deployable pavise shields

Users who are viewing this thread

Pavise shields sometimes had spikes on the front so that it could be inserted into the ground so crossbowmen could reload behind it.

I was wondering if you can add a function that allowed pavise shields to deploy standing up when "dropped" in bannerlord.

Considering how much better Vlandia's heavy archers are compared to other heavy archers, I think buffs are the last thing they need.

it would definatly be cool and good for the game, it could cement the bases to engineers in napoleonic mods, or maybe medieval sappers?
I remember there was a submod for the NeoGK mod for Bannerlord that allowed anyone to spawn pavise shields from the ground, though most players did that to build tombstones of their victims.

+1 As a crossbow enthusiast, I would definitely like that.

Archers have the ability to move while reloading, making it extremely hard to duel them with a crossbow if you don't have cover yourself and the archer can aim/predict at least decently. Also, in BL you can shoot relatively accurately while moving thanks to some of the archer perks. Having a deployable shield isn't anything too crazy.

The Mercenaries MP mod did this in Warband (and possibly/likely cRPG, can't remember). It wasn't broken at all or anything. Just some flavor to playing crossbowman and a way to make them not entirely useless in long range, open field engagements.

Another way to do this could be that the reload animation is changed while having a pavise shield. The crossbowman would turn around and crouch while reloading, while having the shield on his back towards the enemy. Alternatively, the animation would be tweaked only very little, so that the shield on the back moves to a good spot for blocking arrows, while the player has to turn away from the enemy himself if he wants to block the arrows. This would be a fun, unique way to play a crossbowman. Bannerlord even has this system where the shield blocks some hits when it's on your back.

I've even tried how well it works for arrows, but it's not too strong and will interrupt the reloading animation. Giving it a small buff so it will take the full hits, or for balance, drop the damage from arrows to something low enough so it doesn't stagger. This would allow for protection from some arrows from long range without giving you god mode vs. say, 5 archers constantly hammering you with shots from near you.

If even warband did not have it considering the years it was ahead in the lore timeline, i doubt bannerlord would have it.
Pikes/spears also weren't couchable in Warband (apart from NW bayonets iirc). Does that mean that BL shouldn't have it either? No really, there is really no point excluding something like this for "lore reasons". Also, pretty sure the reason they weren't working in WB were either technical difficulties on part of TW at the time, and/or general disinterest in introducing it to gameplay.

Pikes/spears also weren't couchable in Warband (apart from NW bayonets iirc). Does that mean that BL shouldn't have it either? No really, there is really no point excluding something like this for "lore reasons". Also, pretty sure the reason they weren't working in WB were either technical difficulties on part of TW at the time, and/or general disinterest in introducing it to gameplay.
The reason they didn't introduce couchable weapons is that the only update the MP has had in the past 6 years in warband was the addition of a useless invasion mode no one asked for.

Also deployable pavise shields were a thing for the longest time in modded warband. There is no technical difficulty for either couching or pavise shields, it's just TW that does not want to add it.

Same for this suggestion, you're asking too much of a suggestion to TW, anyone who played long enough will know that the only suggestion that will make it past the devs is a +2 or -2 balance change to a 98 swing speed weapon.

Also deployable pavise shields were a thing for the longest time in modded warband. There is no technical difficulty for either couching or pavise shields, it's just TW that does not want to add it.
Techical difficulties ***at the time***, be it because of lack of interest or just lack of know-how. I'm very much aware that later on modders did this.

Same for this suggestion, you're asking too much of a suggestion to TW, anyone who played long enough will know that the only suggestion that will make it past the devs is a +2 or -2 balance change to a 98 swing speed weapon.
Let a man dream.

What are you trying to say?? Yes, it was done by modders in Warband as I already agreed regardless of the fact whether TW didn't know how to do that or just didn't care enough. Exactly the same thing with TW having problems earlier with BL custom servers while modders already did that. Either lack of know-how or resources put into that.

What are you trying to say?? Yes, it was done by modders in Warband as I already agreed regardless of the fact whether TW didn't know how to do that or just didn't care enough. Exactly the same thing with TW having problems earlier with BL custom servers while modders already did that. Either lack of know-how or resources put into that.
It means TW is not doing it.

Back
Top Bottom