Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

We actually care about the well being of our employees. If people want to use their own personal holiday days to extend national holidays they are well within their rights to do that. And honestly, I'm sorry for you if your own personal experiences of employment in Turkey fall short of basic needs like having time off at the weekend and holidays to spend with your family.
I hope you guys stay safe too. Not to get political but there is stuff going on over there just north of Turkey. I probably won't get to play again until August at this point anyways. There's plenty of places in the US where you're lucky to get time off in this economy.

because the holidays were always used as an excuse
That is simply not true. People asked about whether a patch would arrive during bayram. I explained that it won't happen during that week and probably not the next week either, because many people were taking vacation. If sharing such information is portrayed as making excuses, the only take away for me is not to share such information.

That is simply not true. People asked about whether a patch would arrive during bayram. I explained that it won't happen during that week and probably not the next week either, because many people were taking vacation. If sharing such information is portrayed as making excuses, the only take away for me is not to share such information.
Is there any chance 1.72beta go live tonight?

don't let a few bad apples stop that(not meaning Makaveli), it was what I was trying to say a month ago, there will be people who do that, but to withhold information from those that truly care about the game and its development is wrong. Why punish all for the acts of a few?????
Not giving info because of deadlines or expectations is not what most of us do, so to lump us in that group and cut communication to a minimum is not the right way about it.

Inappropriate behavior
You have a reading comprehension problem.
There is no comprehension problem. You're the one who doesn't know how to write a paragraph properly and clearly try to say something. You clearly stated you wanted them to stop taking so much holidays because they are looking for "excuses" or whatever gymnastic ur about to pull out. Read what you wrote < snip >
Taleworlds abuses these holidays a lot and takes a maximum of days off. Employees in Turkey often cannot even take a weekend break. In short, this is just an excuse. Taleworlds is using all vacation rights it can. Under the normal conditions of our country, no one has the opportunity to take such a vacation. They are just looking for excuses for their own incompetence and slowness.
You go from saying "taleworlds is using all vacations rights it has" which is completely fine and legal as it's within their rights to then say under normal conditions they don't take such vacations. Which is it now?

From my understanding of your badly phrased paragraph, I can deduce taleworlds is giving its employees better rights than the norm over there, which you seem to see as a bad thing. Your connection to them taking holidays and incompetence have literally no correlation except the mental gymnastics you're putting up in your brain.

that's gaming for you lol.

one of the guys working on BF2042 was tweeting about coming back to work after christmas/new years and said something about "brutal expectations" of people expecting him & his team to work through the holidays.
ended with him having to delete his tweets & people are still throwing that quote at anything and everything related to that game...
< snip > can't even let someone enjoy their time off with family.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my understanding of your badly phrased paragraph, I can deduce taleworlds is giving its employees better rights than the norm over there, which you seem to see as a bad thing.
No, you have a reading comprehension problem and you are not my interlocutor. If you know someone who knows how to talk like a human, I can talk to them, thank you.

Holidays are a sideshow; a standard, competent team of this size, with competent leadership, could be taking every other week off and still be more productive than what we're seeing here. The pace and quality is abysmal.

A random collection of ideas is not a roadmap.

A policy of never commenting on what is being tested in the release candidate is chicken ****.

The lack of communication is pure hubris.

I'll never buy another EA from them again.

It's generally good advice to calm your attitude when participating in a debate, otherwise it damages your line of thought.
It might also clash with the forum rules, so be sure to keep that in mind before you press send on a post that would otherwise be described as regrettable.

The real source of people's frustration here isn't really that Taleworlds is having holidays.

People are actually frustrated because

A: From the severe lack of progress in the last nearly half a year, it seems like many Taleworlds employees- a handful of hardworking individuals aside - are treating their work time as holiday time.

This is backed up by Taleworlds' Glassdoor reviews, where frustrated employees complain about widespread procrastination; or satisfied employees talk about the total lack of deadlines.
We can see the evidence for ourselves: Nothing happening. Maybe it's one lazy department holding up another hardworking department, or something, I don't know, but ultimately there is a problem inside TW.

