Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the modding changes were some of the best I've seen. Alot of the modding teams, such as the Kingdoms of Arda had been waiting for the skeleton mechanic so now Orcs, dwarves and Elves are now easier to make. Lots of Quality of life info here but we are still missing big mechanics such as Banners, Sally's from Sieges, party templates but this was a nice patch. Good job TW!

Cutscenes are cool, but I wonder if the cutscene for everything still happens in a millisecond and just in the place you're standing.
I hope this isn't the case, and they have learnt from Warband. For example, marrying wasn't just a fancy cutscene (not undermining the work you did, I appreciate it), you actually had to wait some days/weeks until the marriage happened, but before you had a feast and a tournament and every lord assisted.
I understand the purpose of a cutscene, but the actual weight comes from the world reacting to it too. A funeral or a marriage shouldn't be just a cutscene, but a whole event dedicated to it. Otherwise it will feel plain, specially in a game like this, a roleplaying game. I can't stress enough that Warband had these features already, and they worked for a reason.

Modding​

[For further explanation and additional information on the modding changes check the following thread: e1.8.0 Modding Adjustments]
  • We released API documentation for Bannerlord. You can find it here: apidoc.bannerlord.com
  • Modders can now define & add different races like Orcs, Elves,... through the skins.xml file. Custom skeleton support has been added for humanoid characters.
  • Fixed various issues with the implementation of a modded world map, removed the hardcoded assumption that the world map is named "Main_map", fixed the hardcoded map size,...
  • Enabled warning & assertion texts to help modders with common errors (the Modding Kit must be installed).
  • The Atmosphere Curve Editor is now available through the Atmosphere Inspector. It allows you to change the visuals of an atmosphere.
  • Added the Color Grade Manager script to the main map scene. It allows the dynamic color grade and atmosphere effects to be previewed within the editor. Color grade textures can be changed from worldmap_color_grades.xml file.
  • Added exposure compensation to materials for glow effects.
  • Changed the physics object colors of barriers that only players can pass through to green for clarity.
  • Implemented a new method of using generated banner textures in item materials. A new channel called "TableauMaskMap" has been added to explicitly mark where the banner texture will be applied. This leaves the alpha channel on the original texture to be used for the item's own requirements for tassel etc. "use_tableau_mask_as_separate_texture" flag needs to be enabled for this to take effect.
  • Language files are now referenced in language folders in the "language_data.xml" (they were previously automatically searched for and added).
  • Added XSD for game texts, they are now added via SubModule.xml.
  • Players can now override the TournamentModel.GetParticipantArmor to change the tournament participant armor.
  • Changed the SettlementComponent list to single SettlementComponent in Settlement.cs. Settlements can no longer have multiple SettlementComponents.
  • "NonSerializedObjectTypeRecords" were removed from MBObjectManager. There are now only ObjectTypeRecords and their appropriate functions.
  • Removed XML support from game menus and moved related content to code (EncounterGameMenuBehavior.cs).
  • Removed XML support from conversations and moved related content to code.
  • Modders can now use the OnCrimeRatingChanged event for various purposes. This event will trigger with the change amount and the faction it is related with.
  • Added IRandomOwner for easier random usages.
  • Added a dev config option to show localization IDs of texts (relevant for translators).
  • Enabled modders to go above the maximum tier cap for troop upgrades (above tier 6).
  • Modders can now modify the voices of agents (via voice_definitions.xml).
  • The skill leveling system is now fully moddable (Skill Leveling Manager).
  • Removed the campaign cookie system.
  • Refactored the Quest system to make every quest use only one dedicated menu instead of creating multiple menus per quest.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the navmesh grid generation on big scenes from working correctly.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when generating rivers.
  • Fixed a bug that caused different instances of a model to use the same factor color.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the addition of custom troops to villager parties. Villager parties can now use different troop types.
  • Fixed a bug that caused decals to discard season visibility settings.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when exiting editor scenes while retreating outside of the border.
  • Fixed a freeze issue on the campaign map that was caused by modded troops not having any upgrades.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when clicking on the Leave edit mode button.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the second editor window to freeze.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when placing decals on an empty editor scene.
  • Fixed a bug that caused civilian battle sets (for troop spawn) placed in editor scenes to be processed wrongly.
  • Improved the warning messages for incorrect battle set placement.
  • Added an experimental search functionality to the inventory screen. It can be enabled with "ui.set_inventory_search_enabled [1/0]" while the inventory screen is open. We think modders can use this functionality to test and find their items in-game more easily.
  • Extended the functionality of the UI debug mode. Added a new command ("ui.set_screen_debug_information_enabled [True/False]") to help modders find and examine GauntletLayers more easily. This new panel will show the currently loaded GauntletLayers, list included widgets, their visual properties and more in real time.
  • Added the Core.FaceGen.UpdateDeformKeys boolean. Previously, all the sliders in the body generation screen were cleared and added again after gender change. Since we don't use different deform keys between genders, we've moved this functionality to this boolean. If your mod uses different deform keys between genders, your mod should set this value to true. If not done, some deform keys might not show up as sliders in the body generation screen. Can be toggled with "facegen.toggle_update_deform_keys" command.
  • Added Scene.GetAllEntitiesWithScriptComponent method to gather all entities with the given script type.
  • Introduced a "CustomScale" value to font properties, used by Gauntlet. This value is used to scale the whole font. It’s used especially for fonts that generally have bigger characters compared to other fonts used in the game. Modders can use this value to make their fonts bigger or smaller across the whole font.
  • Added a new boolean to the Hero tooltip, isNear. It's used to hide tooltip entries of a hero tooltip that shouldn't be visible if the main hero is not near, like available quests by hero.
  • Improved the spritesheet generator performance, especially for generating numerous sheets at the same time.
  • Changed the banner editor layout to support more colors. Useful for mods expanding the available color set.
  • Changed how we determine singleplayer and multiplayer modules in the SubModule.xml.
  • <SingleplayerModule/> and <MultiplayerModule/> have been renamed to <ModuleCategory/>
  • The correct usage is now <ModuleCategory value="Singleplayer"/> or <ModuleCategory value="Multiplayer"/>
  • The default ModuleCategory is Singleplayer.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented mods from overwriting already existing custom widgets in Gauntlet, consistently.

