1.8.0 Player feedback thread

Users who are viewing this thread

This latest Beta patch was, IMO a step in the right direction, especially on the modding capability side. We got a re-worked economy, updated armor values and a ton of QOL updates to clan, party and army mechanics. Its not over yet as we are still missing some big "updates" to the game such as:

Feasts
Banners
Sally out Battles
Party Templates

I will say the MP side of things is still looking stale as the recent patch before this one still did not hash out the main issues plaguing that side of the game but at least on the SP side its looking good. The teams making Kingdoms of Arda and the Warhammer team just got a little pick me up from the update to the skeleton file. What do yall think as players?

Feasts are just not coming for a while (if not at all).
Banners, Sally out and Party Templates are the confirmed yet to be seen features for sure.
Regarding 1.8.0, except that annoying bug teleporting companions left in towns, I just love it.
TW somehow managed to keep their line while considering players feedback.
Good point also is that they start working on small details that make the whole world more coherent and immersive.
Oh and the skeleton for modders is a bless, I can't wait playing a badass orc in the overhaul mod "The Old World".

Feast are pretty overrated imo. I think the effort would be better in use to create a proper diplomacy system.
Sure, but that´s also not planned :iamamoron:

TW should think about it, I mean a game like TotalWar WARHAMMER has a better diplomancy system than a "realistic" medieval sandbox. But TBF, it´s not that hard because there is just no diplomancy in Bannerlord :iamamoron:

Feast are pretty overrated imo.
Maybe but that is one of the attitude in the community that I dislike. Feast overrated, marriage in WB overrated, books overrated, drunk in the tavern overrated, suspicious man overrated, companions in WB overrated so on and so forth. And now what we got in Bannerlord is just battles.

Maybe but that is one of the attitude in the community that I dislike. Feast overrated, marriage in WB overrated, books overrated, drunk in the tavern overrated, suspicious man overrated, companions in WB overrated so on and so forth. And now what we got in Bannerlord is just battles.
You are also right. But i think they shouldnt 'add' feasts they should study why it is wanted. And then they should add features that improves uppon that idea. For example instead of saying 'feasts are mising', saying 'immersive rpg elements are missing' is better.

IMO battles are overrated!

More seriously, isn't the following line referencing to Party Templates? Did not really notice that at first.
  • Hero party leaders now have preferred troop types when upgrading.

Feast are pretty overrated imo. I think the effort would be better in use to create a proper diplomacy system.
People don't understand the value of feasts. It meant the game had a little more life, Bannerlord could be an average RTS at this point, just kill troops against NPCs, no RPG elements, nothing interesting outside of combat. Feasts were part of the bigger side of the RPG game, it meant the lords had a life and it simulated (at least in a vert small portion) a medieval life. It were just interesting, small details that made the game feel whole.

More seriously, isn't the following line referencing to Party Templates? Did not really notice that at first.
I think it does imply that, not sure though. About a year into my game im mostly noticing very low tier armies, like half an army is T1/T2. Not sure how im feeling about the changes to troops taking longer to level up while in towns/villages.

God damn tho the recall button and being able to switch out party leaders is ****ing huge. Although i have to admit seeing the popup of how much time it will take for them to arrive to your party just makes salty how easy they could implement something similar for a messenger system.

I really like getting mercenary offers popups at clan tier 1, im interested to see if they still occur after clan tier 1. Im sure they will continue until i become a vassal.

People don't understand the value of feasts. It meant the game had a little more life, Bannerlord could be an average RTS at this point, just kill troops against NPCs, no RPG elements, nothing interesting outside of combat. Feasts were part of the bigger side of the RPG game, it meant the lords had a life and it simulated (at least in a vert small portion) a medieval life. It were just interesting, small details that made the game feel whole.
Feasts also introduced massive balance issues. Damned Harlaus' feasts destroy Swedish every game.

I'd love to see lots more RP features in bannerlord; but I don't think feasts specifically are what we need.

I think it does imply that, not sure though. About a year into my game im mostly noticing very low tier armies, like half an army is T1/T2. Not sure how im feeling about the changes to troops taking longer to level up while in towns/villages.

God damn tho the recall button and being able to switch out party leaders is ****ing huge. Although i have to admit seeing the popup of how much time it will take for them to arrive to your party just makes salty how easy they could implement something similar for a messenger system.

I really like getting mercenary offers popups at clan tier 1, im interested to see if they still occur after clan tier 1. Im sure they will continue until i become a vassal.
Sadly, I'm currently struggling with the update of my mod and can't even play the game...

Of course implementing the messenger wouldn't be that complex to do.
But Duh already shared his thoughts somehow justifying the current approach...

