Are we ripped off in some way by TW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.Has anyone ever thought that we were kinda scammed?I have that feeling that they are trying to make the most out of the least possible.They took advandage of the unique concept they have on their hands and they released they most empty game ever.Personally cant play without 15 mods.I question the morality of selling a foundation that becames a game with the love/time/effort of the community.

I did but thats the wrong mentallity.And we take this for granted.Also does TW. Therefore we can never expect a decent game from TW.
The base game is okay at best. TW doesn't really take it as granted, it's still very much at the mercy of the community to keep the game alive and has to ensure their game is pretty modable.

I did but thats the wrong mentallity.And we take this for granted.Also does TW. Therefore we can never expect a decent game from TW.
Well the entire franchise thrives on the modding aspect of the game, which is why the devs made it a priority to have Bannerlord be more accessible and moddable than Warband or the original M&B were.
From what I've seen in the game industry over the years Bannerlord is far from a rip-off, arguably the only oddity is that the early access began at full-price. And still, you get what you paid for.
Also I pity the poor souls that play the game without mods. It's still fun, but mods make it so much better and keep it interesting so you might actually "finish" the sandbox for once.

Hello everyone.Has anyone ever thought that we were kinda scammed?I have that feeling that they are trying to make the most out of the least possible.They took advandage of the unique concept they have on their hands and they released they most empty game ever.Personally cant play without 15 mods.I question the morality of selling a foundation that becames a game with the love/time/effort of the community.
So what's the bet on hours played? I'm thinking 100+ at least. Though typically people wait for the 500 mark before suddenly realising they don't like it....

Apparently.

You bought an in-development early-access game and feel like you didn't get an early-access in-development game?

Interesting set of expectations there.

Each to their own tho. You can always go complain to steam and ask for your money back. I'm pretty sure the disclaimer on the box is pretty clear tho. But give it a go.

You can already have some decent hours of play before looking at the mods, so i don't feel scammed or whatever.
Visuals are great, I like roaming around the map, be free to do whatever you want, join a faction, do some quests.
Let's keep the final verdict for the full release...

I'm sorry if you feel that the game doesn't currently meet your expectations, however, you are crossing a line here by saying that we are trying to scam people.

We clearly state that the game is in early access and is therefore in an unfinished state. We have encouraged people from the very start to hold off on buying the game in early access if they have any concerns and to instead wait for the full release before making their decision. We dropped the NDA on the multiplayer beta before the game was released so that people could make a more informed decision about buying the game at the initial EA launch and since then the game has been available for over 2 years with thousands of videos and reviews in a number of different languages out in the wild for people to check out.

I would also like to point out that we actually go to great efforts to make the game highly moddable so that players can experience the game the way they want to, and this increases our workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom