Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems this new beta patch has some issues with keeping crafting unlocks between sessions. Started a new game, played a few hours, saved and exited the game - came back later to continue that save and all my unlocks where gone, but the skill progress itself is still the same. Now I have a skill 193 blacksmith without a single unlock... This is not an UI bug, as after crafting a few basic items, I unlocked a few of the same parts I had unlocked before. But all the rest is still missing.
Same thing with previous save games of that campaign play through, no matter which auto save/quick save I load. Anyone else experiencing something similar ?

-- oh well seems I am not the only one :grin: just looked through the entire thread and this is a recurring topic.

After reloading the save besides loosing BS unlocks I realized my caravan does not make any income nor vages are paid from my money. The caravan is fully manned traveling through towns, even compagnion seems gets trade exp but for me nothing - money I mean.

Looking good, this update is lit. But since they reworked encounters & dialogs it's a shame that they still didn't add a small simple thing as a possibility to claim yourself a title as a ruler. Like there's Sultan Unqid, Empress Rhagaea etc. It's really a small thing, but I think it's a good one to add. They'd refer to you by your title and name and it'd be much better than using a title in a name to be called that way. That would be amazing.

There's a bug where now after you smelt a weapon in your inventory once it is deselected but you can still press the smelt button and smelt that weapon continuously until you run out of stamina

What do you think about the cut scenes? I´ve only seen marriage (after 316 save scumming reloads) and child birth (no reload because it was a son) and I don´t know but they feel lifeless for me. Still better than not having them of course but I guess I expected more.

I also don´t like this "window" presentation and the "click to continue" in the bottom middle. I would prefer a nice full screen scene without any text like "click to continue".

Last edited:
Thanks so much patch looks amazing.

In the past I've always loved gaming communities where developers reply to people. But the absolute state of half the posts on this forum these days - I'd prefer they didn't waste their time/breath. I think forums are outdated with no system to downvote ****posts to the bottom.
Don't turn it into popularity contest. Reddit-like ways of communication is absolutely trash.

What do you think about the cut scenes? I´ve only seen marriage (after 316 save scumming reloads) and child birth (no reload because it was a son) and I don´t know but they feel lifeless for me. Still better than not having them of course but I guess I expected more.

I also don´t like this "window" presentation and the "click to continue" in the bottom middle. I would prefer a nice full screen scene without any text like "click to continue".
I think that the cut scenes are the best compromise for a game like Bannerlord.
Devs announced them as something similar to the execution animation and they look even better. I like the fact that they are optional, not too intrusive.
Bannerlord is not a full rpg for me. There is a base set up (world, lord, etc...) but in the end you play the way you want. It remembers me my childhood, playing with medieval theme Lego and creating my own stories... Childish nostalgy...

Sure, I´m not talking about epic cutscenes. It´s more about the presentation in my case I guess. Seems like they went for the TTW Medieval 2 route which is not bad, but it doesn´t fit for me in Bannerlord.

You won´t see most cutscenes that often in a playthrough in Bannerlord.

The launcher links to the patch notes of the current live version while e1.8.0 is still in beta. :smile:
Ah, OK, thanks Callum. :wink:
I thought it shows patch notes of the version we have installed, since I always played on main branch thinking like that was making sense at that time. :grin: (With e1.8.0 I switched to Beta first time.)

I like them. I can't explain this really, but they look like what I expect from mount and blade stuff. It would be weird if they were any more cinematic then they are. It's just right. I like the frame too, I don't forget what's going on in my game while I watch them. I like that we can keep the alert up and watch them more times if we want and that we can not watch them if we don't care (like more and more babies and such ).
When are we going to get Sex 2 in Bannerlord? :/
No sex for you, only bible. somebody will make mods for this stuff of course, someday

I agree on making them fullscreen as it would be better, but to me outside of the 'death of a faction' one they are great. I would have loved a crowning one though, for when you take charge of a kingdom

For some reason there are 2800 alien desert troops in my discard troops party dialog dialog. (I'm vlandian using an 1.7.x savegame)

Back
Top Bottom