This tbh is huge (finally proper skeletons) , can't wait for lotr/got/wh mods to use that.

• Introduced new scene notifications to give more weight to events. They can open automatically or be triggered with a circle notification.
    • Kingdom destroyed.
Kingdoms can be considered destroyed now? is this just a campaign thing? @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan what exactly are you guys talking about here and what triggers the scene to be played?

Also I really like scenes so far, just saw the marriage one and it was nice. I got married at clan tier 0 so im curious if the scene changes based on your status? Like does a king getting married have a more grandiose scene? If not that would be cool to implement

Last edited:
The previous patch was all multiplayer
Previous patch messed up the servers so bad that everyone is getting stutters/disconnections. So it was useless too until they fix servers and matchmaking.

All patches have some SP and some MP changes. However, MP only becomes accessible (in most cases) when the version moves to the live/stable branch.
Do you have any eta on when server files will be released? It's been in testing for 2 months now.

Hello, I bought the game from epicgames more than 1 year ago and I've always been waiting for an update patiently because it only comes out to epic users a long time later, I would like to know if this update will take a long time to come out on epic because the game is restarting the pc with the current version 1.7.2 and I don't have the option to go back to the previous update without counting the red eyes that are still present in the epic. please update so we from epic games also play . Sad for not being able to play more happy to see that you can play and enjoy the update through steam.

One other major issue is that armor is that cut and pierce damage also need to less effective against armor.

High tier armor should be very good against cut damage and provide still some protection against pierce. Another issue remains is that arrows are still too powerful against armor.
Armor effectiveness did increase against all damage types but effects is much more pronounced against blunt. specifically for low amounts of blunt damage.

On top of that, weapons don't accually deal just cut or pierce damage. a sword deals most of its damage in cut form while dealing a little amount of it in blunt. so every melee damage is also get nerfed a little bit as well

Armor effectiveness did increase against all damage types but effects is much more pronounced against blunt. specifically for low amounts of blunt damage.

On top of that, weapons don't accually deal just cut or pierce damage. a sword deals most of its damage in cut form while dealing a little amount of it in blunt. so every melee damage is also get nerfed a little bit as well
This is great news!

I just tried having a battle and I must say, it feels nice to actually feel a significant difference between low tier soldiers and elites!

At this point all that's holding bannerlord back in terms of combat are the entities jitterin/blobbing and horsemen still needing tweaks to their AI and ability to hit targets.

The Dragon Banner could use improvements tho, mainly the dragon's head as it looks... well, ugly :grin:

The other banners look good though! Looking forward to seeing them released, great patch!

Question though!
  • Reduced the armor coefficient from 100 to 50. In translation, 1 armour now provides 2 health points against blunt attacks.
I'm not sure I follow?

I do get that we used the exemple of looter's stones doing to much damage on tier 6 armor as an example but the idea was to buff armor, not to nerf blunt

Pr
Kingdoms can be considered destroyed now? is this just a campaign thing? @Duh_TaleWorlds @Dejan what exactly are you guys talking about here and what triggers the scene to be played?

Also I really like scenes so far, just saw the marriage one and it was nice. I got married at clan tier 0 so im curious if the scene changes based on your status? Like does a king getting married have a more grandiose scene? If not that would be cool to implement
Pretty sure is campaign exclusive, part of the main quest

There is a massive amount of great improvement in this update! Too many to even properly respond to but I look forward to exploring all these changes in game!
You can now reset your character's and companion's perk assignments through the arena master for a suitable price. The generic tavern NPCs can also point this out as a tip.

It seems to be about 1k per perks and you re-set them skill by skill! Very clean and convenient way to do it.
@Duh_TaleWorlds SO far I cannot find the option to use this for family members, is this intended? I only tried in saves from old game so far though.

Back
Top Bottom