GIVE THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS WHAT THEY WANT: Fix Single-Player before doing anything else with multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallGeneral

Recruit
It's common knowledge that the huge majority of Mount and Blade players play for the singleplayer campaigns. The amount of missing features, bugs, lack of depth, and other bare-boned basic features this far into development is astounding to say the least. Worse yet, with every update that is done, the only actual improvements that are made are to multiplayer. STOP.

There have never been more than 200 people playing multiplayer online at a time. Why is that minority receiving more attention than the ever loyal and abundant singleplayer players? Is it not profitable enough for the developers? Have they all but rolled over to the trend of releasing half-baked games and expecting players to be content with pitiful updates every now and then?

I have hundreds of hours on this game and enjoy what is available, but as stated before, it is lacking in depth and remains extremely shallow. How long do I have to wait until I can actually ask characters something ("I have something to ask") other than "nevermind." How long do I have to wait for characters to show an ounce of personality that actually influences gameplay? How long do I have to wait to tell my leaders as a vassal of a vulnerable castle that we should capture? How long do I need to wait to be able to throw a feast at my settlement? How long do I need to wait to have companions that actually care about what decisions I make? How long do I have to wait for the actual developers to put as much as an ounce of the effort modders do into their own game?

I declare that the developers of this game have the DUTY of carrying on the incredible legacy that Warband left. The amount of time and continued unfocused efforts that are being made are disturbing and unacceptable. Swallow your pride and what you want and give those that pay you what they are asking for. Release the Bannerlord we were all hoping it would be.

I agree (or I used too)but I think they don't do very much for MP anyway. The bigger issue is removing vestigial problems caused by original captain mode "balance" from single player, however TW claims "vision" for some of it. Namely the similar performance and power level of higher/lower tiers of troops. It makes sense for a captain mode where you need 3 lower power units to be plausibly equal to 1 high power unit.... but for a single player game where we raise and grow our parties we want more dramatic and dependable difference in our resources. "T5/5 unit ☠️ by recruit" just feels so sloppy and poorly designed. Related is the absolute abysmal value of melee skill: you can have zero skill and fight perfectly, so can the AI. Again I blame wanting close power levels for captain mode for this too.

Hehe, I agree, the like 2.5 interns they have working on it need to get back to balancing armor.

No need to encourage the cheeto-and-feeling smelling people who play MP anyway.

Thanks to our cognitive biases and the way we respond to negative stimulation relative to positive, we tend to see the things we don't like, rather than notice the things we do like.

So if the devs are working on both MP and SP, but we prefer MP, then we're going to pay more attention to news that SP is being improved, because it incites a negative stimulus. And visa versa.

This is how mainstream news is often described as partisan by all sides of political debates - because we see the articles that make us angry rather than notice those that don't.

with every update that is done, the only actual improvements that are made are to multiplayer. STOP.
You'd think that based on what little love SP has received but the fact of the matter is multiplayer has gotten far less.
I have hundreds of hours on this game and enjoy what is available, but as stated before, it is lacking in depth and remains extremely shallow.
The lack of depth and shallowness of the game is actually a feature - simple gameplay non-tactical battle simulator.
How long do I have to wait for characters to show an ounce of personality that actually influences gameplay?
Not happening - in Bannerlord individual characters don't matter it's about the clans.... and the clans aren't really different from one another. :confused:
How long do I have to wait to tell my leaders as a vassal of a vulnerable castle that we should capture?
Good question.
How long do I need to wait to be able to throw a feast at my settlement?
Forever... At least in the vanilla version - TW has decided to completely do away with feasts. That is not a lie or misinformation, they literally decided against implementing them because... TaleWorlds is disappointing.
How long do I need to wait to have companions that actually care about what decisions I make? How long do I have to wait for the actual developers to put as much as an ounce of the effort modders do into their own game?

I declare that the developers of this game have the DUTY of carrying on the incredible legacy that Warband left. The amount of time and continued unfocused efforts that are being made are disturbing and unacceptable. Swallow your pride and what you want and give those that pay you what they are asking for. Release the Bannerlord we were all hoping it would be.
LMAO

This is why players are not natural born project managers they think they are.
Here is a project plan according to players:
1. Put everyone to work on the engine.
2. Now put everyone to work on the models and textures.
3. Now reassign everyone to scripting.
4. Everyone should do sounds and music now.
5. Finally, put everyone on multiplayer, including the accountant and the janitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom