Suggestion General Give modders ability to change MissionInitializerRecord properties after mission initialized

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Could Taleworlds please give modders the ability to change MissionInitializerRecord properties after mission initialized? Thanks in advance.

Which properties are you planning on changing? Because some of these properties would equal to loading another scene. Maybe we can supply a way to change these properties and how they affect the scene, in another way.

Last edited:
Which properties are you planning on changing? Because some of these properties would equal to loading another scene. Maybe we can supply a way to change these properties and how they affect the scene in, another way.
Basically to update AtmosphereInfo properties on runtime. Thank you for your interest.

Which values do you want to change in that struct after the mission has started?
giphy.gif

Mainly having access to all of them would be great... but more importantly SkyInformation, TimeInformation, SunInformation, RainInformation, SnowInformation...

Well... you know what I'm talking about my dear mustard lover :iamamoron:; imagination ranging from dynamic atmospheric applications like _Sebastian_'s for Battle of Europe to crazy ideas like Ruthven's Explorer!... but in future projects for Bannerlord.

giphy.gif

Basically to be able to change season on the run time in TimeInformation. But having direct change and read access to AtmosphereInfo in general is more helpful since currently we don't have engine functions for setting skybox mesh or getting current atmosphere name.

We only have either get or set methods for them. Or at least having something which we can play with the interpolation datas.

Indeed, this already happens in campaign map "magically", snow slowly fades away when season changes and comes back in winter etc...but cloud_shadow doesn't seem to be accessible so having an access to that would also be nice...

You know... this kind of access in order to give wings to our imagination :fruity:.

Sure, will bring it up at the modding meeting. But Terco, don't turn your imagination into termagination. Stay with us even though the dark side has cookies :smile:

Sure, will bring it up at the modding meeting. But Terco, don't turn your imagination into termagination.
I trully believe you will, whether it will eventually be implemented is another matter; you know I appreciate your dedication and commitment... But unfortunately we both know how deep the rabbit hole goes ?.
Stay with us even though the dark side has cookies :smile:

I' m more of a popcorn person... but sometimes the dark side of hope™ calls to me :iamamoron:.

JBenx.jpg

Hey, jumping in on this too. I'm also trying to change the skybox texture, sun intensity, rain density and fog density. Currently the Scene class has methods such as SetRainDensity(), however the SetSun() and SetFog() methods are not ideal because while I only want to set the sun intensity and the fog density, I will have pass in 2 or 3 other arguments that I don't want to change. And then there is no method to change the skybox texture.

On campaign, the atmosphere record is created dynamically.
On custom battle, it is read from an xml. The atmosphere file might be overwriting your changes.
Thanks.

So my request is simple:
  1. Add functionality to set only the scene's skybox texture.
  2. Add functionality to set only the scene's sun intensity.
  3. Add functionality to set only the scene's fog density.
  4. Make rain density scale visually according to its numerical value.
I notice that the AtmosphereInfo class already has properties for the sun intensity and fog density which can be set, but there are no corresponding methods in the Scene class, at least not ones which set only the sun intensity and fog density. Please add those methods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom