1.8.0 Player feedback thread

Users who are viewing this thread

So is that beta worth it to dw/install?
Does mod lile Party AI overhaul, Character Manager, still work?
Thanks for your reply :smile:

So is that beta worth it to dw/install?
Does mod lile Party AI overhaul, Character Manager, still work?
Thanks for your reply :smile:
Also curious about this, not home now but a few other mods I plan to check on:

RTS Camera
Xoberax's Legacy
Tournament overhaul mods
Bandit militias
Serve as soldier
Fourberie
Scaleable HP
Various armor mods - OSA, swadian armoury etc

Also curious about this, not home now but a few other mods I plan to check on:

RTS Camera
Xoberax's Legacy
Tournament overhaul mods
Bandit militias
Serve as soldier
Fourberie
Scaleable HP
Various armor mods - OSA, swadian armoury etc
Thanks for the mod names. Also plaaning to use more mods later but at the moment, with the frequent updates, I'm using a few mods to minimize my own updates :wink: - else Ilike well Diplomacy, Pregnancy Control, Righteous Executions, Caravans XP redux, and often look on nexus the existing/new mods :wink:

Thanks for the mod names. Also plaaning to use more mods later but at the moment, with the frequent updates, I'm using a few mods to minimize my own updates :wink: - else Ilike well Diplomacy, Pregnancy Control, Righteous Executions, Caravans XP redux, and often look on nexus the existing/new mods :wink:
That's my pared down list, I used to use 50+, but as you said it's a nightmare to keep operational with updates.

Reddit is my number one website, Bannerlord recent mods on Nexus js number two haha.

The changes to leadership and scouting exp gain is really useful and lets them build up consistently in the early game. Noble bows are down to 31k, very nice price for a quality weapon. The Imperial Caravan Guard is a mounted crossbow unit, very fun and powerful! Cut scenes are fun and bring more personality to the game and your clan. The ability for multiple armies to team up to siege is very impressive and intimidating. More to come when I get to mid game.

I think feasts will added with dlc. Probably with much more content. Except this i cant see any reason why they ignore so many requests about feasts.

I think the new army AI make the game pace a bit too fast and make defence battle a bit hopeless, maybe need some balance.

I did forget about Claimant Quests coming into the game as well.
If/when they do I hope it comes with nations having their own systems for legacy because it would be kind of underwhelming to help install a leader who then dies and gives leadership to just another clan like what usually happens in my games.

Thanks for the recall feature on NPCs. That's a significant improvement, but don't stop now!

Now please give us the following:

• A post office in every city. The PC can go there, pay to send a letter, specify where the letter should be delivered, and pick it up there. That would allow us to communicate more easily with NPCs and wouldn't break immersion in any way. (The fact that there's no post is itself immersion breaking).
  • The option - as a noble, mercenary, or ruler - to keep a messenger on staff. The messenger could track down the person you wish to speak to, get a reply, and bring it back to you. (So a post office, but more convenient). The messenger would have an upkeep cost that could just be part of your monthly expenses.
  • A "Summon vassal" option for rulers. If I'm the flippin' king you come to me when I tell you to and that's all there is to it.
Now a bit of a gripe -

If I'm understanding this correctly, you've made it harder and more time consuming to see if a village has a quest, and if so which one it is?

So you made companions more convenient but then balanced it by making quests a pain in the ass...? Why do you hate me?

This latest Beta patch was, IMO a step in the right direction, especially on the modding capability side. We got a re-worked economy, updated armor values and a ton of QOL updates to clan, party and army mechanics. Its not over yet as we are still missing some big "updates" to the game such as:

Feasts
Banners
Sally out Battles
Party Templates

I will say the MP side of things is still looking stale as the recent patch before this one still did not hash out the main issues plaguing that side of the game but at least on the SP side its looking good. The teams making Kingdoms of Arda and the Warhammer team just got a little pick me up from the update to the skeleton file. What do yall think as players?
It's a step in the right direction with a giant step backwards in another way. Just logged on this morning and all the Smithing parts I unlocked since I started my 1.80 campaign have disappeared. How does that even happen. That's never been an issue ever in any version of the beta. And suddenly there's a bug making my smithing unlocks reset.

Congrats. They did it to us again. Giant hand wave over on the right with great magic tricks while the left hand is holding the scalpel and slice our achilles' tendons. They nerfed smithing, which I don't mind. But they had to go and let a bug get in there that really makes singleplayer unplaybable for me. I like the smithing aspect of the game. So now I have no idea how far I'll end up getting into a game before this magic smithing reset happens. So why even start one.

It's always something with every fix. They always dazzle us with something, but stick it to us somewhere else. This is just ridiculous.

Many nice improvements, I have to say. The game seems to be slowly heading towards completion, but there are a few issues still lacking:
- diplomacy can still be beefed up, and perhaps better linked with intermarriage mechanics
- character interactions (a.t.m. you cannot even interact with your wife beyond "hello husband")
- more peacetime mechanics/activities/kingdom management (not necessarily feasts, but maybe stuff like Royal Council once in a blue moon)

Back
Top Bottom