New Armağan Yavuz Interview

Users who are viewing this thread

So there is a new interview with Armağan Yavuz. Although it is 17 minutes long, there are two information regarding Bannerlord I found worthy to translate.

-First one is that the game sold 3 millions right now.

-Second one is about console ports. The interviewer asks "How development of Bannerlord is going"

Armağan says "It is going fantastic. For some time we are in EA but we are also trying to release the game on consoles. Releasing a game on consoles is as hard as making a game bc there are certain serious requirements and everything must work almost with zero error."

Interviewers interrupts and asks "3 of them require very different things right?".

Armağan continues " Yes absolutely, different consoles require different things and they come with unique hardships and challenges. And also, we are not only trying to release the game on newest generations, older generations are in our purpose too. So the game should be able to run on lower rams and processors too".

Interviewer intervenes and asks "So you also try to release the game for earlier xbox and ps4?".

Armağan says "We do not mention which platforms yet but yes we have this purpose. So we have constant work on optimizations and this also helps pc gamers since when we are trying to optimize the game for older generations, the game runs more smoothly on pc."

Edit: Other subjects discussed in the interview are mostly about gaming industry in Turkey.

Last edited:
So his reason for " being some time in EA " is that they are developing the game for consoles and that's hard ?

Nothing about the year and a half where TW couldn't even get ladders to work? ... in a game which is all about castles , armies and seiges. Lol

Nothing about the lengthy periods of code refactoring?

I guess talking about those things (the actual challenges of Bannerlord's development) would require some honesty.

"Its going fantastic" hahahahaha stop. Please

Last edited:
For what its worth if they built right then those console ports should really be about porting the engine than the content itself. That content ought to be machine independent. Although its probably not hahaha.

"we have constant work on optimizations and this also helps pc gamers since when we are trying to optimize the game for older generations" I'd be very interested in seeing these optimizations on those last-gen consoles and the impact they'd have on PC. Those old consoles had poor relative CPU performance, and if ports to those consoles actually end up happening, I'd be very interested in seeing the resulting performance.

So his reason for " being some time in EA " is that they are developing the game for consoles and that's hard ?

Nothing about the year and a half where TW couldn't even get ladders to work? ... in a game which is all about castles , armies and seiges. Lol

I guess talking about those things (the actual challenges of Bannerlord's development) would require some honesty.

"Its going fantastic" hahahahaha stop. Please
As i've mentioned recently, they're basically on another planet in terms of what they believe is correct. They don't operate in the same universe of facts as we do.

I mean, as you can see in my new signature, @Duh_TaleWorlds unironically believes they are upholding standards and aren’t releasing patches with game-breaking things. Which has been the case since the closed beta began. Honestly the fact they put out a queued ranking system which, as you point out, literally only 30 to 40 people are actually interested in is astounding. It’s like they’re in a parallel universe and are operating on a completely separate set of facts. That’s the best explanation I have for it.

There's no reason for the PC development to be held back by console ports, right? They could always patch the PC version with console-born optimizations.
But seriously, what's the state of the gaming industry in Turkey? Are they all terribly late with releases because of lax work ethics and the tendency to develop space games before they have finished their previous games?

As i've mentioned recently, they're basically on another planet in terms of what they believe is correct. They don't operate in the same universe of facts as we do.
As you keep pinging me, I guess there is a desire for a respone :iamamoron:

I mean, as you can see in my new signature, @Duh_TaleWorlds unironically believes they are upholding standards and aren’t releasing patches with game-breaking things. Which has been the case since the closed beta began.
I suppose my statement wasn't clear enough, so let me try a different approach:
  • There are structured tests for patches that are done to identify issues.
  • Identified ("known") issues that are recognized as frequent crashes or game breaking issues block the release of a patch.
  • This does not mean/claim that all issues are always identified or correctly recognized in testing.
They could always patch the PC version with console-born optimizations.
Optimizations aren't held back from PC versions. They are released alongside other works.

Let me translate the translation :wink:

"We are not able to make a stable game that doesnt crash often. But consoles demand that. Thats why we are so slow" :mrgreen:

My impression on the interview is that the game will be released when port of consoles ready. This is my impression, not what he said.

"Bir süredir erken erişimdeyiz ama konsollara esas olarak tabi çıkarmayı hedefliyoruz."
I translated this part as "For some time we are in EA but we are also trying to release the game on consoles." but this could also be translated as "For some time we are in EA but our main objective is to port the game to consoles".

Nope, no question is asked about it.
what's the state of the gaming industry in Turkey?
When I said "Other subjects discussed in the interview are mostly about gaming industry in Turkey.", I meant the interviewer asks about "what is your advice for new entrepreneurs in Turkey" and "why there is no AAA games released from Turkey like Witcher 3 yet?".

Last edited:
I'm so glad I'll get to play Elden Ring, Warband AND Bannerlord on my PS4. Suck em Sony, I'm not getting the ps5!

How are we going to point the purple flag to move troops on console? I think it might be even more awkward. I think an over head or mini map like warband has would be a big help.

It is clear Talesworld is happy with 3 millions sold Bannerlords... and that before release.
But that means PC version has made enough money?

When I said "Other subjects discussed in the interview are mostly about gaming industry in Turkey.", I meant the interviewer asks about "what is your advice for new entrepreneurs in Turkey" and "why there is no AAA games released from Turkey like Witcher 3 yet?".
I bet Armagan wanted to answer that "we didn't make a Witcher game, but we are certainly working on Turkish Cyberpunk". Because that's what they are probably doing. Ideas don't develop in a vacuum and everyone wants to prove the Poles wrong.

I bet Armagan wanted to answer that "we didn't make a Witcher game, but we are certainly working on Turkish Cyberpunk". Because that's what they are probably doing. Ideas don't develop in a vacuum and everyone wants to prove the Poles wrong.
Question is, can you or it's just wishful thinking?

Not what I expected Armağan Yavuz to look like these days with 3 miilion sales under his belt. I was more thinking 'biggest man in the world and covered in 14 carat gold' sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom