What can modders actually do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do the mod teams have the ability to create new siege maps?

What about adding new siege towers and ladders to the maps as well?

I've asked the dev team to give the entire mod tools to them and they've always said the same thing "What do they not have?" Maybe they do have the entire mod tools and its just taking too long or maybe they dont. What do they actually have?

Do the mod teams have the ability to create new siege maps?

What about adding new siege towers and ladders to the maps as well?

I've asked the dev team to give the entire mod tools to them and they've always said the same thing "What do they not have?" Maybe they do have the entire mod tools and its just taking too long or maybe they dont. What do they actually have?
To answer your question - modders can do a lot right now.

RPEULb9.jpg

3AmXLJI.png

7qwLYPv.jpg

But these things take time - especially for a non-professional team. To my (limited) understanding the only major thing outstanding is good documentation. Which is significant.

Last I heard, the skeleton editor tool and scripting tool were missing. But I am probably quite far behind the loop on this one. @Terco_Viejo could you please shine some light on this for us with your knowledge?

You can find the released tools in the stickied FAQ:
We have released an array of in-depth modding tools that are currently accessible via Steam only (we are looking to expand the modding tools support to other platforms in the future). They include the following:
  • Scene Editor Toolset
    • Entity Placement Tools
    • Terrain Import, Export, and Editing Tools
    • Navigation Mesh Tools
    • GI Baking Tools
    • Level System Editing Tool
    • Path Editing Tools
  • Resource Editors
    • Resource Browser
    • Material Editor
    • Mesh Editor
    • Texture Editor
    • Body Editor
    • Cloth Editor
    • Atmosphere Editor
    • Skeleton Editor
    • Particle Editor
    • Model & Animation Viewer

scripting tool
I am not sure what you are referring to here.

I am saying - these are the tools that have been released (for some time). If there are additional requirements that they do not fulfill, modders are encouraged to share their suggestions here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/official-tools-modding-feedback.755/

Appreciated. I feel some people still worry that the tools aren't available because we haven't (yet) seen the wealth of mods that Warband has.

But I think this is purely down to;
  1. The Big conversion mods take a long time.
  2. No workshop functionality (yet)
  3. No MP modded servers (yet).

Appreciated. I feel some people still worry that the tools aren't available because we haven't (yet) seen the wealth of mods that Warband has.

And it is EA and modders may not take the risk to see countless hours of work being wasted because of some unpredictable changes...

And to reply to the OP: Yes modders can already do a LOT of things.

I am saying - these are the tools that have been released (for some time). If there are additional requirements that they do not fulfill, modders are encouraged to share their suggestions here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/official-tools-modding-feedback.755/

What about skeleton editing?

I know the warhammer mod thats coming out is going to take a while since they cant create the goblin, orc skeletons so they have to edit from the human template. Am i correct?

What about skeleton editing?

I know the warhammer mod thats coming out is going to take a while since they cant create the goblin, orc skeletons so they have to edit from the human template. Am i correct?
This concerns how the game itself works. While we are working on making skins/races moddable, playable characters will have to use humanoid skeletons. Goblin and orcs will therefore be possible, but not dragons / spiders / etc (read - be playable, they may still function as animals as far as I understand).

This concerns how the game itself works. While we are working on making skins/races moddable, playable characters will have to use humanoid skeletons. Goblin and orcs will therefore be possible, but not dragons / spiders / etc (read - be playable, they may still function as animals as far as I understand).
I dearly remember the magnificent, galloping spiders of warband. :mrgreen:
I am still hoping for a more dignified spider existence in Bannerlord though! :grin:

I'd love to know if things like the barter screen can be modded, if things like attitudes/relationships between kingdoms can be added. In other words if it will ever be possible to have a mod which adds Total War style diplomacy or something of the sort.

I'd love to know if things like the barter screen can be modded, if things like attitudes/relationships between kingdoms can be added. In other words if it will ever be possible to have a mod which adds Total War style diplomacy or something of the sort.
Not sure what you mean by modding the barter screen, but for the rest yes.
Unfortunately Bannerlord still has fundamental issues (economy, AI etc...) so modding those behaviors could lead to unexpected results at this point.
Banner Kings, fo example, looks awesome but the creator is having some hard time to balance the food flow etc...

.... the creator is having some hard time to balance the food flow etc...
Let's have FEASTS everywhere! Feasts in castles, feasts in towns, feasts in villages, feasts in hideouts, wherever you go there is a feast with an abundance of organic fruits/vegetables and vegan chickens* and tofu and almond milk and...what else?

* chickens that only eat vegan feed (no worms or bugs)

4) Frustration that early access seems to be dragging on forever and every new patch breaks all the mods (and seemingly will continue to do so until the sun burns out).

Total war diplomacy?! That's an odd choice for an example to follow.

Let's have FEASTS everywhere! Feasts in castles, feasts in towns, feasts in villages, feasts in hideouts, wherever you go there is a feast with an abundance of organic fruits/vegetables and vegan chickens* and tofu and almond milk and...what else?

* chickens that only eat vegan feed (no worms or bugs)
The creator will have feast for (of?) all of us!!!
Didn't mean to misrepresent you or anything, was just hoping for a simple answer. That interview is hilarious, oof.
What was he saying again?

Not sure what you mean by modding the barter screen, but for the rest yes.
Unfortunately Bannerlord still has fundamental issues (economy, AI etc...) so modding those behaviors could lead to unexpected results at this point.
Banner Kings, fo example, looks awesome but the creator is having some hard time to balance the food flow etc...
I just meant adding options, using it to negotiate peace treaties or whatever. Giving it some use other than paying money.
But cool, that makes me want to actually learn how to do it. I know it wont be beyond my understanding, I just have no idea where to begin.
Total war diplomacy?! That's an odd choice for an example to follow.
Why?

Back
Top Bottom