It's unbelievable how grossly incompetent you are at doing anything to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Younes

Grandmaster Knight
It's been 2 years, and each time it's the same story. Each single time you manage to roll out a patch and roll out a thousand bugs and issues with it.

I am not talking about simple small bugs, no, it's major game breaking issues that either turn you deaf, make the game completely unplayable or manage to make the worst balance decisions to have come to mind to anyone walking this earth.

You can't even write patch notes that actually include the changes said in them for Christ’s sake, your communication with the MP player base is already completely beyond saving, but now you're going to get the patch notes wrong? God forbid someone actually paid attention and checked if anything in the previous patch notes was true.

At this point i am sure the TW employees who read this kind of threads think to themselves, oh look another hate thread about the game as usual, it's to be expected when developing games. But no, you're living in denial about the state of the game and the way your developing the game, the only thing keeping people going is the promise of servers that god help us reach at least 200 players minimum, but no. We don't know anything about that either, no communication, no stress testing, nothing.

@badbuckle I don't know if you will even read this, but since it was mentioned you're new, please for the love of god don't be absorbed by the rest of the taleworlds hive mind and communicate with us. Speak in code if you're being held hostage or something because it is UNBELIEVABLE how little communication there is for a part of the game which's sole existence hangs on the participation of the community with exception to a single dev. I will grant you that the patch releasing on friday didn't give you time to work on communicating with us yet about this patch.

Last edited:
So the community started off fairly toxic and NIN3 still communicated with us. Community became way less toxic and more well behaved.
Now NIN3 is gone and look what happens?

So either NIN3 is a god, which I doubt or TW is just an expert at bad communication and able to piss everyone off with a single patch.

*And piss away all the progress made

It's ****ing unbelievable, but yes I will keep civil and encourage to everyone to do the same. @badbuckle what is needed from us to get you to listen to your playerbase? No communication will not improve your work, so if you are not happy with whatever **** comes out of this "community" say it.

not even a single EU server is playable lmao. The boomers were right all along.. warband is superior

So the community started off fairly toxic and NIN3 still communicated with us. Community became way less toxic and more well behaved.
Now NIN3 is gone and look what happens?

So either NIN3 is a god, which I doubt or TW is just an expert at bad communication and able to piss everyone off with a single patch.

*And piss away all the progress made

It's ****ing unbelievable, but yes I will keep civil and encourage to everyone to do the same. @badbuckle what is needed from us to get you to listen to your playerbase? No communication will not improve your work, so if you are not happy with whatever **** comes out of this "community" say it.

I don't think NIN3 would save the game, but he did make it a lot less bad as some previous MP leads we had, and I think you know who those are. It also helps NIN3 was communicating with a lot of the people on discord who do play the game, and it felt like he cared.

It is very sad to hear already that our new MP lead decided to revert a MAJOR change (Javelins as melee) that is obviously not meant to be played that way, unless I am playing in a universe where we will soon be able to use arrows as a primary melee weapon.

Can we all appreciate the fact that the game isn't working and skirmish servers all crash?
You can't even make this up, they release the patch FRIDAY and EVERY SINGLE TIME there are issues with the servers and EVERY SINGLE TIME we have to wait days for them to fix it because it's weekend.

It's been 2 years, and each time it's the same story. Each single time you manage to roll out a patch and roll out a thousand bugs and issues with it.

I am not talking about simple small bugs, no, it's major game breaking issues that either turn you deaf, make the game completely unplayable or manage to make the worst balance decisions to have come to mind to anyone walking this earth.

You can't even write patch notes that actually include the changes said in them for Christ’s sake, your communication with the MP player base is already completely beyond saving, but now you're going to get the patch notes wrong? God forbid someone actually paid attention and checked if anything in the previous patch notes was true.

At this point i am sure the TW employees who read this kind of threads think to themselves, oh look another hate thread about the game as usual, it's to be expected when developing games. But no, you're living in denial about the state of the game and the way your developing the game, the only thing keeping people going is the promise of servers that god help us reach at least 200 players minimum, but no. We don't know anything about that either, no communication, no stress testing, nothing.

