Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Last gen console gamers should not enjoy the game. The is too much technical debt, and specs are too low. It's the thing that sink the cyberpunk 2077
Not against opening games to console (or the other way around) for more people to enjoy; but trying to get it all 'released' at the same time for both PC, PS4/5, XB1/XBX consoles is just too greedy/ambitious.
It just seems like they don't have any future plans for BL after the official release (nor saying that they are supposed to) and to get as many initial sales as they can all at once from all possible systems.
Because, based on the current pacing, 'types' of bugs, questionable designs so far in EA, it seems like it's more out of a fear of the poor reviews where implementing as a later console port would be a failure.
Add the fact, based on my experience, I can't think of a 'PC' game that has successfully ported to console; it's usually the other way due to the 'simplicity' of console controls.

Can TW tell we just one thing? Will the next beta patch is 1.7.3 or 1.8.0?
Does it really matter how they call it?

I understand the difference of course, 1.8.0 would mean at least a major change(s) and 1.7.3 could mean anything between a hotfix and nothing which is mostly the same in TWs case.

And of course TW won´t tell us anything related to the content of the upcoming patch, that´s TWs policy as stupid as it is, even more if you consider that nothing happened in the last three months and that this game is in EA.

A sane human would think that TW must be able to at least say SOMETHING about the upcoming content after THREE MONTS but nope, EA buyers are not worthy for this valuable information, they can´t risk any riots if they still would need to cancel something...

Does it really matter how they call it?

I understand the difference of course, 1.8.0 would mean at least a major change(s) and 1.7.3 could mean anything between a hotfix and nothing which is mostly the same in TWs case.

And of course TW won´t tell us anything related to the content of the upcoming patch, that´s TWs policy as stupid as it is, even more if you consider that nothing happened in the last three months and that this game is in EA.

A sane human would think that TW must be able to at least say SOMETHING about the upcoming content after THREE MONTS but nope, EA buyers are not worthy for this valuable information, they can´t risk any riots if they still would need to cancel something...

Duh stated a couple of weeks ago (very definitive and totally not a personal opinion) that he was positive about the upcoming update. Not a verbatim quote, but indicative.

And the fact that they rolled out the beta to main could indicate that they're gearing up for something big. Otherwise they'd push the beta to main and launch a smaller beta patch just to keep the hordes (where patchie? x100) satisfied with another patch. There's also been a big increase in dev activity on the forums. Duh has posted about as much in these last 4 weeks as he did the last 2 years.

So while being of a more realistic rather than optimistic nature I do think it is safe to speculate and say that the upcoming patch is bigger than the yearly average. Do I think that it's a stupendously big patch? No, but I think it'll be bigger than average.

Duh stated a couple of weeks ago (very definitive and totally not a personal opinion) that he was positive about the upcoming update. Not a verbatim quote, but indicative.

And the fact that they rolled out the beta to main could indicate that they're gearing up for something big. Otherwise they'd push the beta to main and launch a smaller beta patch just to keep the hordes (where patchie? x100) satisfied with another patch. There's also been a big increase in dev activity on the forums. Duh has posted about as much in these last 4 weeks as he did the last 2 years.

So while being of a more realistic rather than optimistic nature I do think it is safe to speculate and say that the upcoming patch is bigger than the yearly average. Do I think that it's a stupendously big patch? No, but I think it'll be bigger than average.
"Big" is not the kind of adjective Duh would use, something more like "relatively consequent" ?

"Big" is not the kind of adjective Duh would use, something more like "relatively consequent" ?

With the risk of summoning the man himself and immediately correcting my statement:

I personally feel positive about the range of content updates that are likely to be included in the patch. However, I would be cautious about the time of arrival as outstanding issues and significant further testing remain.

"Personally feel positive about the range of content updates" can be translated from Duh-speak to: It's gonna be a massive update, I love it, you love it, we all love it.

Or atleast, thats the way I choose to interpret it.

Back
Top Bottom