Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

So does anyone already made some test or has some impressions about the armor changes? On paper it reads like that it won´t do much.
after trying it I'm confused, at first arrows didn't seem too affected (dealt 80 damages with a 70 damages bow, could still one shot some high tier troops with a headshot) but after a while in it I do seem to take less damages in sieges, I take like 2 to 11 damages with the coat of plate so not even the best ig armor
Both two handed axes and two handed swords also are less damaging, as I went from 120+ damages to 70, but even against imperial recruit which are not really armored
It will require proper testing but now I do take less damages

after trying it I'm confused, at first arrows didn't seem too affected (dealt 80 damages with a 70 damages bow, could still one shot some high tier troops with a headshot) but after a while in it I do seem to take less damages in sieges, I take like 2 to 11 damages with the coat of plate so not even the best ig armor
Both two handed axes and two handed swords also are less damaging, as I went from 120+ damages to 70, but even against imperial recruit which are not really armored
It will require proper testing but now I do take less damages
Did they change cut and pierece damage? I see only blunt damage changes.
When I´m not wrong the RBM also fixed the spawns.

So does anyone already made some test or has some impressions about the armor changes? On paper it reads like that it won´t do much.
Idk. I didnt play a year.

Did they change cut and pierece damage? I see only blunt damage changes.

Idk. I didnt play a year.
apparently it also changes other damages too, iirc it's because weapon do a mix of damages, not just cut or pierce
what I can say for sure is that sturgian militia archers deal me much less damages, and looters too

• Added 4 new battle scenes.
  • Added 6 new town scenes: Phycaon, Diathma, Saneopa, Syronea, Epicrotea, and Danustica.
I remember a map showing battle scenes allocated in to each region/province, I guess, of Calradia a few patches back.
Is there a list or statistic of how many battle scenes are now completed? (i.e. finished maps : total maps) and the same for towns?

apparently it also changes other damages too, iirc it's because weapon do a mix of damages, not just cut or pierce
what I can say for sure is that sturgian militia archers deal me much less damages, and looters too
Aaaah okay. Didnt know about that

As for me damage in BL is just stupidly high and armor so weak that 2 pesants with pitchforks can stunlock and kill an elite warrior wich is not possible in warband

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the custom battle town scenes are the updated? I wanted to check how the new town scenes look by going into a defensive siege custom battle, but I swear the towns were the same ones I have been playing on before and not new. Also, the AI still had difficulties getting into the siege tower ladders on those maps. I wonder if it's because they are just not updated the same as the campaign map ones?

EXCESSIVE ARROW DAMAGE AGAINST ARMOUR WAS NOT FIXED IN THIS UPDATE

@cuce just wanted to say that arrow damage against armour was the main thing people wanted to be fixed by armour changes.

the changes to blunt damage were good, and necessary, but have barely made any impact on how many arrow hits it takes to kill someone in armour - maybe 1-2 at the highest end armour against the weaker archers.

Can we please have the amount of arrow shots that it takes to kill someone in armour increased by roughly 1.7-2x. Then armour will be good.

43EaoEc.png

Right now we have a horrendously unrealistic, imbalanced situation where thin wooden shields are almost indestructible by arrows, but metal armour is like tissue paper to arrows. This means that any infantry without a shield (pike infantry, shock infantry) are a poor choice, when you could instead have archers or shield infantry. The optimal strategy is to pick a small number of shield infantry, a large number of archers, use the small

What we need is a more realistic and balanced situation where armour can soak up a good number of arrows (like it did in Warband), and shields can be feasibly destroyed by arrows (like they were in Warband). This will mean that shieldless troops are useful because they don't die to a handful of arrows.

Last edited:

@cuce just wanted to say that arrow damage against armour was the main thing people wanted to be fixed by armour changes.

the changes to blunt damage have barely made any impact on how many arrow hits it takes to kill someone in armour - maybe 1-2 at the highest end armour against the weaker archers.

Can we please have the amount of arrow shots that it takes to kill someone in armour increased by roughly 2x. Then armour will be good.

43EaoEc.png
So wait, they actually just made ranged units EVEN STRONGER by just nerfing melee damage? That's absolutely hilarious in the worst possible way

the changes to blunt damage have barely made any impact on how many arrow hits it takes to kill someone in armour - maybe 1-2 at the highest end armour against the weaker archers.

Can we please have the amount of arrow shots that it takes to kill someone in armour increased by roughly 2x. Then armour will be good.

43EaoEc.png

Right now we have a horrendously unrealistic, imbalanced situation where thin wooden shields are almost indestructible by arrows, but metal armour is like tissue paper to arrows. This means that any infantry without a shield (pike infantry, shock infantry) are a poor choice, when you could instead have archers or shield infantry. The optimal strategy is to pick a small number of shield infantry, a large number of archers, use the small

What we need is a more realistic and balanced situation where armour can soak up a good number of arrows (like it did in Warband), and shields can be feasibly destroyed by arrows (like they were in Warband). This will mean that shieldless troops are useful because they don't die to a handful of arrows.
You gotta be kidding me ?

Last edited:
I remember a map showing battle scenes allocated in to each region/province, I guess, of Calradia a few patches back.
Is there a list or statistic of how many battle scenes are now completed? (i.e. finished maps : total maps) and the same for towns?
Battania region is a bit strange. You may start a battle in a plain region, yet end up in a forest. One and the same forest. Time after time.
So it´s dissapointing as expected, but still better than nothing I guess.
What's wrong with the Russian localization? I mean, there are some flaws here and there, but, in general, it is good. Inclination system needs a bit of tweaking though.

Battania region is a bit strange. You may start a battle in a plain region, yet end up in a forest. One and the same forest. Time after time.

What's wrong with the Russian localization? I mean, there are some flaws here and there, but, in general, it is good. Inclination system needs a bit of tweaking though.
That was related to the armor changes :grin:

The translations are the smallest issue Bannerlord has.

Hello!

I have spent now several hours to fix my mode so that the generic shortcut keys (GenericCampaignPanelsGameKeyCategory) should not be working inside my gauntlet, but I don't find a way to do that (it did work well on 1.7.2).

This is how I set up gauntlet screen:

protected override void OnInitialize()
{
base.OnInitialize();

HotKeyManager.AddAuxiliaryCategory((GameKeyContext)new BankHotkeyCategory());

_dataSource = new BankViewModel();

_gauntletLayer = new GauntletLayer(1, "GauntletLayer")
{
IsFocusLayer = true,
};

_gauntletLayer.LoadMovie("BankScreen", _dataSource);
_gauntletLayer.InputRestrictions.SetInputRestrictions(true, InputUsageMask.All);

LoadingWindow.EnableGlobalLoadingWindow();
_gauntletLayer.Input.RegisterHotKeyCategory(HotKeyManager.GetCategory("BankHotkeyCategory"));

AddLayer(_gauntletLayer);
}

Thanks for any help or pointing me to any documentation.

There is a crash in Captain mode on MP that I've got 3 times in a row now.
When using archers on Captain and hitting F2 to change face direction, the game crashes.
It's like bang on when I hit F2 each time
Were you experiencing this on 1.7.2? Was it matchmaking or custom severs? If so, was it on an official one or a community one?
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds ,@Dejan sorry for tagging you but it seems like the companions teleporting bug is not fixed.
I have rolled tests on old and new saves in both 1.7.2 and 1.8.0 and the companions left in towns just teleport randomly after a few days.
Here is the link to the bug report
We are aware of this issue and it is under investigation at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom