currecnt war. With our men on your side your victory is assured!".

This would be so much better than chasing down a leader of a faction, who might be anywhere, while having your cities besieged and villages ravaged.

Maybe you could bring this up at one of your meetings? Seems like a nice QOL suggestion and really easy to implement, technically-wise.

The run-down state of Battanian cities is intentional from a lore perspective - Battania is a declining society which is too poor to build or repair new things and is slowly being conquered by its neighbours. By the time of Warband it has been destroyed completely with not a trace left. That's why all the buildings are collapsing, and why Battania has a cultural downside of slower project construction.

I do agree with @Brano though, that their cities are slightly too "high fantasy". Dunglanys, Marunath, Seonon and Pen Cannoc are too vertical and over-the-top, built on a mountain with colossally tall stone structures that look like Minas Tirith, which is cool but out of place. Car Banseth, on the other hand, is good, more realistic looking.

Not saying TW should change the existing cities, but when a new city scene is made for either Marunath or Seonon (as they both use the same scene) it would be nice if the last Battanian city looks more realistic, with lower stone structures and built on a hill rather than a mountain. A bit like these:

main-qimg-6961b27623f8842bc574c3140a4f14d5-c
brouiuh.jpg
exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for more elaborate description .
Just yesterday I managed to siege and take over Seonon from some goat-skull-with-horns rebel clan. That lords keep (I immediately named it Tower of Doom) doesnt even have bedroom for me and my wife ?

I'm not sure I understand this. So as I get more famous I get marriage requests for my self or my clan lakies? I've seen, the marriage proposals are only for you not married clan members - children, grand children, adopted, etc. Having a lot of them in a current playthrough.

From what I've seen, the marriage proposals are only for your not married clan memebers (children, grandchildren, borthers/sisters, etc.)

Tried waiting for a proposal for a PC, but received none in a year, so I guess the player himslef is still forced to chase down the potential spouse for a "job interview".

What do you think about the cut scenes? I´ve only seen marriage (after 316 save scumming reloads) and child birth (no reload because it was a son) and I don´t know but they feel lifeless for me. Still better than not having them of course but I guess I expected more.
To my taste, they really lack something. I expected them to be at least different for each faction (in details) - I mean, why does Sturgian wedding take place near an Imperial Aqueduk? Ideally, since the cutscenes are not that long, TW could've done unique scenes for some events, like accepting the vassalage proposal. But, in reality, they could've done this: the animations may be the same, but the surroundings should be different. Seeing a Sturgian/Aserai wedding in Imperial surroudings is strange and hits immersion hard.

Last edited:
Thanks for the enlightenment!
And that makes me loving this faction even more...

@TaleWords
Now guys, it would be nice if you would bring back console command which allows us to unlock all smithing parts.
I don't really have much time to play the game, so it is ok to grind through parts after each major update, but if i have several playthroughs, it's kinda annoying to repeat the process of grinding over and over again.

Also, nice update overall.

Is this beta having a lot of CTD?

The last time I played was around 1.4.x versions and the game run fine without many issues, I just tried again to check the new stuff and I am having a lot of CTD with a GPU related error, I have updated the controllers and checked the files but the error persist. Is it just me?

BTW I have seen in the encyclopedia filters for nords and other non existing factions, is there any announcement about them?

Last edited:
Is this beta having a lot of CTD?

The last time I played was around 1.4.x versions and the game run fine without many issues, I just tried again to check the new stuff and I am having a lot of CTD with a GPU related error, I have updated the controllers and checked the files but the error persist. Is it just me?

BTW I have seen in the encyclopedia filters for nords and other non existing factions, is there any announcement about them?
Played a lot in the last 3 days - not a single crash. Considering that I continue my playthgrough since 1.7.0, I'd say this beta is surprisingly stable.

* Melee cavalry miss 90% of the stab attacks they attempt, and only couch their lances in the specific situation of charging downhill.
* Troops vibrate at high speed like Radical Larry when fighting at close quarters.
* Spears don't exist in melee combat, troops only use them for fighting cavalry. When they do use them, they're super underpowered.
This is another thing that bothers me a lot!

In early medieval times you were not able to smelt the weapons in terms like to liquify iron and make ingots out of it. Bloom furnaces were not capable of that. What you were able to do as smith, was reforging, as example, broken or heavily dented sword into smtg smaller and simplier like knife, horseshoe or nails.

Even if we assume, that Calradian smithies already have blast furnaces, to "learn" new parts from smelting would be like learning to build snowman from water that is left out of him in spring ?

idea is that battania is the oldest empire still standing, and their towns and stoneworks are remants of the past and some towns are build on and amongst the ruins, while castles are much easier to build most of them are fresh settlements and few of them are earthen ramps at low wall levels.

As i understood from the lore, whatever that's on game, Battania is the few natives of the continent that after it got conquered by the Calradoi, name the continent after them (Calradia)
I hope eventually they can do something more tribal, specially if they expand more east the other tribes that the Khuzait separated from and be more nomads

idea is that battania is the oldest empire still standing, and their towns and stoneworks are remants of the past and some towns are build on and amongst the ruins, while castles are much easier to build most of them are fresh settlements and few of them are earthen ramps at low wall levels.
hi cuce,
I understand what lore is saying. Im ok with that. Battanians are just nowdays squatters ?. What I wanted to express, is that overall layout of much of their cities is unnecessarily cluttered, built on mountain tops, lacking basic "logic". Yesterday I found myself sweating instead of my avatar when he had to climb in Dunglanys to its higher levels ?

Back
Top Bottom