Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

I got warned for one post in which I used a synonym of a word "kitty" that starts with the letter "p", while rules state that "use of expletives should not make up the bulk of your posts", and "If you constantly use bad language you may be asked to tone it down or have your posts edited or removed". But if you are punishing people for using "bad" language just once, you should update the rules, because they are very misleading.
Also why is there an option to disable censoring "bad" words, if we are not allowed to use them anyway? Seems kinda pointless.
And if people who don't want to see them, don't see them, why are we punished for using them? It doesn't really make sense to me.
A warning is not a punishment, it is not a big deal at all to make an issue of it.

"If you constantly use bad language you may be asked to tone it down or have your posts edited or removed"

This is the applicable portion of the rules in TheHunterMikiPL's case. If he'd really like, I can take another look at his posts and pull instances to justify the response he was given. After reading his post here I gave it a skim and it would not be difficult to find examples.

YE8hs.jpg

giphy.gif

---
The perverse mind or minds that have planned to prolong this """jOkE""" for a whole week should be flogged with wet towels repeatedly on all the days that form it :iamamoron:.

Edit:
My bad, I read week instead of weekend...

Last edited:
For some reason Vimeo links (embeds) have stopped to be supported even though they are listed as approved. I had to paste a plain URL and I must add that I had had no problem with Vimeo links prior to the latest XenForo update.
I checked your post history and see this Vimeo URL:
https://vimeo.com/626472445/016ba4ae7b
I'm not that familiar with Vimeo, rarely even seen videos from it, but I checked their video listings and the videos listed there all seem to be formatted like this, without the extra bit at the end:
https://vimeo.com/605584471
I tried that video link and it embedded fine.

I tried trimming your video link down like that, but it just shows "video not found". I'm guessing that bit at the end is a key, and access to this particular video is restricted to those who have that key on the end?

If that's the case, I can at least report it to the XenForo devs to fix their Vimeo embed code to support those restricted access (or whatever they're called) video URLs.

This problem with certain Vimeo embeds should now be fixed with the latest XenForo update.

Sometimes I miss the function, to list the search results by reverse date order, so oldest posts first. Would that be difficult to implement?
Sorry, but there's no apparent way to do that in XenForo. At the very least, you can use the advanced search form to limit the results to a specific timeframe.

Any chance the notifications in groups could be disabled by default? Or at least an window is given to ask if you want them to be enabled or not? It's just a little bit irritating joining a group then receiving 10 emails in an hour because I forgot to disable the notifications.
This should finally be changed now. When you join a group or a group you're in adds a new discussion forum, you won't automatically be set to Watching those forums.

By the way, and a bit off-topic, but I can't be the only one hating the XenForo move and subsequent reorganization of the TW Forums. Previously you could see everything from the main page, The Forge was one click away, now it feels like there's categories upon categories of nested boards to the point one gets lost, and the fact that the modding section is segregated from the main one is also a bit backwards. Normal people won't look here, while previously you'd see a lot of cross-pollination of curious players and visitors.

I generally like what Janus does, and I also know SMF as a forum system was obsolete and hard to maintain. But this is absolutely atrocious, and a great way of killing your healthy community. I am sure that there are other factors at play here, like the recent Discord-for-everything fad, and that it's been a while since the games came out, but I'm pretty sure this one is at the top. It's not just blind nostalgia, it is legitimately worse conceived and implemented.

One example; I have been trying to format the table and every time I type 8) the forum silently turns it into an emoticon. Doesn't seem like there's anything like the [nobbc][/nobbc] tag from the old system, there was also a checkbox to toggle if you wanted automatic smiley conversion, now it does it every time.
I quoted you here, Swyter, so that Janus has a fair chance to read it as well ^^
I recall that @Dejan wrote something about a redesign of the front page of the forum, etc. hopefully they will integrate the modding section better within the rest of the forum and replace that mostly unused front page.

@Callum is more directly involved in the design and layout as well, so I'll tag him.

One example; I have been trying to format the table and every time I type 8) the forum silently turns it into an emoticon. Doesn't seem like there's anything like the [nobbc][/nobbc] tag from the old system, there was also a checkbox to toggle if you wanted automatic smiley conversion, now it does it every time.
The replacement for [nobbc] from SMF is [plain] in XenForo. Example:
[plain]("plain" 8)[/plain] (normal 8)
("plain" 8) (normal :cool:

Clicking "See more" in the "Postings" tab in profile pages should direct to the second page right away rather than showing the first page a second time and having the user manually skip it immeditealy afterward which will invariably be the case since the point of pressing "See more" in the first place is to proceed with reading the rest of the content, having already gone through the first page.

Last edited:
Clicking "See more" in the "Postings" tab in profile pages should direct to the second page right away rather than showing the first page a second time and having the user manually skip it immeditealy afterward which will invariably be the case since the point of pressing "See more" in the first place is to proceed with reading the rest of the content, having already gone through the first page.
Unfortunately not really practical, would take a fair bit of work. For one thing, the Postings page only lists the most recent 15 posts of the user, while search result pages like you get from clicking "See more" return 20 results per page. So the first page of that has 5 more posts at the end of it.

Unfortunately not really practical, would take a fair bit of work. For one thing, the Postings page only lists the most recent 15 posts of the user, while search result pages like you get from clicking "See more" return 20 results per page. So the first page of that has 5 more posts at the end of it.
In that case, you could add 5 more to the "Postings" tab and direct to the second page afterwards. It's not a big deal either way; even though the thought had occurred to me long before, I only bothered posting it when I had trouble sleeping and had nothing else that I could have done with an exhausted mind.

I've posted a suggestion for the XenForo devs to have consistency in the number of posts between the Postings page and the search results returned by "See more" at the bottom of that page. Maybe they'll improve that as requested at some point.

Back
Top Bottom