Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Whats the point of having multi-tiered walls if the defenders dont properly use them
I got in alone and get up there and shoot everyone. It's not in the future plans so I don't expect it to be changes either, tuff luck AI ?

I mean, when a leader die or clan member dies all his gear is erased from game, right?
I think this is a bug that comes and goes. Some people say they got the inventory, some say it goes poof. Either way should be fixed.

totally, man. May i ask a question? I know you said about it's internal discussion yet, probably confidential. But my question about coronation it was because the crown we have in game, which you can only get using the pool items (cheat), so i was curious how they'll appear or play out in game. Could give an insight on this or it considered future debate?
We want to look into various visual issues with headpieces before doing more with the crowns.

And do you guys will consider Clan Heirlooms?
AFAIK it should be transferred to the heir and I think I have seen some reports by players about the new character being encumbered even.

Have you opened any reports on the scenes that you consider to be faulty?

Any Scene that has multi-tiered walls acts like this. There is no fall back position for these points, the defenders only rush the 1st wall and thats it. Once the defenders get to the first wall with the siege towers its a guaranteed win by the attackers, same thing with the battering ram. The defenders, on wall that are at least on stage 3 should have bigger towers and more walls with overlapping sectors of fire

Any Scene that has multi-tiered walls acts like this. There is no fall back position for these points, the defenders only rush the 1st wall and thats it. Once the defenders get to the first wall with the siege towers its a guaranteed win by the attackers, same thing with the battering ram. The defenders, on wall that are at least on stage 3 should have bigger towers and more walls with overlapping sectors of fire
You would need to open a report for the scenes that you consider to be faulty in this regard. Having said that, IF it is always the case, it is quite likely that it is intentional. If you like I can verify with the relevant team, BUT such inquiries rely on at least a basic level of information being provided - aka can you tell me the name of a single scene that you consider to be faulty?

You would need to open a report for the scenes that you consider to be faulty in this regard. Having said that, IF it is always the case, it is quite likely that it is intentional. If you like I can verify with the relevant team, BUT such inquiries rely on at least a basic level of information being provided - aka can you tell me the name of a single scene that you consider to be faulty?

^This is basically what I am saying about sieges. While they seem fun from the outside, once you get to the walls the defenders have no chance.

^This is basically what I am saying about sieges. While they seem fun from the outside, once you get to the walls the defenders have no chance.
There is a single direct mention of falling back that seems to discuss a different issue than what you raised and no reference to any specific scene. I guess this covers the same topic you mean:
The other problem of course is with a lot of the castles, there are no retreatable and defendable positions, at least none that the AI identifies. Maybe there are on some castles, but from experience I've not seen any (although this could also be due to routing).
Yet it also does not mention a specific scene. If you would like me to inquire about this, please provide me with the name of a specific scene that you believe to be faulty in relation to fall back positions.

Edith: Having said that, if you simply mean "street fights" - then it is not a feature we currently support.

Really looking forward to see the buffs to skill XP changes and armor and the option to respec :giggle:

Might have been already answered somewhere but is an import/export function planned for characters like it is in Warband? Would kinda act similar to New Game+ from other games like Elden Ring/Dark Souls.

With changes to crafting and unlocking parts is there any chance that we'll be able to craft bows and crossbows at some point?

I am very glad to see the modifications to armor. It's something I had been waiting for since the release of the game. Though I am wondering something.

At first glance, the current armor formula seems to be balanced for multiplayer, which is why it is detrimental to the single-player experience. However, trying to make a formula that fits both can create some issues.

- If armor is too protective, it would skew multiplayer balance, and need a lot of work to rebalance everything. It would make all players pick only heavily armored units.

- If we seek a middle-ground ; and end up make armor not protective enough for SP, then the singleplayer experience will still be harmed albeit less, and feedback could keep coming telling it's "not enough".

I think what makes the most sense is to separate both formulas. But it seems like a difficult issue to tackle. Any solutions? Or does that seem like a non-issue and am I overthinking things? :grin:

• Party Management Options
    • Clan members can, at times, be a hassle to track down and manage. To address this, we have been exploring new options to send, recall and exchange them.
Biggest understatement in Bannerlord history. It's pretty much always a hassle to track down any NPCs and as the game progresses and the payer gets more responsibilities it just keeps getting worse. By the time you've got a kingdom to rule it's not even worth the trouble. I'd love to hire some mercenaries, but it's not worth the frustration.

A simple solution would be a messenger system. I know it works because there's one in the Diplomacy mod. You just pay some gold and in a few days the character is there to speak with you. Simple, effective, and makes the game SOOOOOOO much better.

Why have you not simply done that? What's the hold up?

I am very glad to see the modifications to armor. It's something I had been waiting for since the release of the game. Though I am wondering something.

At first glance, the current armor formula seems to be balanced for multiplayer, which is why it is detrimental to the single-player experience. However, trying to make a formula that fits both can create some issues.

- If armor is too protective, it would skew multiplayer balance, and need a lot of work to rebalance everything. It would make all players pick only heavily armored units.

- If we seek a middle-ground ; and end up make armor not protective enough for SP, then the singleplayer experience will still be harmed albeit less, and feedback could keep coming telling it's "not enough".

