Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Seeing a group of heavy cavalry charge into a mob of infantry recruits is much more satisfying now, you actually see guys fall over.

And I would also propose to give a special tourney armor to tourney participants (simply some available light armor from the specific culture). Due to the armor rating change some blunt tourney weapons deal very reduced damage to high level armor.
Nah, this way you can't just enter a tournament being a lowlife with poor armour and win instantly. It needs some difficulty my man

Hello, I bought the game from epicgames more than 1 year ago and I've always been waiting for an update patiently because it only comes out to epic users a long time later, I would like to know if this update will take a long time to come out on epic because the game is restarting the pc with the current version 1.7.2 and I don't have the option to go back to the previous update without counting the red eyes that are still present in the epic. please update so we from epic games also play . Sad for not being able to play more happy to see that you can play and enjoy the update through steam.

Unfortunately, due to technical limitations, we are only able to offer beta versions through Steam so you will have to wait a little longer for this patch to be available to you on Epic.

EXCESSIVE ARROW DAMAGE AGAINST ARMOUR WAS NOT FIXED IN THIS UPDATE

@cuce just wanted to say that arrow damage against armour was the main thing people wanted to be fixed by armour changes.

the changes to blunt damage were good, and necessary, but have barely made any impact on how many arrow hits it takes to kill someone in armour - maybe 1-2 at the highest end armour against the weaker archers.

Can we please have the amount of arrow shots that it takes to kill someone in armour increased by roughly 1.7-2x. Then armour will be good.

43EaoEc.png

Right now we have a horrendously unrealistic, imbalanced situation where thin wooden shields are almost indestructible by arrows, but metal armour is like tissue paper to arrows. This means that any infantry without a shield (pike infantry, shock infantry) are a poor choice, when you could instead have archers or shield infantry. The optimal strategy is to pick a small number of shield infantry, a large number of archers, use the small

What we need is a more realistic and balanced situation where armour can soak up a good number of arrows (like it did in Warband), and shields can be feasibly destroyed by arrows (like they were in Warband). This will mean that shieldless troops are useful because they don't die to a handful of arrows.
Yeah arrow damage being way too high against armour has been my biggest problem for a year now but it seems talesworld doesnt want to change arrow damage specifically.

I wonder about armor stats in simulations. It seems like in auto calculate looters are still able to repeated kill tier 2+ units too easily. Does the the new armor stats work in simulations like sending troops?

I wonder about armor stats in simulations. It seems like in auto calculate looters are still able to repeated kill tier 2+ units too easily. Does the the new armor stats work in simulations like sending troops?
Armor only increases survival rates. (i.e. getting wounded instead of killed). They do not change combat stats when calculating the auto-battles.

Armor only increases survival rates. (i.e. getting wounded instead of killed). They do not change combat stats when calculating the auto-battles.
Could you please tell us if there are more changes planned regarding armour? The biggest problem (arrow damage to armour being 1.5-2x as high as it should be) has not been fixed.

So I just had a look at the new armour myself and I've got some seriously mixed feelings.

The Vlandian armours in particular are just bizarre. Flat textures, oversized proportions on top of being horrendously out of place plate armour in the BL setting is just disappointing to say the least.

Seriously, TW should have just made a couple of mail hoods with cloaks and Vlandia would have been fine. Not pauldrons, smh.

Back
Top Bottom