This update offers quite a bunch of new ways on how the AI is interacting with the player, and that's just great :coffee:

This latest Beta patch was, IMO a step in the right direction, especially on the modding capability side. We got a re-worked economy, updated armor values and a ton of QOL updates to clan, party and army mechanics. Its not over yet as we are still missing some big "updates" to the game such as:

Feasts
Banners

What do yall think as players?
I'll add to these:

* Kingdom Court and Minister: As in Warband. Something that makes it easier to run the kingdom remotely and find new vassals to hire. A "communication landline" is what the kingdom phase DESPERATELY needs.
* Minor Faction Bases: As was shown by TW. A place to hire minor factions as mercenaries or recruit their troops. Also a place for minor factions to recruit their troops.
* Manhunters: As in Warband. Someone who will hunt down bandits when there are 200 bandit parties in an area, and who we can sell prisoners to on the road, and maybe fight them if we are playing a criminal playthrough.
* Claimant Quests: As in Warband. We know this is supposed to be coming.
* Criminal Enterprises: As was shown by TW. The ability to run a criminal business in a gang's alley after defeating them.
* Skill Training: As in Warband (skill books, but skill trainers a la Skyrim would work fine too). So we can pay money to boost skills we don't want to grind personally, or to rapidly train one of our companions in the skill, as companions take so long to level.
Feasts are really easy to do. Bloc has already shown that it's less than a day of work to make them.

On the other hand, mexxico has said that alliances are kind of difficult: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?search/3137790/&q=alliance&c[users]=mexxico&o=relevance

I also don't see why we can't have both. Feasts fulfilled many useful roles in Warband - they added to immersion, they got lords and ladies together in one location making them much easier to talk to for quests/making marriage offers, they were good for roleplaying, they gave something to do during peacetime and they gave the player another way of gaining relations. And we have all these features in Bannerlord that are kind of wasted but would be perfect for feasts, like: elaborately decorated castle keeps the player hardly ever visits, board games, dancing and instrument playing animations, and civilian outfits. All of this definitely seems worth a small amount of work.

Feasts also introduced massive balance issues. Damned Harlaus' feasts destroy Swedish every game.

I'd love to see lots more RP features in bannerlord; but I don't think feasts specifically are what we need.
This is simply not true. They worked just fine in Prophesy of Pendor (I know I quote a lot this mod, but it just works). Feasts are a part of everything missing from the game from Warband, and plus they're an easy to do thing, unless they are incompetent enough not to understand how to. How is that it always resorts to modders with this game man? What RP features you talk about anyways? It's always "no, not this" and then it's absolutely nothing.

PD: use the search button and type "feasts" with "only titles" checked. There are 12 pages of people asking for feasts, minus some threads that belong to warband, that must reduce it to 9/10 pages of threads... Still pretty much on my opinion, people do miss the feature, maybe you don't, but people do

Last edited:
This is a myth, feasts did not imbalance the game and Swadia did not get destroyed every game without player intervention. I have confirmed this video myself with a couple of playthroughs.

Also, any problems feasts could potentially cause with balance are very easily prevented by only making them possible to hold during peacetime, being cancelled if war is declared.

Feasts will not introduce any balance issues at all if that very minor and simple change is made.
Feasts are the best candidate for an RP feature because they have so many benefits all in one. What other RP feature could fulfil the multi-faceted role of bringing nobles to one location for you to talk to, increasing immersion, giving the player a nonviolent way of gaining reputation, and giving the player something to do during peace?

Thats it... Every content bringing some mood into the world that is something fine for my taste of gaming. Ok if someone plays only 'single battles' then all campaign and sandbox content is not needed. But i play sandbox and so clear i dont want much sand in the box more every aspect of lifelike behaviour for the game... if possible.

Pretty much, and I'm pretty sure up until now the devs thought just the same thing "why do we need to add all this stuff, just throw some board games and they'll be fine"

I'll add to these:

* Kingdom Court and Minister: As in Warband. Something that makes it easier to run the kingdom remotely and find new vassals to hire. A "communication landline" is what the kingdom phase DESPERATELY needs.
* Minor Faction Bases: As was shown by TW. A place to hire minor factions as mercenaries or recruit their troops. Also a place for minor factions to recruit their troops.
* Manhunters: As in Warband. Someone who will hunt down bandits when there are 200 bandit parties in an area, and who we can sell prisoners to on the road, and maybe fight them if we are playing a criminal playthrough.
* Claimant Quests: As in Warband. We know this is supposed to be coming.
* Criminal Enterprises: As was shown by TW. The ability to run a criminal business in a gang's alley after defeating them.
* Skill Training: As in Warband (skill books, but skill trainers a la Skyrim would work fine too). So we can pay money to boost skills we don't want to grind personally, or to rapidly train one of our companions in the skill, as companions take so long to level.

Feasts are really easy to do. Bloc has already shown that it's less than a day of work to make them.

On the other hand, mexxico has said that alliances are kind of difficult: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?search/3137790/&q=alliance&c[users]=mexxico&o=relevance

I also don't see why we can't have both. Feasts fulfilled many useful roles in Warband - they added to immersion, they got lords and ladies together in one location making them much easier to talk to for quests/making marriage offers, they were good for roleplaying, they gave something to do during peacetime and they gave the player another way of gaining relations. And we have all these features in Bannerlord that are kind of wasted but would be perfect for feasts, like: elaborately decorated castle keeps the player hardly ever visits, board games, dancing and instrument playing animations, and civilian outfits. All of this definitely seems worth a small amount of work.

I did forget about Claimant Quests coming into the game as well.

Destroyed the mighty Swadian Tank Cavalry? I dont think so. In fact -that is a nice role playing kinda balance built in. Having a faction overpowered with Knights but its that same pageantry leading to more Feasts and tourneys thereby balancing out an extended War Effort. Thats exactly the type of personality this game needs -interesting faction traits that balance them out -not just +20/-20 Auto calc -thats the opposite of interesting in the name of Balance

Back
Top Bottom