Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Next Beta won't be coming this week.
And because it's in testing they're not trying to cram any more stuff in it either, it just whatever crashes it's been for the last 2 weeks or more, still. Even in the future plans when they say stuff like "we are close to releasing an adjustment" it can't be in this next beta, because that's in testing, they said so, in testing = no more "being worked on" stuff getting added.

Last edited:
Also your post smells like you haven't been fallowing EA of Bannerlord very closely.
Do a quick research about my nickname you'll be surprised how much i know about this game.

My reply was in favor of the EA approach to a game like this. and mods have been implemented or inspired changes in the game over the last 12 months so i don't see why my statement over that area should be incorrect.

Also like other said TW is not new to an EA approach, people just don't realize how long it takes for a game like this to be completed, none of their games was made in a few years and some required years of further development after launching as EA.

That's why i used this line in my first replay:
For an EA title to work I feel it's important for the customer to understand what he is getting into. which i think same players have trouble with or lack.
And day after day that opinion of mine is only strengthening.

People seem to get sidetracked by Warband a lot which was an expansion of an already existing game and not a completely new one. that's why it was good from the start.

Bannerlord is clearly not in the same boat

Honestly I think that's not on TW. If modders don't have the time to update their mods for every patch they shouldn't make the mod for an EA game in the first place, tbh you shouldn't even be using mods right now.
Also won't EA make more mods available when the game fully releases and have Steam Workshop?
And what is the difference between kickstarter, patreon or EA? Essentially the 3 are a way to pay for a game that's not finished and dip your toes in it before everyone else to see how it's looking and maybe give feedback to improve it.

No, Mount & Blade don't need secondary mod communities such as workshop, it has used Nexus and Moddb for every game and it works as it should.

Ea won't make more mods available, it will make mod creators abandon or lose interest which for the most part has already happened, complete games is always better period. That way modders can start adding content and don't have to waste all their time keeping it updated like they do in EA. Never again.

As for support, i don't think the game has any positive changes from EA either. people are blaming the game for their own impatience, that would not happen if the game was being made and completed before it was available to play, EA works for some games, this is not one of them.

Let's not forget a game that is released in EA takes longer to develop than a unreleased game, there's literally no reason to do EA again, i know they did it for funding primarily, get it from kickstarter and patreon.

Also there are many here who haven't touched the previous game, they probably found the information online, so their knowledge on the subject is severely limited.

Last edited:
Do a quick research about my nickname you'll be surprised how much i know about this game.
Having +4K hours doesn't necessarily mean you know more than someone that plays 10 hours; and there are better ways to get your youtube/twitch viewership up than through here I think.
Also like other said TW is not new to an EA approach, people just don't realize how long it takes for a game like this to be completed, none of their games was made in a few years and some required years of further development after launching as EA.

That's why i used this line in my first replay:
For an EA title to work I feel it's important for the customer to understand what he is getting into. which i think same players have trouble with or lack.
And day after day that opinion of mine is only strengthening.
Agree, but there's also been a lot of bad faith EA games past few years that 'abuse' this which, imo, makes so many recent games 'fail' from my POV. So just as some players have trouble with or lack understanding in getting into an EA, so too do some studios/developers also when they release an EA; TW being no exception.
But the recent development update does help alleviate some of the concerns re the near silence/lack of update the past couple months.
People seem to get sidetracked by Warband a lot which was an expansion of an already existing game and not a completely new one. that's why it was good from the start.

Bannerlord is clearly not in the same boat
It's not Warband, but it is also Mount&Blade 2, so it has both M&B1 and its Warband (and Viking Conquest and Fire&Sword in a way) 'expansions' as reference points to extract plenty of information from; and is the same ip.

Believe they have a space game also in the works? That, I can understand if that EA has a rocky start given that is not in the same 'boat' as M&B series.
But given what the EA experience has been with BL, I'm not even going to bother with it until it is an official release, maybe a good couple months out, and relentless recommendations from friends/peers. Others can deal with the EA of that.

