Ranked Skirmish needs drastic changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathBG

Squire
I will address the main issues in the game currently.

1. Players Dodging bad match ups. - Players leave in warm up when they get weak players in their team to avoid getting a game that will result in them losing. Those players need to get 30 minutes Skirmish cooldown and -30 ranked points for leaving the game like that. This will encourage people to stay and actually play the game because right now there are no consequences for such behaviour.

2. Skirmish mode should be Solo que/Duo que only - Groups that are bigger than 2 players are devastating for the balance of the game and result in all new players leaving the game. The community is too small so you can get a newbie with no rank and a conqueror in the same game. Imagine having more than 2 people with high ranks in the same team where they talk and have amazing teamwork. It totally ruins the balance of the game.

Another solution is to forbid players who have a rank higher than Gold 3 to search for Ranked Skirmish Matches while being in a party.

3. Teams are still being very badly balanced. - I still get into games with 1 experienced guy and 4 newbies vs 6 good players. How is that fair? I feel like the algorithm assigns people randomly into the teams. That results in what? You guessed it right! People leave mid-match and most probs never play multiplayer again..

I still get into games with 1 experienced guy and 4 newbies vs 6 good players. How is that fair?
I agree with two previous points, but bro, come on, it's day 2 since patch released, I still wasn't able to get my rank because every time I search for a game I either can't find one, or the servers just stop working like yesterday. I bet a lot of those are unranked as well. Give it a week or two before judging balance.

You can't make me believe that a ranking system is going to do anything to the match up with other players.

As it stands, I can not imagine there being more than 20 at peak time people matching up to play a game of skirmish. The MMR system only works wonders when you have an actual decent player base to pick from and match up.

You can't make me believe that a ranking system is going to do anything to the match up with other players.

As it stands, I can not imagine there being more than 20 at peak time people matching up to play a game of skirmish. The MMR system only works wonders when you have an actual decent player base to pick from and match up.
Even with 20 players, if mmr is properly done, balanced matches can happen. HINQ MM is proof of that.

3. Teams are still being very badly balanced. - I still get into games with 1 experienced guy and 4 newbies vs 6 good players. How is that fair? I feel like the algorithm assigns people randomly into the teams. That results in what? You guessed it right! People leave mid-match and most probs never play multiplayer again..
Ye, they really need to fix that

Even with 20 players, if mmr is properly done, balanced matches can happen. HINQ MM is proof of that.
It only applies because players there tend to be of higher level. If you put 20 people of VERY different skill, you'd have a complete different situation, which is what the MM in the game is supposed to account and do. In HINQ it's all high tier players if we're being honest even if some of them might be considered weak.

Lobbies shouldn't be balanced where there are 2 high-tier, 3 mid-tier and 1 low tier player in a single team. It's supposed to be 6 mid-tier vs 6 mid-tier or 6 low-tier vs 6 low-tier. Again, the issue stems from their low player base.

The priorities of the devs are completely wrong.

Every time TW releases a new major feature they demonstrate that their analytics and specification is done by an intern who probably does not speak English (otherwise he could have googled other relevant experience or come to community discord as there are already 2 teams that made successful MM in WB and BL) and never played games since such mistakes are impossible to make if you played at least one game with matchmaking.
Whole pipeline of analysts, programmers, designers etc never asks themselves a question - Okay, we got a basic implementation, is there anything to break it? Which is the basic question when you design or program something. TW, please spend some budget on people with experience otherwise you will never get out of EA.

The problem with ranked system is the ranked system itself. I don't know of any game that has a good ranked system without problems. But forcing people to play only ranked skirmish games is insane. It seems like MP is just a thing to test new things and we players are its involuntary testers.Bring in a new thing, try it out and then throw it away again.

I haven't play the skirmish for 2 days as a result of the extremely foolish ranking system.If we have 23 players to play the skirmish,how can the other 11 players join the game?We can't even play the game because of the ranking system.What we only have are three old servers which have boring maps and crash at any time.I'm a player from EA so I have to play the game with a ping of 80.
Imagine 60 minutes with only 30 minutes playing the game and the other 40 minutes wasted because the server crashed. As for skirmish, I can no longer play it because of the ranking system so I don't even know what TW's new map refers to.As for battle mode?I've been waiting it for two months because they said it would be completed in 1.7.2., however,I can't see any battle servers in EA.
I've played the game for 2300+ hours and nearly 2 years. I've recommended the game for many friends during the period.Today I have to give it up because of the problem of the game itself.I love the game but I can not understand what TW is doing.Maybe they want the game to die?

Back
Top Bottom