Some questions about editing Mercenary Camps

Users who are viewing this thread

Kadin

Recruit
Hello!

I'm looking for a way to increase the maximum amount of recruitable mercenaries from the Mercenary Camps and also change the rate that these camps will be refilled with units again. I have edited some values from the scripts.txt file, wich you can find in the module folder, to make the game more favorable, but i can't find the file and the numbers i need to edit to achieve what i described above. I'm wayting for a solution to this, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Always ask modding questions in this section: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/modding-q-a.538/.

As I mentioned in another thread of yours, make sure to use ModSys for transparent edits of the module. Messing with compiled text files is very troublesome. If you learn some basics of modding, you will easily find a solution to your problem.

Hi and sorry for posting in the wrong section. I'd rather prefer to not use the module system for this, but instead edit directly the txt module files, as i did for the other tweaks. Could someone post the line and numbers that i need to edit to accomplish what i described in the first post? Also, how do i know wich numbers i should look for when editing these txt files? Is there some sort of convertor for this?

Last edited:
Could someone post the line and numbers that i need to edit to accomplish what i described in the first post?
No, no one is going to do that if you cannot find published tweaks dealing with your issue. By not using the ModSys you are condemning yourself to non-transparent edits which may break the module if you do something wrong.
Also, how do i know wich numbers i should look for when editing these txt files?
The funny thing is that you do not and cannot know unless you use the ModSys and compare compiled output and pre-compiled input, which is redundant if you may just use the ModSys.
Is there some sort of convertor for this?
Yes, the ModSys' compiler.

Back
Top Bottom