Hotfix 02/06/22

Multiplayer​

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when all players but one disconnected during a matchmaking game.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when watching an agent die in the first person.
  • Fixed multiple crashes that occurred when a new player connected to a server.

Changes
  • Restored player statistics that were achieved prior to the e1.7.2 patch (merged with the new statistics which means that no progress has been lost).
  • The Ranked Leaderboard now shows all the players that have finished their placement matches.
  • Added a notification that informs the player when the new "Auto-Follow" order is triggered (Captain mode).
  • Matchmaking games now get immediately canceled if a player quits during warmup. The quitting player receives a time-out penalty for this action.
  • AFK duration tolerance has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes for players that quit during the matchmaking game.

Both​

Changes
  • Added a notification that displays additional information if the game crashes during the launch.

The number of points you gain or lose with each match depends on the average ratings of your team and the enemy team. If your team has a lower average rating than that of the opponent and you win, you gain more points compared to a game where the average ratings between the teams are more balanced. And if you lose against a higher average rating team, you lose fewer points.
I have made a thread on this point, please read:

Having +4K hours doesn't necessarily mean you know more than someone that plays 10 hours; and there are better ways to get your youtube/twitch viewership up than through here I think
yeah that's not the point. i don't like self promoting of any kind. if by this time you don't know me then i don't care about it. and also i don't remember addressing you.

my replay was to this statement
Also your post smells like you haven't been fallowing EA of Bannerlord very closely.
which i have been following first hand over the last year and a half.

Agree, but there's also been a lot of bad faith EA games past few years that 'abuse' this which, imo, makes so many recent games 'fail' from my POV. So just as some players have trouble with or lack understanding in getting into an EA, so too do some studios/developers also when they release an EA; TW being no exception.
But the recent development update does help alleviate some of the concerns re the near silence/lack of update the past couple months.
my experience on this game states TW isn't the predatory case. they would have given up by know and just released the game if that was to be the case.
instead they are still willing to update and not take the easy way out and leave the game to modders which i respect

and mods have been implemented or inspired changes in the game over the last 12 months so i don't see why my statement over that area should be incorrect.
I'm sorry I'm so ignorant in this subject, please help me and list off all the mods that have been implemented by taleworlds in the base game. Like the nexus link to the mod and the post where TW acknowledges that this mod is in a patch or update. Also, you could link the posts of devs stating what parts of an update were inspired by a mod, since this is the only way we can know what inspired them.

please help me and list off all the mods that have been implemented by taleworlds in the base game
sure i'll name a few features that i think have been taken or inspired by mods:

Companion Clans
Party Ui
Garrison auto recruitment
Garrison / Party wage limiter
1.7. pre battle deployment
Kingdom / party aggressiveness
Siege towers working decently
Villages UI
Better tournament prizes ( although rare )
Prison recruitment for nobles
Reduced Death % for clan members only ( option )

Those are the most notables of the last 12 months, that i can list in a few minutes i am sure there are others but that should answer your question
Some impact areas of the game in noticeable ways others are simple Quality of Life features

I already know what you think, I asked you to show that mods have been implemented. Of course you can't because they have not.
Of course some of the features i have listed have been inspired by mods. the reason why TW can't state they implemented or added a mod to their game is for balancing reasons.

let's pick a mod like Improved Garrisons, very popular especially for the recruitment and villages defensive feature but quite an unbalanced one.
TW gave us the option of having an auto recruitment feature instead, that recruits from the town in a balanced way.

The companion clans was 100% isnpired by a mod that i can't recall the name of, but it allowed the player to not only create clans from the companions but even kingdoms, TW made their own balanced version and that's what we have now.

The patch that improved ladders casually was delivered just a few weeks after the Sige Tower fix mod on Nexus become public.

Make of that what you think but those features where clearly mods before TW just balanced them out and added them to the base game
anyone who knew about these mods can see the correlations between the features and the mods they come from. i know this doesn't support your narrative but that's just how it is and we will likely see more of this moving forward

Back
Top Bottom