I think what makes the most sense is to separate both formulas. But it seems like a difficult issue to tackle. Any solutions? Or does that seem like a non-issue and am I overthinking things? :grin:
I don't think that armour being stronger would be bad for multiplayer. As it is now there's almost no point spawning in with a higher tier unit in multiplayer either since your protection is barely more than a low tier unit and besides the weapons/horse it's not worth it. In Warband multiplayer high tier armour was good, you couldn't one-shot people in the best armour as you can here, and it wasn't unbalanced.

There were other changes such as adjustments to war & peace logic, abdications, turning companions into lords, war priorities, granting a fief to one of your vassals, ability to hire mercenaries, etc. but regardless of that, the ultimate reason for these decisions, in my view, is scope & opportunity cost. That isn't to say that these topics (like Alliances, Trade agreements, Non-aggression pacts etc.) may not be explored in some other form in the future, but they are not part of the (current) plans for the base game.

Naturally, if you do have a specific suggestion (other or more detailed than the above), I may be able to respond to it more specifically.

I'm surprised that core basic diplomacy features like non-aggression pacts are considered something for " well maybe in a future DLC " .

They are absolutely core mechanics for ANY game with kingdoms and diplomacy.

Some of TW decisions for the game I can absolutely understand ... but this choice is just madness.

I guess it falls under the 'too complicated' for release category.

I wanted to wait to give my reaction as not to give a knee jerk one. While I was hoping some meat(major content) to be revealed I can't stress enough that they communicated and to a great length what they are planning to work on. Also, there are quite a few areas that need major work and those areas are discussed in this post so I am extremely happy with this post in general and that they finally decided to let us know what they have going forward, The only thing I will say is feedback like was mentioned with slow skill gain. That and other areas have brought up for many months if not a year and have never been touched. I know I have mentioned, scouting, roguery and medicine as areas that need help many months ago and not touched. This isn't the first time the devs have said they will take feedback from us, but, it seems in a lot of cases we give feedback and nothing gets done or takes a very long time. I think myself mentioning skill gains a long time ago is evidence of that and I really hope that changes with getting things fixed a bit faster. On that note I am still very happy this was released and I look forward to the changes

Might have been already answered somewhere but is an import/export function planned for characters like it is in Warband?
It was discussed some time ago but was not selected for production. I personally like it and hope it will be reviewed again.

With changes to crafting and unlocking parts is there any chance that we'll be able to craft bows and crossbows at some point?
I think the probability is low. We have not expanded the "parts" for this and, more importantly, it may require more fundamental changes and the recreation of existing assets that are a single piece (just like with "crafting armors").

The armor calculation is separate and the changes to singleplayer described in the OP will not affect multiplayer.

Why have you not simply done that? What's the hold up?
A universal messenger system is not desired for the base game. Better accessability to mercenary arrangements may still be introduced, but they rank lower on the backlog.

A universal messenger system is not desired for the base game.
Did you even get a reason why not for this one?
reee-pepe.gif

Better accessability to mercenary arrangements may still be introduced, but they rank lower on the backlog.
Make them seeee Duh, make them see how lame late game gets when the AI kingdoms have such a huge advantage (cheat) over players.

There is a single direct mention of falling back that seems to discuss a different issue than what you raised and no reference to any specific scene. I guess this covers the same topic you mean:

Yet it also does not mention a specific scene. If you would like me to inquire about this, please provide me with the name of a specific scene that you believe to be faulty in relation to fall back positions.

Edith: Having said that, if you simply mean "street fights" - then it is not a feature we currently support.

Couple of examples from Vlandia:

Verecsand Castle
Usanc Castle and
Caleus Castle

Couple of examples from Battania:

Llanoc Hen Castle
Uthelaim Castle
Pendraic Castle and
Druimmor Castle

Did you even get a reason why not for this one?
I think it's a mix between the limited control approach, immersion (aka "phone calls") and scope of a desirable solution - leading to other priorities taking precedence. IIRC I talked to you about some lighter alternative ideas about this before, right?

when the AI kingdoms have such a huge advantage
Eh, I don't really feel that particular argument. Players have a fundamental benefit of being smarter (and without any performance cost to boot). I think the better reason is "why have a feature that's not fun to interact with?".

@Consul_Kaiser much appreciated. Could you also confirm if these lists are based on 172? (As some settlement scenes are updated over time.) Probably the list is enough to find at least one that wasn't recently changed, but clarification is still appreciated.

I think it's a mix between the limited control approach, immersion (aka "phone calls") and scope of a desirable alternative - leading to other priorities taking precedence. IIRC I talked to you about some alternative ideas about this before, right?
We have, I was still hopeful a version that wasn't a phone call would appear (like sending a companion) as it would have solved several issues people have with with chasing entities around to talk (mercenaries, vassals, companions). But what is done is done. I would warn that these alternatives should be implemented before you dumb down the encyclopedia.
Eh, I don't really feel that particular argument. Players have a fundamental benefit of being smarter. I think the better reason is "why have a feature that's not fun to interact with?".
Fair point, the most rage inducing moment of playing bannerlord for me was going across the map to hire a mercenary and having them the next day be remotely hired out of my army by another kingdom, meanwhile I had lost 2 towns to sieges while attempting to find the mercenaries. Late game just gives you no free time to waste on chasing parties around when you need them the most (dont need mercenaries during peace).

Back
Top Bottom