B: You can't say we haven't been patient. This game's development has already taken nearly 11 years. For comparison, games usually take 1-5 years in development. Duke Nukem Forever, the widely mocked example of terrible game development management, took 14 years in development.

Personally, I just want this game to be fun, work properly, fulfill its promises, and be an all-around improvement on Warband. But with the current rate of progress (a very small amount of improvements in 6 months), who actually knows how many more years that's going to take?

C: Lack of transparency and communication as to the specific reasons behind delays - "blocker issues" is no longer good enough after a 2 month wait - and lack of information on what's actively being worked on and what concrete plans are in place to solve certain issues.

Speaking of holidays, I should take a holiday from checking this forum to see if anything has happened, and finding nothing™️

Last edited:
A: From the severe lack of progress in the last nearly half a year, it seems like many Taleworlds employees- a handful of hardworking individuals aside - are treating their work time as holiday time.
Personally attacking developers through "implication" is not cool. People work hard. Putting them down like that based on conjecture is the one thing that really grinds my gears out of all the recent discussions.

blocker issues" is no longer good enough after a 2 month wait
Well, it's the truth. We release patches when they pass testing. They don't pass when there are blocker issues (crashes/game breaking). What would be the alternative answer to "why haven't you released the patch"?

Upcoming voiceovers should be interesting and fun. My avatar often feels like there is smtg wrong with all those mute people of Calradia ?

Personally attacking developers through "implication" is not cool.
True. If developers and resources are transferred to other projects, it's managers that should be blamed, not developers.
Over the past half a year, I've been playing CKIII. Its battle system is rubbish by the way.
It's been half a year and I come to see what happened with BL. Almost nothing. It's rather dissappointing. For me, knowing what you guys are doing is good enough. Anyway I won't start a new campaign until BL is complete. Complete, I mean including DLCs. I guess that it'll take years. You guys are really slow.

What the people really want is to know even if roughly what may come in the next.
It doesn't even need to be too specific could be something like: next patch may have new armors, changes to some maps and so on.
You could even say it's an work in progress therefore it may change, it's not even that compromising and would make most if not all happier

Well, it's the truth. We release patches when they pass testing. They don't pass when there are blocker issues (crashes/game breaking). What would be the alternative answer to "why haven't you released the patch"?
You could've said that it was because crashing/game breaking issues, saying just blocker issues sounds too generic, people are thinking it's a random excuse, when now i know it's not really that

it's managers that should be blamed, not developers.
maxresdefault.jpg

You guys are really slow.

It's like finally getting seats to a restaurant with a 6-month wait.
But you get your appetizer too early with the main course being delayed 30+minutes; or they ran out of an ingredient and you have to repick another course. All you can do is ask the waiter, they 'check with back of house' and get back with some reasoning, apology, or whatever (as not necessarily their fault).
People react differently - some just up and leave, cause a scene, demand compensation, wait it out, etc...
Unfortunate thing is, as one that waited patiently, even when the main course comes, I've pretty much already lost my appetite. The overall restaurant experience has been spoiled even if the main course (and desserts???) was good in the end.

The early announcement just indicates that lots of work is left to do. If the clarification is made late in the week, it's because there is still a chance for the patch to hit beforehand (however small).

RE Roadmap - You can review our long term plans here
The roadmap says that there are plans for skill experience gains, what can we expect from this? I did create a thread recently about leveling up skills and pretty much everybody there agrees that skills in general level too slow with some of them leveling far too slow. Some of the really problematic skills to level up are Medicine, Rougery, Athletics, Scouting, Riding (it seems to level properly when using a bow but gaining XP with meele weapons feels bugged) and Trading.

I'm totally fine with leveling up weapon skills for example because that happens passively by playing the game. What bothers me are the skills which you have to do very specific things to level them up, like Smithing for example. It feels unsatisfying to spend 1-2 hours with "waiting and clicking" in order to level it up because I did already put skill points in there. This just makes the game feel more grindy and tedious which hurts the replayability in my opinion and makes me miss Warband where I get an immediate benefit after leveling up for all skills except weapon master.

Back
Top Bottom