Need help tweaking character skills!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kadin

Recruit
Hello! :smile:

I'm playing Mount And Blade: With Fire And Sword for a few days now and enjoying it a lot, but at the moment i'm finding the game somewhat difficult. To make the game become more favorable, there are a few character skills in the game that i want to tweak, like "Leadership", by changing their bonuses to some custom values, and if possible, i also want to create entirelly new skills. I'm wayting for a solution to this problem and would like to know how to do it the easy way, perhaps manually or with some sort of external editor. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I modified the post to simplify what i was trying to say.

Last edited:
It can easily be done through modding the game. I advise you not to play unmodded WFaS because it is too grindy and you will waste your time and get frustrated before even conquering a single settlement. Instead, I recommend you to try an enhancement mod out or mod the game to meaningfully boost your standing. Seriously, playing vanilla is a waste of time.

It can easily be done through modding the game. I advise you not to play unmodded WFaS because it is too grindy and you will waste your time and get frustrated before even conquering a single settlement. Instead, I recommend you to try an enhancement mod out or mod the game to meaningfully boost your standing. Seriously, playing vanilla is a waste of time.

Hello and thanks for the links, i'll download some mods for the game eventually. Now, what i'm trying to do is to edit the character skills by modifying their bonuses and also to create custom skills, could you provide a solution to this, please?

Hello and thanks for the links, i'll download some mods for the game eventually. Now, what i'm trying to do is to edit the character skills by modifying their bonuses and also to create custom skills, could you provide a solution to this, please?
Here are released mods for WFaS: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/with-fire-and-sword.254/. When it comes to modding the source code, adding new skills is rather difficult but it is actually easy to mod the existing ones. Go to Modding section and then to The Forge to kickstart your M&B engine modding adventure and learn some basics.

Here are released mods for WFaS: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/with-fire-and-sword.254/. When it comes to modding the source code, adding new skills is rather difficult but it is actually easy to mod the existing ones. Go to Modding section and then to The Forge to kickstart your M&B engine modding adventure and learn some basics.

Thanks for the message. Can you point out some resources that i should look into regarding modding skills? I did not found much information regarding this.

Could someone help me to edit the character skills in an easy way, please? Its been a few days that i'm trying to solve this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the message. Can you point out some resources that i should look into regarding modding skills? I did not found much information regarding this.
Actually there are lots of modding resources out here, you need to dig deeper. The thread for modder newbies: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...post-new-at-modding-warband-read-here.448322/. The section for them (make sure to refer to its subforum for guides): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-forge-mod-development.64/.
Could someone help me to edit the character skills in an easy way, please? Its been a few days that i'm trying to solve this.
There should be a snippet in the source code governing the Leadership skill, find it and adjust to your preferences.

Actually there are lots of modding resources out here, you need to dig deeper. The thread for modder newbies: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...post-new-at-modding-warband-read-here.448322/. The section for them (make sure to refer to its subforum for guides): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-forge-mod-development.64/.

There should be a snippet in the source code governing the Leadership skill, find it and adjust to your preferences.

Hi.

I have not found resources about modding skills and i also tried following some tutorials for the Module System (wich appears to be what i need) but i have not seen any explanation on how to change the default skills, wich in my case is "Leadeship". I have also looked in all the files under the folders that comes with the Module System but have not found what i needed. Perhaps someone more experienced could explain me how i'm supposed to modify skills?

Hi.

I have not found resources about modding skills and i also tried following some tutorials for the Module System (wich appears to be what i need) but i have not seen any explanation on how to change the default skills, wich in my case is "Leadeship". I have also looked in all the files under the folders that comes with the Module System but have not found what i needed. Perhaps someone more experienced could explain me how i'm supposed to modify skills?
There is a file module_skills.py and also there are some scripts in module_scripts.py which modify skills. These are what you are looking for, but remember that you will need time to find what you need. Make sure to follow some startup tutorials to ensure a smooth workflow.

There is a file module_skills.py and also there are some scripts in module_scripts.py which modify skills. These are what you are looking for, but remember that you will need time to find what you need. Make sure to follow some startup tutorials to ensure a smooth workflow.

Thanks for the reply. I already looked at these files but unfortunatelly i couldn't find anywhere the bonuses that the "Leadership" skill (or any other) provides, so i can modify them. I tought it would be easy to mod skills through the Module System... So, could someone wich uses these files help me edit the default skills, or perhaps there is a simpler way?

Last edited:
I already looked at these files but unfortunatelly i couldn't find anywhere the bonuses that the "Leadership" skill (or any other) provides
That is why you need to learn modding to know what to look for and how to achieve your goals. If you do not want to take your time, you may try a mod out.
I thought it would be easy to mod skills through the Module System... So, could someone wich uses these files help me edit the default skills, or perhaps there is a simpler way?
It is very easy if you know how.

If you want to modify the Leadership skill, open module_scripts.py and find skl_leadership. game_get_party_companion_limit contains the multiplier of additional party members per one level of skill. If you change 5 to 25 in the script ((val_mul, ":skill", 5),), you will get, for example, 25 party members per one level of skill.

I've found that the following character skills work the best

Skills to invest in:
Iron flesh
Athletics
Shoot from horseback
Leadership
Looting ( more battle loot)
Trade

Back
Top Bottom