@badbuckle I don't know if you will even read this, but since it was mentioned you're new, please for the love of god don't be absorbed by the rest of the taleworlds hive mind and communicate with us. Speak in code if you're being held hostage or something because it is UNBELIEVABLE how little communication there is for a part of the game which's sole existence hangs on the participation of the community with exception to a single dev. I will grant you that the patch releasing on friday didn't give you time to work on communicating with us yet about this patch.
Bro you said it all

While I agree with what you said (mostly), let's not try and moralize. It reads as if you are talking to Anakin Skywalker, trying to pull him away from the dark side, like really - this is a game forum, not a book/movie. As a developer, there's probably not much space to balance between making the community satisfied and being a good and worthy of keeping employee (from the employer pov) - this includes office politics and whatnot.

While I agree with what you said (mostly), let's not try and moralize. It reads as if you are talking to Anakin Skywalker, trying to pull him away from the dark side, like really - this is a game forum, not a book/movie. As a developer, there's probably not much space to balance between making the community satisfied and being a good and worthy of keeping employee (from the employer pov) - this includes office politics and whatnot.
Younes is using developer as a generic term - who he's really adressing are the people in charge making decisions, I'm assuming.

And those REALLY do need pulling away from the dark side.

TaleWorlds the company (I'm sure there are, especially: were, exceptions to that looking at their employees) doesn't give two ****s about Multiplayer. That should be clear by now considering that by now, nearly 3 years since alpha, we still don't have the #1 requested "feature" - custom servers.
Also, remember that time the head of the company hopped on forums to blatantly lie about setting up South American servers soonTM? lol

??
Why can't they communicate? What has that to do with office politics? Like just tell what the damn focus is atm and that you are aware of some issues and if you wi address them or not.
EA even has better communication than this smh

Has nothing to do with executing what the community wants but just using those pesky little fingers on that sweaty greasy keyboard.

??
Why can't they communicate? What has that to do with office politics? Like just tell what the damn focus is atm and that you are aware of some issues and if you wi address them or not.

Has nothing to do with executing what the community wants but just using those pesky little fingers on that sweaty greasy keyboard.

I am sure you've noticed that they have continuously failed to communicate any of their intentions, and visions and address the community's concerns since like 2012.

While I agree with what you said (mostly), let's not try and moralize. It literally reads as if you are talking to Anakin Skywalker trying to pull him away from the dark side, like really - this is a game forum, not a book. As a developer, there's probably not much space to balance between making the community satisfied and being a good and worthy of keeping employee (from the employer pov) - this includes office politics and whatnot.
I can agree on your point about the office space partly, yes office culture can differ widely from office to office. And I am sure NIN3's longer years working on the game has granted him some more liberty at doing things the way he wants.

But it's insane to me that someone who is actively becoming a software engineer, and for you a developer, can I hope to see the gross incompetence on how they are firstly testing their game and secondly processing feedback. Both of which are major points in developing software or, in this case, a multiplayer videogame.

I literally can't imagine how you could ship this patch with no penalties feature for the matchmaking. You have to be in the wrong position to approve this and imagine people would not misuse this warm up mechanic when you're talking about a multiplayer video game..

Younes is using developer as a generic term - who he's really adressing are the people in charge making decisions, I'm assuming.

And those REALLY do need pulling away from the dark side.

TaleWorlds the company (I'm sure there are, especially: were, exceptions to that looking at their employees) doesn't give two ****s about Multiplayer. That should be clear by now considering that by now, nearly 3 years since alpha, we still don't have the #1 requested "feature" - custom servers.
Also, remember that time the head of the company hopped on forums to blatantly lie about setting up South American servers soonTM? lol

At this point, after the few MP leads we had it's the only reasonable explanation, because I can not fathom that this many people who are put in charge of the MP have managed to keep on track with doing some of the worst changes in existence on purpose. It's like whoever who is actually designing, which you mentioned in your next point, is using the MP leads as scapegoats and leave them little room to do anything.

??

Office politics really are a big thing and i think it's clear there is some misusage by the higher end of the pyramid.

This thread 10/10
Its so damn ridicoulus how they keep releasing patches on fridays and then nothing gets fixed for days.

Introducing ranked while the game keeps crashing all the time, what a joke.
In my first 5 played matches I crashed 4 times, but still the score counts towards my rank.

Then not having stacks seperated on matchmaking....
Wich would also kinda kill the game due to the small playerbase, the game is just not ready for ranked at this point.

Just on a side note about the removal of the badges without giving a heads up so you could atleast take a screenshot for memories.
People who played this game a lot over the last 2 years and also gave you data to evaluate, just get kicked in the balls.

Back
Top Bottom